Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Rumors XI: The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
There are players I don't understand why they're still with their respective teams.

Ricardo and Danilo Pereira with Porto - I thought top teams will go hard after them.

Belotti with Torino. This might be one year too many for Belotti with Torino. He's ready for a bigger club.

Berardi with Sassuolo. Disappointing last season mainly due to injuries but he needs to go to a bigger club.

Seri with Nice. After all the rumors and his will to play for a bigger club.

Diego Costa with Chelsea. Wtf? Is he willing to stay home 4 more months?

Litchtsteiner with Juve. At some point it was a sure thing he was leaving and Juve was supposed to acquire a new RB.

VVD with Southampton for obvious reasons.

Lemar and Fabinho with Monaco. To a lesser extent though. I didn't expect Monaco to sell all their starting lineup but it was looking more and more likely. Good thing they stayed.

Alexis with Arsenal. I don't want to believe Arsenal are actually going to lose him for free.

Mahrez with Leicester. It's been 2 years he was supposed to leave.

Aubameyang with Dortmund. Same here. How many years he was supposed to leave already?

Andre Gomes and Arda Turan with Barca. What are they still doing there?

Kovacic with RM.With the acquisition of Ceballos I was sure Kovacic was gone. They also have Llorente. Too many midfielfers and surprised they didn't loan out any of the youngsters.

Draxler/Di Maria with PSG. I thought one of them had to leave mainly due to FFP. But I also thought Lucas Moura was leaving no matter what. Same with Ben Arfa. Why are both even with the club? I don't expect any playing time for them.

Koulibaly with Napoli. With many top teams needing a good CB I thought they'd be all over him.

Werner, Keita and Forsberg with RBL. Not necessarily surprised but I thought like Monaco, top teams will try and steal their best players. Not like it wasn't already tried with Keita whom we know will be leaving next summer.

Other players like Chambers, Mangala, Inigo Martinez, Garay, NZonzi, De Vrij and probably others.

Reactions: Peen

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think you will find anyone defending Arsenal. It's a total **** show.

Not defending, but thinking Arsenal's troubles are over exaggerated on here. They're not and I have absolutely zero faith for the next four months. True, even with a ****show of a transfer window, this club has enough talent to make the top four, but the tactics and confidence will prevent it. Additionally, I fully believe that Lacazette has the potential to score 30 goals this year, but when your **** manager starts him on the bench in a very important match up; shows his managerial skills are less than Creed Bratton from The Office. This isn't even factoring in the constant rumours/smoke of the lockerroom dysfunction where half of the team wants Sanchez gone. Which we then turn to Sanchez and he clearly looks like he doesn't want to try anymore (where I don't blame him).

And Lemar for Sanchez is a lateral move at best. Where the ****ing **** is the rest of the players we need? Selling CB's to the point we have West Brom declining us for Jonny ****ing Evans, which in turn makes Mustafi have to stay even though he wants out. Our midfield is in shambles and bought no one of any quality to replace them. Ramsey is far passed his welcome as a starting XI and his car metre has ran out. Xhaka is looking like a bigger bust every game he plays in. Cazorla is still another three weeks away before EVEN starting training and a long assignment in the U23s. Wilshere looks like he's a U23 starter. Nelson is 17 years old and preseason is way different than regular. Koscielny has a hamstring and will miss time meaning the slowest natural element in Mertesacker is going to start next Saturday. And not even him, but Chambers has a realistic shot too, a guy Arsenal wanted gone.

I feel like I am on crazy pills here.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I'm surprised Wenger doesn't say **** it and just walk away after the disaster that the start of this season has been. I'm pretty sure we've all been in similar situations in life with things going against us, and many have thought it. :laugh:

I feel like this transfer season has been different than others. Complete ****ing mess. Leaving everything to that last minute is just not acceptable.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I'm surprised Wenger doesn't say **** it and just walk away after the disaster that the start of this season has been. I'm pretty sure we've all been in similar situations in life with things going against us, and many have thought it. :laugh:

I feel like this transfer season has been different than others. Complete ****ing mess. Leaving everything to that last minute is just not acceptable.

If this were FM, I'd be tempted to reload as Wenger ;)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well, that was a bad decision.

He probably thinks we need depth as well :laugh:

Well well. Improved without spending a penny. And still people think teams like Everton has had a better window than Spurs (not that I have seen rankings on this board).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There are players I don't understand why they're still with their respective teams.

Ricardo and Danilo Pereira with Porto - I thought top teams will go hard after them.

Draxler/Di Maria with PSG. I thought one of them had to leave mainly due to FFP. But I also thought Lucas Moura was leaving no matter what. Same with Ben Arfa. Why are both even with the club? I don't expect any playing time for them.

Other players like Chambers, Mangala, Inigo Martinez, Garay, NZonzi, De Vrij and probably others.

1/ PSG pushed hard for Danilo Perreira but Porto was asking for 75M.

2/ PSG wanted Seri, even yesterday still, but the guy wanted Barca. Also he's not really a 6, which was PSG's main target

3/ Nasser likes Di Maria and was not keen on selling him to Barca (no kidding, after all their stunts). Thing is, only Barca was willing to spend big on him. Draxler wanted to stay. Lucas is Neymar's buddy and I think nobody wanted to pay 35M for him.
As for HBA he wants PSG to pay him his last year before leaving for Nice (Nice doesn't have the money to pay a transfer except if they get money from a Seri transfer). PSG refuses and wants a transfer to Turkey, where two teams made offers accepted by PSG. To be honest, HBA did go to Turkey and there's still a chance he leaves today (market is opened there today). But it would be an awful choice for him to stay a year on the bench and not great of a choice eithe rto go to Turkey.

N'Zonzi was approached by PSG. Too expensive for the player he is.

