2018-19 Roster talk; Part four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Some fans will always focus on the negative when it comes to MacDonald but I think he's never been that terrible player they want to make you believe. He's just mediocre. He has his good games and he has his bad games like any mediocre player.

You would be wrong on this one.

Reactions: Domino666

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Boyle’s a pending UFA, right? I don’t support a probable rental on a team that is likely to miss the playoffs, especially if the rental is a 4th liner. I can see why you’d be interested & am not knocking the suggestion, though.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
laughton is invaluable on the pk, and is a great swiss army guy. Virtanen has that pedigree but I don't really like his game away from the puck.
I don’t think Laughton is invaluable at anything, but I’d trust your opinion on avoiding that trade.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don’t think Laughton is invaluable at anything, but I’d trust your opinion on avoiding that trade.

we have coots and giroux who are usually paired together that pk that are capable of skating the puck out of the zone and taking faceoffs. The only player on our pk that is capable of both is laughton, and personally id prefer if giroux and coots minutes were displaced by more ev and pp time.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
we have coots and giroux who are usually paired together that pk that are capable of skating the puck out of the zone and taking faceoffs. The only player on our pk that is capable of both is laughton, and personally id prefer if giroux and coots minutes were displaced by more ev and pp time.
I think Laughton is the definition of a replaceable part. But if you think he’s more valuable to the team than Virtanen, I don’t have enough grasp on them to argue.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I don’t like Laughton & would be willing to trade him for a chance.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So is your mom.
giphy-3.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think Laughton is the definition of a replaceable part. But if you think he’s more valuable to the team than Virtanen, I don’t have enough grasp on them to argue.

replaceable, of course. Would i spend good money to keep him here, no. But on this roster with the dearth of good skaters and responsible defensive abilities he is a guy that is quietly important .

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
replaceable, of course. Would i spend good money to keep him here, no. But on this roster with the dearth of good skaters and responsible defensive abilities he is a guy that is quietly important .
I think he is trying to fill role he’s not good enough at. But I could be wrong.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Laughton is moving into that Raffl roll. Maybe not up and down the line-up as much, as there should be more talent in the near future than the recent past, but swiss-army knife, the same.

And while Lindblom is the more heir apparent to Raffl's love (Rafflcopter, f*** YOU RAFFL), there's more hope for Lindblom than being a Honey-Bee all-star. Signing Adam Hall to Kent Manderville to the first Flyer's goal scorer of the 2016-17 season Boyd Gordon, all pale in comparison to actually having that guy, young, already on the roster and at a deflated price, meet Scott Laughton.

Remember when folks would say, "It's so easy to find 3rd and 4th line guys, don't complain about them."? And then 3rd and 4th line guys would promptly lose a game? Hopefully Laughton breaks that cycle.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don’t like Laughton & would be willing to trade him for a chance.
You have made t clear you don't like him. And just like Lindblom, you can't see the good in them.

Laughton on the 4th line LW is where I want him next year. Gives us a good PKer who can add some points, move up in the lineup if needed, move to C in needed(injuries).

Reactions: wasup

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Laughton will have a year where it all comes together and he scores 5 SH goals and 20 overall and get a nice payday out of it.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You have made t clear you don't like him. And just like Lindblom, you can't see the good in them.

Laughton on the 4th line LW is where I want him next year. Gives us a good PKer who can add some points, move up in the lineup if needed, move to C in needed(injuries).
No, I’ve supported Laughton as 4lLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino