Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Rumors XI: The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea are hoping to get Barkley in January according to Matt Law. He asked for time and did not fully reject Chelsea. So, maybe he didn't want to fail the medical and have that against him in negotiations for wages.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
AOC is better than Barkley.

Barkley is a broken clock player. Useless, but Twice a season he does something right.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
AOC is better than Barkley.

Barkley is a broken clock player. Useless, but Twice a season he does something right.

No one is saying AOC is better and AOC sold for a higher price than Barkley was going to go for anyway.

Ah, saw who you were responding to.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And I say that Barkley is underrated because of everybody calling him overrated like you.

Players who can't make fundamental plays to win games are never underrated. Anyone can watch the player play 90 minutes as the creative point in the center and not recognize runners. He has played 150 games for Everton now and they decided to replace him with Rooney and Sigurdsson. Players both no longer good enough for Manchester United or Tottenham.

He can score some golazos so I guess if that's how people rate players then he's underrated because that's all he can do. Big whoop.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Players who can't make fundamental plays to win games are never underrated. Anyone can watch the player play 90 minutes as the creative point in the center and not recognize runners. He has played 150 games for Everton now and they decided to replace him with Rooney and Sigurdsson. Players both no longer good enough for Manchester United or Tottenham.

He can score some golazos so I guess if that's how people rate players then he's underrated because that's all he can do. Big whoop.

He's a good enough squad/rotational player for bigger clubs IMO.

Everton also tried to retain him, so it's not like they didn't want him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's a good enough squad/rotational player for bigger clubs IMO.

Everton also tried to retain him, so it's not like they didn't want him.

I agree, he's fine as a rotational player. That definitely doesn't mean he's underrated.

I do not think he would play a very big part in Chelsea's squad either.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
He's just said 5 minutes ago live on TV : "I'm very happy at Monaco".

I think it's dead for this window.

Yeah probably a way to give them more clicks. If I got the translation right they said "Liverpool not giving up Lemar" So they'll get away with it even if he doesn't end up in Liverpool

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I agree, he's fine as a rotational player. That definitely doesn't mean he's underrated.

I do not think he would play a very big part in Chelsea's squad either.

He's underrated by some that think he's just crap. Same way that Morata and Pedro are underrated by some.

Barkley isn't all that different from Willian, and could fill a similar role.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Read somewhere today (English source) that La Liga clubs can still sign players tomorrow. Can't remember if that's the case or not.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So veryunreliable source saying Lemar to Barça tomorrow. He's been very quiet for a reason apparently. French source too.

Bojan to Alaves (loan I believe).

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Watching the coverage on Sky just for the last hour or so and is this a joke? My gosh this makes NHL trade deadline coverage look credible.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's underrated by some that think he's just crap. Same way that Morata and Pedro are underrated by some.

Barkley isn't all that different from Willian, and could fill a similar role.

More of a Schurrle. Willian is a better player than I think he's given credit for, and I'd be comfortable with having him starting every week if that was required. Can't say the same for Barkley, who I find extremely inconsistent in general. I know why Chelsea wants Barkley, their choices are massively limited in this scenario, but he's not a player I'd want to be forced to have to sign. Also very confused as to why they'd loan Loftus-Cheek.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Willian is limited as a player.

This isn't a discussion. He's got nothing to offer in the final 3rd.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Willian is limited as a player.

This isn't a discussion. He's got nothing to offer in the final 3rd.

I know he's limited. He offers a lot more than Barkley though, so if you think Willian's contribution is a problem, then...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also very confused as to why they'd loan Loftus-Cheek.

He wasn't going to get anytime. Musonda should get the minutes in the front 3, and that's where Conte viewed RLC at. Now I wouldn't have loaned him until we completed more deals, but we could've done that with a bunch of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad