Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
e1dfb8f099d7281872b749f1e49fbaa2.jpg

Part 3: 2018-19 Roster talk; Part three

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
The 1st will be a sought after pick but they don’t have to move it if they want a top end player or two. It’s just logical around draft time that it would be a piece moved. Out of the following players though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of the folllowing moved out in package deals over the next 6-8 months.

Laughton
Lindblom
Hagg
—————
Frost
Farabee
Myers
2019 1st(3-15th overall)
—————
O’Brien
2020 1st
Allison
Ratcliffe
—————
2019-2020 2nd-3rd Rd Picks(5 Total)
Vorobyev
Rubstov
Laczynski
Cates
NAK
Friedman
Zamula
Ginning
—————
Sandstrom
Ustimenko
Ersson

That’s 27 assets that could be moved out to fill 3-4 roster slots. It’s not even factoring in what they get in return for Simmonds, Raffl, Folin, Elliott/Neuvirth, and hopefully Gudas.

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@landsbergfan

I don’t know, and I’m not willing to state that he will be outscored by others in his draft class (not that that even a concern to me) 2 - 6 seasons from now, which is really what I’m talking about. I think he can go to the Giroux halfwall as well, but I think G is going to be there for 3-4 more years, so yea, that might keep his PP totals down for a bit. I do think you could see him as net frot and JvR as high slot guy next season. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him score 15 – 20 points on PP if that’s the case. Play him with a guy like G or TK (who I think he should be with right now anyways) or any decent ES scorer (maybe Panarin @Magua) , and he’s going to blow up. He’s capable of 50 ES points maybe more if the line was something like G-Patrick-TK. I will admit, however, he hasn’t done enough as of yet to deserve those minutes this season.

Yeah, it’s all about usage, but 70-80 points isn’t off the table with the right usage. To me he’s totally capable of that, no question in my mind.

I guess what I’m saying is if he tops out at 50 points as his top offensive production, I’ll be a bit upset. Not particularly at the player, but at the usage. He’s got the tools to be a very good player in the league.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The 1st will be a sought after pick but they don’t have to move it if they want a top end player or two. It’s just logical around draft time that it would be a piece moved. Out of the following players though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of the folllowing moved out in package deals over the next 6-8 months.

Laughton
Lindblom
Hagg
—————
Frost
Farabee
Myers
2019 1st(3-15th overall)
—————
O’Brien
2020 1st
Allison
Ratcliffe
—————
2019-2020 2nd-3rd Rd Picks(5 Total)
Vorobyev
Rubstov
Laczynski
Cates
NAK
Friedman
Zamula
Ginning
—————
Sandstrom
Ustimenko
Ersson

That’s 27 assets that could be moved out to fill 3-4 roster slots. It’s not even factoring in what they get in return for Simmonds, Raffl, Folin, Elliott/Neuvirth, and hopefully Gudas.
I'm not sure what trade value unsigned college kids have , same with the unsigned Euro's .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There is no reason to trade Lindblom, Frost, Myers, this year's 1st or Farabee, unless you're offered a premier player under 25.
You don't trade core prospects when you have so many other assets you can deal.

And you don't "sell low" on prospects like Rubtsov, or on players who are still in juniors, the SHL, etc.
Better off holding on to most of these prospects until they get to the AHL and can be showcased as "NHL ready."

Reactions: achdumeingute

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Slowly but surely Fletcher is starting to make the right moves. It started by calling up Hart, then it continued with trading Weal and waiving Weise. I would say it's only a matter of time before he starts calling up guys like Myers and NAK, and begins to sell before the deadline (Simmonds, Raffl, etc). I really think he is loading up for a big summer ala Holmgren's 2007, including getting a proven NHL coach.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, there's no rush.
It's not like the Flyers have a shot at the playoffs.
And Fletcher needs time to make smart evaluations of his new team.

Fans struggle with delayed gratification.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
25-28-11
23-14-93
21-19-17
12-24-NAK (forget his number)

9-53
6-3
8-Myers

That could literally be the lineup tomorrow.

Eventually replace Hagg with Morin. Simmonds hopefully is traded for a young forward.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And that lineup will still struggle.
No legitimate first line.
Provorov - Ghost isn't a reliable pair, hot stretch last year, bad stretch this year.
Myers will make his share of rookie mistakes.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think he can go to the Giroux halfwall as well, but I think G is going to be there for 3-4 more years, so yea, that might keep his PP totals down for a bit. I do think you could see him as net frot and JvR as high slot guy next season. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him score 15 – 20 points on PP if that’s the case.

See, I don't think Patrick should be on the half wall in an ideal scenario. Even in his prime. Certainly growth can be had, but he is legitimately terrible there right now. He has no one timer, quickness and agility is not a strength, neither is puck deception. His mediocrity in that role is a major reason why PP2 has struggled. He never seems able to actually face the net, and he's not one to stickhandle around or throw feints at a checker. His back gets turned, play just goes along the boards to die. That seems to me in the same school of thought as, "Provorov will be a PP1 QB one day."

What he does excel at is as a net front presence. He's got good hands in tight, a big body that will eventually become harder to move, and he can bounce out below the net as a secondary QB, where he can pass like few net front guys. That ability to QB behind the net is something this team needs, not Simmonds whacking pucks around like he's using a pool noodle. THAT's his role to me long-term. And unlike YJ, I believe he should be playing it right now, after a Simmonds trade *knock on wood*. There's no reason to wait for him to develop into a top 6 center at ES first. Confidence is a thing as well.

VladdyMcDraggy said:
Yeah, it’s all about usage, but 70-80 points isn’t off the table with the right usage. To me he’s totally capable of that, no question in my mind.

I guess what I’m saying is if he tops out at 50 points as his top offensive production, I’ll be a bit upset. Not particularly at the player, but at the usage. He’s got the tools to be a very good player in the league.

If he plays PP1, there's no reason his realistic potential is not at least in the 60 point range. Schenn and Simmonds stunk up the joint at ES and still sniffed around that. But he has personal growth to do to get more into the 70 range (80 range, we'll see). It's plausible. But, yes, he likely needs a star winger next to him along with improved quickness and strength below the dot and the ability to get his shot off. He could stand to be more creative and aggressive attacking defenders too. He never really goes through anyone.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
See, I don't think Patrick should be on the half wall in an ideal scenario. Even in his prime. Certainly growth can be had, but he is legitimately terrible there right now. He has no one timer, quickness and agility is not a strength, neither is puck deception. His mediocrity in that role is a major reason why PP2 has struggled. He never seems able to actually face the net, and he's not one to stickhandle around or throw feints at a checker. His back gets turned, play just goes along the boards to die. That seems to me in the same school of thought as, "Provorov will be a PP1 QB one day."

What he does excel at is as a net front presence. He's got good hands in tight, a big body that will eventually become harder to move, and he can bounce out below the net as a secondary QB, where he can pass like few net front guys. That ability to QB behind the net is something this team needs, not Simmonds whacking pucks around like he's using a pool noodle. THAT's his role to me long-term. And unlike YJ, I believe he should be playing it right now, after a Simmonds trade *knock on wood*. There's no reason to wait for him to develop into a top 6 center at ES first. Confidence is a thing as well.
Well hold on there, partner. I just said the left half wall idea popped in my head on the 5F PP1 last night due to what he had done before the Flyers. That isn't where I would prefer he play and I agree that he currently isn't doing what you'd want from someone in that area. To me Giroux at the left half wall is something you don't fix until it breaks. The lack of one timer annoys me. Somewhat unrelated, but Jake should be playing the right side like he did at the top last night. It bothers me that he looks to always try some cheeky pass instead of letting it fly

Reactions: VladDrag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->