IMO, PSG not selling is a problem, but not getting a 6 is a HUGE problem. They only have Motta and Rabiot who can cover there. But if Rabiot covers there, you don't have much of an 8 replacing him (either 10 like Pastore or Lo Celso, or youngsters). And Rabiot made it clear (and he's right) he wants to play 8 not 6.
So except if they go for a 4-2-4 Monaco style (which I doubt really), they made a huge mistake not getting a 6.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal bought the least of all PL teams. Two players. Oh, wait! They only actually paid for one of those!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Henry dug himself a hole. Being that much of an "idealist" in football doesn't make sense. Maybe I missed something, but why does it matter it was Segura? If anything Segura should be the one disappointed with Liverpool?

As a Spursfan I know the pain of your best players leaving, but I also know Spurs are a better team now than when players like Berbatov and Modric played for the club. Even losing Modric, arguably the best CM in the world, the team could still improve. Coutinho for all his qualities will with 99% certainty never be as good as Modric. Seems reasonable to believe Liverpool would have been stronger without Coutinho in my opinion (even if van Dijk was still off the table).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
1/ PSG pushed hard for Danilo Perreira but Porto was asking for 75M.

2/ PSG wanted Seri, even yesterday still, but the guy wanted Barca. Also he's not really a 6, which was PSG's main target

3/ Nasser likes Di Maria and was not keen on selling him to Barca (no kidding, after all their stunts). Thing is, only Barca was willing to spend big on him. Draxler wanted to stay. Lucas is Neymar's buddy and I think nobody wanted to pay 35M for him.
As for HBA he wants PSG to pay him his last year before leaving for Nice (Nice doesn't have the money to pay a transfer except if they get money from a Seri transfer). PSG refuses and wants a transfer to Turkey, where two teams made offers accepted by PSG. To be honest, HBA did go to Turkey and there's still a chance he leaves today (market is opened there today). But it would be an awful choice for him to stay a year on the bench and not great of a choice eithe rto go to Turkey.

N'Zonzi was approached by PSG. Too expensive for the player he is.

IMO, PSG not selling is a problem, but not getting a 6 is a HUGE problem. They only have Motta and Rabiot who can cover there. But if Rabiot covers there, you don't have much of an 8 replacing him (either 10 like Pastore or Lo Celso, or youngsters). And Rabiot made it clear (and he's right) he wants to play 8 not 6.
So except if they go for a 4-2-4 Monaco style (which I doubt really), they made a huge mistake not getting a 6.

Pereira is a fantastic player who is way too good for Liga NOS, but that is a tad too much. Agree that it is still crazy that PSG didn't buy a six.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I'd like to apologize to Stray Wasp for ever intimating that West Ham's owners were on a different tier than Mike Ashley.

They really aren't. Honestly, I kind of underestimated just how much the support has turned in that direction.
I was warned several times by Birmingham City supporters after G&S bought WHU, they'll suck out as much money as possible without caring for the club. I kinda laughed those red-flags off, stupid me. :rant:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Speculation is that Barca will trigger Parejo's 50M release clause when they finally admit defeat on securing Coutinho today.

Jesus Christ, Barto needs to **** off

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If you read into that article, it's implying Coutinho knew this was coming during last season, and the lines are drawn that it might have been Segura doing the pushing for a while. Makes sense to me.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
ArsenalTV been amazing.

Oh the season will be brutal....our Manager is brutal...Xhaka is awful but play him with EL-Neny or Coquelin at least...frking Ramsey play like a fwd.

8th place finish... Defense will be horrific again

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

Belotti with Torino. This might be one year too many for Belotti with Torino. He's ready for a bigger club.

Berardi with Sassuolo. Disappointing last season mainly due to injuries but he needs to go to a bigger club.

Litchtsteiner with Juve. At some point it was a sure thing he was leaving and Juve was supposed to acquire a new RB.

VVD with Southampton for obvious reasons.

Lemar and Fabinho with Monaco. To a lesser extent though. I didn't expect Monaco to sell all their starting lineup but it was looking more and more likely. Good thing they stayed.

Alexis with Arsenal. I don't want to believe Arsenal are actually going to lose him for free.

Mahrez with Leicester. It's been 2 years he was supposed to leave.

Aubameyang with Dortmund. Same here. How many years he was supposed to leave already?

Andre Gomes and Arda Turan with Barca. What are they still doing there?

Kovacic with RM.With the acquisition of Ceballos I was sure Kovacic was gone. They also have Llorente. Too many midfielfers and surprised they didn't loan out any of the youngsters.

Koulibaly with Napoli. With many top teams needing a good CB I thought they'd be all over him.

Werner, Keita and Forsberg with RBL. Not necessarily surprised but I thought like Monaco, top teams will try and steal their best players. Not like it wasn't already tried with Keita whom we know will be leaving next summer.

I don't get why more teams aren't in on Icardi.

Really thought Chelsea would pursue Fabinho hard. Can play both RB and in midfield...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really thought Chelsea would pursue Fabinho hard. Can play both RB and in midfield...

Why pay all that money for a player with a primary position of CM when you already have 3 CM's getting big minutes in a 2 CM system?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

They were close enough to a deal, but Atletico wanted Costa to take a pay cut and they also didn't want to start paying him wages until he can start playing for them. It'll happen in January.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
ArsenalTV been amazing.

Oh the season will be brutal....our Manager is brutal...Xhaka is awful but play him with EL-Neny or Coquelin at least...frking Ramsey play like a fwd.

8th place finish... Defense will be horrific again

I usually stay out of this EPL stuff, but as an outsider it's pretty obvious Arsene Wenger is the problem. He's 67yo, at Arsenal for ages and doesn't accept influence from outside the box it seems. Arsenal needs a complete overhaul with new faces and ideas IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad