Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With the revelation that MacArthur could be out again indefinitely & that Brassard & Karlsson may not start the yr & that Dzingel is attending training camp, which tells me his wrist is fine & that he should be good to go, this is the lineup I think starts the yr.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Burrows - Smith - Pyatt
Vandevelde - Thompson - Woods/McCormick

Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Claesson
Boroweicki - Wideman/Harpur

Anderson - Condon

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Maybe it is just me, but I'd really like White/Chabot get a chance up with the big club. Especially if they have a good camp.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-White-Burrows
Paul-Thompson-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Ceci
Chabot-Oduya
Claesson-Wideman
Borowiecki

Harpur first call-up on D

Anderson
Condon

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Hoffman-Turris-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Dzingle-White-Ryan
Paul-Thompson-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman
Chabot\Boro-Oduya

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Serious question: Why don't we have a dedicated thread for the MacArthur physical test failure? Is it because no one submitted one?

Kind of a huge deal in Sens land.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Smith-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Dzingel-White-Ryan
Burrows-Thompson-McCormick
Vandeveld/Dido

Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Phaneuf
Oduya-Boroweicki
Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I'm guessing this will be our most frequent line-up for the first 9 games:

Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Burrows - White - Dzingel
Paul - Thompson - Pyatt

Ceci - Phaneuf
Chabot - Oduya
Borowiecki - Claesson

Anderson
Condon

Scratch: Wideman, Didomineco, Brown, Karlsson (inj), Brassard (inj), MacArthur (inj)

D is a bit more iffy... if Wideman ends up playing more than I expect, I feel like it will come at the expense of Chabot. Who knows - maybe they use Boro as the 7 right off the bat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chabot staying up last year was a no-brainer. It was just to give a guy they knew would be ready next year a carrot at the end of the stick. Chabot could have played in the NHL last year (Sens wanted him in the playoffs) and not missed a beat. He's an everyday NHLer starting in October.

Brown on the other hand, in my opinion, should be sent to the OHL before the start of the regular season. He needs time to put together his skill set. Go show the brass how you can tear apart the O, and come to camp next year with something to prove.

Chabot had a fairy tail 18-19 year old development curve and seasons.

Brown has had the opposite in his 18 year old season.

Brown had something to offer the Sens that they have only had in Spezza. I'm not one who preaches taking time with guys, but Brown is a guy we need to motivate and get going. His development would be a gigantic boost to the Sens.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chabot staying up last year was a no-brainer. It was just to give a guy they knew would be ready next year a carrot at the end of the stick. Chabot could have played in the NHL last year (Sens wanted him in the playoffs) and not missed a beat. He's an everyday NHLer starting in October.

Brown on the other hand, in my opinion, should be sent to the OHL before the start of the regular season. He needs time to put together his skill set. Go show the brass how you can tear apart the O, and come to camp next year with something to prove.

Brown had something to offer the Sens that they have only had in Spezza. I'm not one who preaches taking time with guys, but Brown is a guy we need to motivate and get going. His development would be a gigantic boost to the Sens.

I agree but with the injury that are displayed the Brass Mac possibly Paul and Dzingle.. I think keeping Brown could be a wise move for his motivation.

Of course only if he is the next best in line. If he get beat by guy like Perron and other you send him back.

But that's my opinion. Let's see if he can dominate first.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

I think the benefit of having Brown up at the NHL level, even if he doesn't play a game, is having him experience the NHL lifestyle (just like Chabot did). He needs to have a good camp, but I wouldn't mind him at least travelling with the team for a few games.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If Chabot got his 1 game (and couple weeks of NHL pay) as a carrot, Brown gets his to show him what it takes to succeed at the pro level. They did this with Zibanejad, who was just as raw (albeit at 18 not 19, and he was going back to the SHL, a mens league not junior).

I think Brown gets at least a game or two so long as Brassard isn't ready opening night (and, obviously he performs well in training camp). He can't be gifted a 9 or less game stint, but if he earns it, it will help motivate him towards becoming the player he needs to be to succeed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think the benefit of having Brown up at the NHL level, even if he doesn't play a game, is having him experience the NHL lifestyle (just like Chabot did). He needs to have a good camp, but I wouldn't mind him at least travelling with the team for a few games.

I can see that. Spend some time with the trainers.

But, I don't want Brown playing a game....unless he had put on significant muscle this summer (which I doubt with the long Memorial Cup season he just had). It's too easy for long, thin limbs to break playing against men. Logan absolutely needs a full, injury-free season this year to get back on track. Ottawa has to set him up for success this year - physically and mentally.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think keeping up a player to see how the pros operate and live is insanely beneficial even if he doesn't play any games.

Let him hang around, maybe play him in a game or two if injuries necessitate it. But send him down in November and after watching guys like Karlsson and Turris train and play up close I'm sure he will have a new admiration for the dedication and determination required to make it as a pro, and not just as a pro but a star player.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can see that. Spend some time with the trainers.

But, I don't want Brown playing a game....unless he had put on significant muscle this summer (which I doubt with the long Memorial Cup season he just had). It's too easy for long, thin limbs to break playing against men. Logan absolutely needs a full, injury-free season this year to get back on track. Ottawa has to set him up for success this year - physically and mentally.

He's more likely to get hurt playing pre-season against reckless career AHL'rs trying to make a name for themselves than playing a couple NHL games against pros that have already made the cut.

It would be ridiculous to keep him up and not get him into some games. It was bad enough keeping Chabot up but not playing, but at least you can justify that a bit because it's much harder to shelter a Dman, particularly when the whole team is trying to figure out a new system.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
No reason to keep Brown here for the season. We have other guys fighting for that spot.

Brown should play in as many pre-season game as possible, maybe a few regular season game, then be sent back to junior.

thadman

Jul 23, 2015
No reason to keep Brown here for the season. We have other guys fighting for that spot.

Brown should play in as many pre-season game as possible, maybe a few regular season game, then be sent back to junior.

Agreed. He's not ready.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Yep needs the Chabot treatment, up for 9 games or so and then sent down to have a dominant healthy junior season.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Play Brown until Brassard is ready or his 10 games are up, whichever comes first. (assuming he's not a total disaster)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

If he comes into training camp and plays his way onto the team, he should stay.

I find people on this board are extremely conservative about prospects and how quickly they can make the NHL. Maybe it stems from Lazar's development. Ultimately, it wouldn't be out of place for a near top 10 pick to make his NHL team in his +2 draft year.

He didn't have a great year of Junior, but that's in the past. We know what Brown is capable of, so if he comes out strong in training camp, and earns an NHL job we should be willing to put him on the team.

Starting the season, we possibly have Turris, Pageau, Thompson, White at C and then our depth chart gets really murky with guys like McCormick or even Chlapik. (This is assuming Paul+Smith are wingers).

Maybe it won't be Brown who does it, but looking at our forward depth, someone surprising is going to play their way into an NHL spot at the start of the season. Maybe it's Perron or Chlapik instead. I understand Brown is more of a project than some of our other prospects, and I'm not exactly calling him making the team, just saying that I don't think it's as outlandish as some people might think.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Murray was more in favor of bringing young prospects with the big club than Dorion is. Boucher has also shown that he's more of a veteran's coach.

I don't think the mistakes made with Lazar would've happened if these two guys were in charge.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
With MacArthur out indefinitely it sounds like, the Burrows trade suddenly could be really important for Ottawa this year.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With MacArthur out indefinitely it sounds like, the Burrows trade suddenly could be really important for Ottawa this year.

My dark horse for a resurgence, I think he will fit in nicely up and down the lineup for 0.3 to 0.5 ppg and a lot of the dirty work. The key for him will be staying healthy, that's what's hurt him the last few years, well that and Van being a train wreck.

Last edited:

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I hope so when it comes to Burrows. He's not going to provide a replacement for Mac's point totals but if he could provide 70% of them (huge "if") plus throw his opponents off their game, that would be alright with me.

Problem is, he did virtually none of the "throw opponents off their game" stuff once acquired from the Canucks. He's a nice veteran, I guess. But for all his veteran-ish-ness, is he an upgrade over Dzingle or White this year? Likely not. Over Pyatt, maybe. Kind of a low bar.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I hope so when it comes to Burrows. He's not going to provide a replacement for Mac's point totals but if he could provide 70% of them (huge "if") plus throw his opponents off their game, that would be alright with me.

Problem is, he did virtually none of the "throw opponents off their game" stuff once acquired from the Canucks. He's a nice veteran, I guess. But for all his veteran-ish-ness, is he an upgrade over Dzingle or White this year? Likely not. Over Pyatt, maybe. Kind of a low bar.

Burrows like Mac is a good veteran precense for the kids. It's not like he cannot play at both side of the ice and up and down the lineup. He won't be the main guy but a support guy.

It seems is precense already started to be felt because Perron and Gagne trained with him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad