Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
also he was back on the 2nd PP unit. I have been flipping back and forth from the Habs to this game, but didn't see the goal.

Someone should check on Primeau though, he may have fallen asleep that period. Barely any chances for SH, but not a fair matchup when you have Atlantic Conference teams facing Hockey East teams.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Smooth skater. Nice. We might have another solid D prospect.
He has the skating stride and style which will only make him a greater prospect as he gets stronger. Finally, we are starting to draft players who already have the skating ability to succeed rather than the those players we hope develop that skating ability. It's not really a hard process. While not all superior skaters make the NHL, it's very rare that a skating-challenged player does. Our drafting philosophy should be very simple: can the player skate? If there is any doubt in this regard, let some other team select the player with the hope that his skating improves.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Harris gets his 3rd point of the season as he picked up an assist. I didn't see his pass but I saw the goal and they gave it to the wrong person so we'll if they got the assist right or not. He's also had 4 shots on goal.

Impressive. 3 pts in 2 games as a 18 year old. How did this kid look in our rookie camp?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I actually didn't mind this pick after the draft. I was just upset because I would have liked other players instead.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Really good, he skated a whole lot and brought it up so many times... He seems to tend to go up the middle a bit too much, could be a lack of IQ or just inexperience. Good hands too. Didn't notice his shot.

Interesting. Seems like another intriguing prospect to watch this year in terms of development. I looked at his goals/game ability in several seasons. Seems to be around 5 goals ish per 35 games.

I'm assuming we took a stab on him with the 71st pick cause of his skating?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Interesting. Seems like another intriguing prospect to watch this year in terms of development. I looked at his goals/game ability in several seasons. Seems to be around 5 goals ish per 35 games.

Havent seen him, but guessing he is a quick decision maker. Part of our new philosophy.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Havent seen him, but guessing he is a quick decision maker. Part of our new philosophy.

Juulsen, Brook, Fleury, Weber, Petry, Romanov. All are guys who can skate and punish you down low. Romanov is the only LD. Add Mete but he is super small. Maybe a guy like Harris can fit well with Brook, Weber, Juulsen, or Fleury down the road?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Didn't see him at rookie camp (did he even attend?) but at the development camp he was excellent. Super smooth skater, and made some beautiful passes.

Nice! if you like him, I like him ;). You have my confidence until Kotkaniemi disappoints. Kidding, I don't expect him to disappoint.

I was watching the game on Saturday with a Leafs fan and he saw Kotkaniemi get that lazer of a shot off the cross bar and he said, "HOLY SHIT! I didn't think he could shoot it like that". I told him it was really his first chance at showing us his shot in open space

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Nice! if you like him, I like him ;). You have my confidence until Kotkaniemi disappoints. Kidding, I don't expect him to disappoint.

I was watching the game on Saturday with a Leafs fan and he saw Kotkaniemi get that lazer of a shot off the cross bar and he said, "HOLY ****! I didn't think he could shoot it like that". I told him it was really his first chance at showing us his shot in open space

We had a lot of smooth skating D at the development camp. Harris, Otto Leskinen (having a good season so far in Liiga), and Cameron Lee I remember as all being fantastic puck movers and skaters.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's got the skating, speed and mobility for the new NHL plus he has the offensive instincts, you can see that he wants to jump into the play and be aggressive in the offensive zone. He's not that big but he's got a decent shot from what i've seen although I'll get to see a ton of him since his home games are streamed for free.

Juulsen, Brook, Fleury, Weber, Petry, Romanov. All are guys who can skate and punish you down low. Romanov is the only LD. Add Mete but he is super small. Maybe a guy like Harris can fit well with Brook, Weber, Juulsen, or Fleury down the road?

Romanov and Harris are both LD's playing RD (though sometimes Romanov is at LD, I've seen him more at RD this year). We'll see how much can Harris progress, he's not big either but clearly a good bit bigger then Mete. He'll likely spend at least another year in the NCAA so we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So what are his chances of playing for team USA if he continues to play well on the top pairing? How many better RDs do they have than him before the start of the season?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Didn't see him at rookie camp (did he even attend?) but at the development camp he was excellent. Super smooth skater, and made some beautiful passes.
Yeah he is a very smart kid basically playing a mistakes free game and doing everything right, very smooth skater with very good passing and vision... He is just not deceptively fast and not the most creative in the offensive zone from the little I saw... His game reminded me a bit of Markov, great hockey IQ and great poise...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching last nights game. Harris played well especially since they moved him all over the lineup due to his D partner and their #1 defensemen being out of the game to injury. Harris played more like the 4th D although he saw more time later in the game. He played both LD and RD since he didn't have a set partner and they dressed 7 D. He wasn't on the ice for any goals against, played PP and PK.

During the game they said Harris is the 5th youngest player in the NCAA.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Great news for a prospect pool when a young freshman Dman is quietly having a good season and no one talks about it, an other 2 assist tonight for 11pts in 33 games! kid is still 18 year old!

Heres his 2 pass tonight, Second one is pretty nuts, Quick hands in tight space!

Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad