2018-19 Roster talk; Part four

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Forgot about Edler. I remember hearing Van was going to resign him but who knows.
They prob will. He seems like a career guy there. Maybe they decide to go in a different direction but if not i imagine he’s the next highest sought after besides EK. Might end up being too much $ or term to make sense.

I’d love to swap him in for AMac though.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just stopping by to say as much as I hate it for an Eastern conference team to get better, I'm glad you've found your new superstar goalie and it's been fun to watch the last 8 games. Is he nearing any cool stats or records as a rookie?

@Starat327 and @Tripod

If he wins his next start, it will be 8 in a row. That would be tied with Jocelyn Thibault for longest streak ever for a goalie under 21 years old.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Just stopping by to say as much as I hate it for an Eastern conference team to get better, I'm glad you've found your new superstar goalie and it's been fun to watch the last 8 games. Is he nearing any cool stats or records as a rookie?

@Starat327 and @Tripod

Are you a Panthers fan? We were just discussing Hoffman. Is he potentially moving with trying to acquire cap room?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If he wins his next start, it will be 8 in a row. That would be tied with Jocelyn Thibault for longest streak ever for a goalie under 21 years old.

That's all time? Damn, that's impressive. Have the D pairings changed or the formation/coverage in your own end? I've only been stat watching but looks like he's facing 35-40 shots on the regular which makes it that much more impressive.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
That's all time? Damn, that's impressive. Have the D pairings changed or the formation/coverage in your own end? I've only been stat watching but looks like he's facing 35-40 shots on the regular which makes it that much more impressive.

The whole team has been playing harder but they still get into trouble and give up a lot of chances. Hart, if anything, is prevailing in spite of that. He's not getting "easy" opponents or anything that could be classified as sheltered.

Thrown to the wolves! Sink or swim! He's our superman! :yo:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Are you a Panthers fan? We were just discussing Hoffman. Is he potentially moving with trying to acquire cap room?

Only scenario that makes sense is for the 8th year option of Panarin. Or trading/packing him for a top 4 RD.
I really like his game, didn't think he would actually back check and always assumed he was a bit of a floater. He isn't. I'd re-sign him over Dadonov but obviously the rumor of Panarin coming here complicates things.
Our management could view Vatrano (currently on pace for 25 goals) as a Hoffman replacement but it'd be silly to move him for anything but a decent RD.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Only scenario that makes sense is for the 8th year option of Panarin. Or trading/packing him for a top 4 RD.
I really like his game, didn't think he would actually back check and always assumed he was a bit of a floater. He isn't. I'd re-sign him over Dadonov but obviously the rumor of Panarin coming here complicates things.
Our management could view Vatrano (currently on pace for 25 goals) as a Hoffman replacement but it'd be silly to move him for anything but a decent RD.

Ok, thanks. We aren't in a position to trade a top 4 D. It could potentially be a three way deal. @Rebels57 had a scenario in our trade thread.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The whole team has been playing harder but they still get into trouble and give up a lot of chances. Hart, if anything, is prevailing in spite of that. He's not getting "easy" opponents or anything that could be classified as sheltered.

Thrown th the wolves! Sink or swim! He's our superman! :yo:

All the best with him except against the kitties, your defense just needs more experience and you should be a top 3 Metro team soon enough. :cheers:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is the summer to ADD to our team. Not subtract. Not just make lateral moves. We have the unique opportunity to turn into a contender in 1 year.

Thanks to Hextall we have prospect pool full of kids that will be soon be pressuring guys from below. Lots of kids have already made it and are playing big roles. Look to add to that from above by adding thru FA. Look to add thru trades too.

We need to KEEP guys who outplay their contracts. That is what will allow us to be the best team possible. That's why keeping Ghost is important. He has the ability to blow that contract out of the water on his good years. And honestly, I don't care where he plays in our top 6 as long as he plays well. It's also why if we cal lock up the other D long term at great deals, the next 6ish years could set up great. Especially when we have the next wave of kids coming behind them where they will overcook just due to lack of opportunity.

No need to sit and wait for the kids. Time to add to the team to bridge the gaps to the kids...or force the kids to step up their game to overtake others.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

@Starat327 and @Tripod

Think someone already said it but yeah, he can tie the record for longest win streak for an under 21 with his next win.

Not record, but he's sporting a 925 sv% which is pretty impressive when you consider the team he's on and the fact it's his first season. I'm trying to manage my expectations a bit, but the kid is just so, so good. I'm sure eventually there will be enough tape for people to start to find the proverbial chink in the armor, but I honestly don't think he has one that's all that exploitable.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I mean I honestly think AMac has been good-to-great by the eye test over the course of ... at least 5-6 games.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I mean I honestly think AMac has been good-to-great by the eye test over the course of ... at least 5-6 games.

He seems back to his last season level, where in my opinion he was completely acceptable.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Some fans will always focus on the negative when it comes to MacDonald but I think he's never been that terrible player they want to make you believe. He's just mediocre. He has his good games and he has his bad games like any mediocre player.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Some fans will always focus on the negative when it comes to MacDonald but I think he's never been that terrible player they want to make you believe. He's just mediocre. He has his good games and he has his bad games like any mediocre player.
I used to really dislike AMac. Last season I thought he was fine. Beginning of this season I disliked him again. Recently, no issue other than he’s overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad