2018-19 Roster talk; Part four

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I’m not against adding an established top four defender but it’s got to be a legit one. Obviously that’s easier said than done. But I want no parts of guys like that when already have guys like MacDonald & Hagg here & Phil Myers still in the minors.

I would have been all in to get Muzzin (especially considering his contract) even if it meant giving up assets this season. I'm all for breaking the bank for Erik Karlsson. But honestly other than that, I don't see a legit top 4 defender that is really available. I'm not for breaking the bank on Trouba, for instance. And I'm not trading Ghost for one.

I mean I'd love to get Parayko but I don't believe he's available. I'm officially in "pass" mode on Drew Doughty as well.

Edit: I'm down for some Dougie Hamilton though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
so you want to throw hart in front in front of defense with inexperienced players?, that's a very bad idea for his development especially the way they are playing right now, it's not going to help him next year.

as regards to the fowards if we dont get any fa forwards, i think this is what fletch is probably going to go with because i dont see anyone that's better than what we have
How’s Hart doing? Pretty great, right?

The defense will be better next year than they currently are and he’s definitely not being ruined right now.

On top of that, adding garbage defensemen, simply because they’re experienced, does more harm than good.

MacDonald is experienced, want to keep him around? I would hope not.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, MacDonald is playing very well since he got healthy:
26g Corsi 52.31%, SCF/CA 155/150, HDCF/CA 78/51.

Here's the crazy thing about the 8 game win streak, only players with Corsi > 50:
Voracek 51.87
Couts 51.34
Lindblom 52.02

Guys under 40.0
TK 37.89
JVR 38.50
Laughton 38.46
Simmonds 39.67
Raffl 37.84
Varone 31.19
Vorobyev 33.33
Lehtera 18.45

Hagg 38.62
Folin 35.42

How about HDCF/CA?
The Good:
Voracek 26/11
Couts 26/15
Lindblom 20/9

The Good Enough:
Patrick 23/19
Laughton 23/18
Simmonds 21/20
Sanheim 26/22
Provorov 27/23
MacDonald 23/18
Ghost 14/10

The Ugly:
Giroux 13/29
TK 9/26
JVR 12/27
Raffl 6/11
Varone 7/15
Gudas 17/31
Hagg 18/35

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
How’s Hart doing? Pretty great, right?

The defense will be better next year than they currently are and he’s definitely not being ruined right now.

On top of that, adding garbage defensemen, simply because they’re experienced, does more harm than good.

MacDonald is experienced, want to keep him around? I would hope not.

you need experienced d especially for the playoffs, i mean look at the pens series, look how much the young d struggled in those games, you really believe 6 young dmen and goalie can survive a 16 game series? it's a different atmosphere, it's not like the regular season, there's alot of pressure and that's why you never see teams go in the playoffs with inexperienced d, it's a way to just get knocked out in the first round no matter how good your goalie is.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
you need experienced d especially for the playoffs, i mean look at the pens series, look how much the young d struggled in those games, you really believe 6 young dmen and goalie can survive a 16 game series? it's a different atmosphere, it's not like the regular season, there's alot of pressure and that's why you never see teams go in the playoffs with inexperienced d, it's a way to just get knocked out in the first round no matter how good your goalie is.
You need quality defensemen more than experienced defensemen. On top of that, as every game goes by, our defensemen are getting more experienced.

And then actually look at our top 4 D...
Provorov plays like a vet.
Ghost is a vet.
Sanheim has the talent to make up for his inexperience.
Gudas is a vet.

It's not an issue worth "fixing" by adding bad players, based on nothing more than age.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad