Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We're pretty full on the right side

we have to take shots on some LD's, im ok with this simply because we nailed so many other picks lol

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
that's why they are paid scouts. Kreider, McDonagh, Anders Lee, etc... all drafted directly out of the USHS. ,Crosby played in the USHS at one of the biggest programs in the US at Shattuck's St Mary's but that's in Minnesota which likely has the best programs in the country followed by the New England league where guys like Higgins, Pac, Kreider played.

Sure but that was in his D-2 season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sure but that was in his D-2 season.

the poster was talking about evaluate anyone playing in a much inferior league. My point was that several quality NHLers played in that league and some were drafted directly out of that league. Just because someone played in the USHS doesn't mean they shouldn't be scouted and or drafted was my main point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
the poster was talking about evaluate anyone playing in a much inferior league. My point was that several quality NHLers played in that league and some were drafted directly out of that league. Just because someone played in the USHS doesn't mean they shouldn't be scouted and or drafted was my main point.
Especially when the kid is going straight to the NCAA in his D+1 season. We're not talking about a 2 years in the USHL super long term development deal here. This isn't Casey Staum or Mac Bennett.

Reactions: montreal

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Definitely excited to track him this year, he's a complete wildcard to me but appears to have the skillset we're looking for at the major organizational need of left defence.

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Especially when the kid is going straight to the NCAA in his D+1 season. We're not talking about a 2 years in the USHL super long term development deal here. This isn't Casey Staum or Mac Bennett.

It is not as far as their respective route are concerned. But it is as far as the type of players they are. But yes, and after looking at the D-Squad in NU, Harris will have a chance to make it and maybe play the whole year even as a freshman. I had to look 'cause often that's not the case. But he should have that possibility there. We will see. It's all about development. But as of now, he does have the pedigree of the other 2.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It is not as far as their respective route are concerned. But it is as far as the type of players they are. But yes, and after looking at the D-Squad in NU, Harris will have a chance to make it and maybe play the whole year even as a freshman. I had to look 'cause often that's not the case. But he should have that possibility there. We will see. It's all about development. But as of now, he does have the pedigree of the other 2.
The fact he was invited to the combine means he was a known quantity to the various scouts. To me, a guy like Staum was way more out of the left field. The northeastern coach really sounds like he has plans for Harris. Time will tell obviously but I'm taking it as a good sign.

Reactions: montreal

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The fact he was invited to the combine means he was a known quantity to the various scouts. To me, a guy like Staum was way more out of the left field. The northeastern coach really sounds like he has plans for Harris. Time will tell obviously but I'm taking it as a good sign.

Yeah I read how his scout think he'll use him and it's looking great for sure. And as I said, that D squad isn't packed. Before I saw that, it's not uncommon that freshmen won't play all game which in the end doesn't necessarily mean some kind of great development. But yes, it does seem he'll have it them. We will see. GoNUxstream might have a new member come September...

Reactions: NotProkofievian

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah I read how his scout think he'll use him and it's looking great for sure. And as I said, that D squad isn't packed. Before I saw that, it's not uncommon that freshmen won't play all game which in the end doesn't necessarily mean some kind of great development. But yes, it does seem he'll have it them. We will see. GoNUxstream might have a new member come September...

On the college boards the Northeastern fans have him as a regular in the top 6, of course if he struggles that will change things.

Hopefully they do free webstreams again, starting in October.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
HabsEyes website seems to be praising his skating while being critical of his shot. If a prospect with middling skating can work on that flaw with a coach like Barb Underhill, couldn't a weak-shot-afflicted elite skater like Harris work with a shot coach, practicing with weighted pucks?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
HabsEyes website seems to be praising his skating while being critical of his shot. If a prospect with middling skating can work on that flaw with a coach like Barb Underhill, couldn't a weak-shot-afflicted elite skater like Harris work with a shot coach, practicing with weighted pucks?
It worked for Yvon Cournoyer back in the day. Always a speedster, when he broke with the Habs he found his shot wasn't strong enough. So over the summer he practiced with pucks made of iron ( I think it was). He developed into one of the hardest shots of his era.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'll try and supply a stream whenever they're on ESPN, I'll be very curious too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad