Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Rumors XI: The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...pep-segura-john-w-henry-a7923351.html#gallery

John Henry is apparently dead set on not selling Coutinho to Pep Segura. At least for the time being.

Of note:

The Segura backstory is interesting for sure, but I don't think the decision to keep Coutinho was predicated on that.

I think it was originally about trying to lose the selling club tag. And after the no-sell statement, it also became about maintaining credibility.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Why pay all that money for a player with a primary position of CM when you already have 3 CM's getting big minutes in a 2 CM system?

Because Fabinho is one of the top CDMs who is more than capable at RB. He offers flexibility and quality depth. Drinkwater provides good depth in midfield, but if the injury bug hits then we quickly see the weaknesses in the team especially as they will be spread thin over four competitions.

Anyways, worth pointing out that Costa could still move today as La Liga's transfer window shuts tonight only.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't get why more teams aren't in on Icardi.

Really thought Chelsea would pursue Fabinho hard. Can play both RB and in midfield...

Yes Icardi and Perisic as well. Also Icardi had a lot of troubles with Inter fans in the past. He'd be easily worth close to 100M in today's market. Clinical finisher.

Regarding PSG, their lack of a 6 might hurt them in the CL. RM started to win when they realized they needed a destroyer as a 6, even if he's not the best at his position, rather than going all out offense.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't see Lemar moving in the winter, especially with Monaco in the CL and so on but I could see Liverpool going back in in the summer. van Dijk I could see moving in the winter though and apparently he's the only one they want and hopefully by then Southampton will be willing to sell.

Lemar next summer is going to be a struggle I'd think unless Liverpool make some big waves (title challenge, win at least one KO round of the CL). Otherwise I think the big fish will be all over him offering more money and potentially more competitive teams.

The Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe detailed Liverpool’s negotiations for Van Dijk, saying “Fenway Sports Group assured the Southampton hierarchy they would not make any approach unless invited.”

“Rather than seek an alternative centre-back, Klopp sought to wait for the player he really wants and follow a long-term plan,” he added.

With Joel Matip, Dejan Lovren, Ragnar Klavan and Joe Gomez as Klopp’s current options at the back, Bascombe believes “Liverpool are sure to revive their interest in Van Dijk in January, or even wait until next summer.”

However, French publication L’Equipe claim that Lemar had told Monaco it was “the Reds or nothing else,” setting his sights on a move to Anfield.

They also report that Monaco repeatedly increased their valuation of the winger during talks, and that the two clubs are likely to reconvene in January.

The Reds’ abject end to the summer transfer window has left many on Merseyside deflated, but the prospect of Van Dijk and Lemar arriving next year should be a major boost.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
So, there are quite a few Liverpool Fans here, could someone please enlighten me about Ryan Kent?

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
He is good. Winger with pace. Very direct player. Decent ceiling.

Ceiling is probably not that interesting as he is in Freiburg on a loan.
Winger with pace sounds good, our wingers were horrifyingly uncreative in the first two games of the season, but now with the newly arrived Ravet, Terrazino and Kent maybe that changes for the better.
Offense seems crowded now though, when taking in account how badly the last loan from a better Premier League club failed over here (Coquelin from Arsenal) it seems a stretch to actually see Kent getting significant minutes...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So, there are quite a few Liverpool Fans here, could someone please enlighten me about Ryan Kent?

Tricky, pacy winger. Still needs to work a bit on his end product but he's ready to contribute at that level IMO. I also think that the BuLi is a good place for him. He can go to the outside or cut inside as well and doesn't have tunnel vision.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
This window has proved to us, Arsenal fans, that whoever is in charge of running this ship, isn't fit for the job. I don't care if it's the owners, Wenger, or the freaking ground's crew... fingers have to be pointed, period.

We kept 2 players who didn't want to be here (Sanchez and Mustafi), we're on the verge of losing Ozil and Sanchez on free transfers next year and Wenger or the board are unwilling to spend the proper fees to get top notch players in order to compete for legit silverware.

After yesterday, I couldn't care less about this season and I hope we'll finish in the middle in the table, have fans riot or just boycott the games played at home. I want this season to be a total and utter fiasco so Wenger and Kroenke can gtfo as fast as possible.

I was a die hard fan but with all the crap that's been going on for the past couple of seasons, I couldn't care less.

Great job Arsenal.... great job!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was a die hard fan but with all the crap that's been going on for the past couple of seasons, I couldn't care less.

Great job Arsenal.... great job!

And yet Arsenal have not even come close to the shambles that Liverpool were in not so long ago. There are worse tests of resolve as a fan than just not finishing in the top 4 for the first time in ages (and still winning the FA Cup).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Guedes loaned to Valencia.
Apparently, Di Maria could transfer to Barca in the next hours.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Guedes loaned to Valencia.
Apparently, Di Maria could transfer to Barca in the next hours.

One last stupid move by Bart until he's gone. I'll be content if it's anything less than 50.

Munir joins Alaves to play with Bojan. How ironic.:laugh:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And yet Arsenal have not even come close to the shambles that Liverpool were in not so long ago. There are worse tests of resolve as a fan than just not finishing in the top 4 for the first time in ages (and still winning the FA Cup).

Depends.

At least you guys had new managers every once in a while. It's the same old with Arsenal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Latest offer is 45M€. Should be accepted.

It might be worth it if he scores and celebrates against Madrid. He's dumb as rocks and not worth half that but if this is the last mistake by this ****** board... I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad