Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't think they did post a source, and was the first I'd heard of it as well.

Wrist surgery was mentioned in an article at the time he signed his extension, but the still can't shoot a puck bit I only saw in a post here.

Just a sec....

Dzingel said he had surgery on his wrist to remove a bone and got back into skating two weeks ago.
source

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So MacArthur most likely LTIRd. Brassard and Dzingel out to start the season.

Hoffman- Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Ryan
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt

could we be looking at a sprinkling of
Paul - White - Chlapik

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Play the kids.

Hoffman- Turris- Burrows
Smith- Pageau- Ryan
Perron- White- Pyatt
Paul- Thompson- McCormick/Rodewald/Chlapik

Claesson-Phaneuf
Harpur- Ceci
Chabot- Wideman

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
So MacArthur most likely LTIRd. Brassard and Dzingel out to start the season.

Hoffman- Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Ryan
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt

could we be looking at a sprinkling of
Paul - White - Chlapik

Play the kids.

Hoffman- Turris- Burrows
Smith- Pageau- Ryan
Perron- White- Pyatt
Paul- Thompson- McCormick/Rodewald/Chlapik

Claesson-Phaneuf
Chabot- Ceci
Harpur- Wideman

This team is going to be horrendous in October.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We have a depth on the left side here ,so i dont see the issue with us and Mac .Brassard is the tricky one ,i have us putting Smith back at center on the 3rd line .

So maybe a line up that features Turris,JGP ,Smith and Thompson down the middle .

With White and maybe Paul helping out in the depth department on the wings and some at center

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
But is that on doctor's orders? Or is he physically unable to?

I don't know, but based off the timeline for other players, it's probably that he's physically unable to shoot right now. Strength/pain/movement. Physical therapy for bone removal wrist surgery ends after about 12 weeks according to the information I've been looking at. So, it could be mid October to November before he's back to being able to use it fully.

From what I've read he had something similar to a Trapeziectomy...which sounds like it really sucks.

EDIT - Just to stress, I don't KNOW anything. It's just me interpreting the things I've read. I hope I'm wrong and Dzingel is ready near the start of the season, because he could be really valuable.

Last edited:

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
To start the season I imagine we're looking at something like:

Burrows-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo-White-Blunden

Oduya-Wideman
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro-Claesson

yikes.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Burrows-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo-White-Blunden

Oduya-Wideman
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro-Claesson

yikes.

Wideman has fallen out of favor with Boucher. Expect Ceci in that #1D spot, also expect Chabot to be part of this team. (Maybe Chabot-Boro 3rd pair?).

Up front someone like Max McCormick will play over Blunden/Dido. Also I think I'm alone in thinking this, but I think Brown gets 9 games and starts the year with us with Brass out

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Dzingel told Ian he is good to start Oct 5
Surgery went good, no more pain, he said it happened the shift after his tying goal in game 7 VS Pittsburgh, and he only played 1 shift after that, and said he couldn't no longer go.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Burrows-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo-White-Blunden

Oduya-Wideman
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro-Claesson

yikes.

White with Hoffman and Pyatt maybe. Sucks for Paul. May open the door for Suter or chlapik

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Dzingel told Ian he is good to start Oct 5

Ian Mendes would be a very reliable source for this. Was it from a radio broadcast?
I hope it's true. It seems crazy that he is going from can't shoot to game ready in just over 3 weeks.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wideman has fallen out of favor with Boucher. Expect Ceci in that #1D spot, also expect Chabot to be part of this team. (Maybe Chabot-Boro 3rd pair?).

Up front someone like Max McCormick will play over Blunden/Dido. Also I think I'm alone in thinking this, but I think Brown gets 9 games and starts the year with us with Brass out

Yep, There's absolutely no way Wideman is playing more than bottom pairing minutes. He might get a big role on our top PP unit with Karlsson gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved before the season starts to get us a bottom 6 forward in a hockey trade.

We'd still have Oduya, Chabot, Phaneuf, Ceci, Boriwecki, Claesson, and Harpur to start the season which is 7 defensemen who all reasonably should be able to play at the NHL level.

I think we'll see Oduya, Ceci, and Phaneuf play heavy minutes with the other 3 or 4 dressed (if we go 11 forwards due to lack of depth) filling in beside Oduya and occasionally beside Ceci or Phaneuf by committee. Maybe Chabot will be great right away and the team can roll with Oduya-Chabot/Phaneuf-Ceci until Karlsson returns.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Burrows-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Hoffman-Thompson-Pyatt
DiDo-White-Blunden

Oduya-Wideman
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro-Claesson

yikes.

No Chabot? I find that really unlikely.

I suspect Brown gets a 9 game look while Brassard gets ready before being sent back to junior.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sorry guys. I though it was commonly known, or else I would have posted corroboration.

Here's a link from recently:

LINK

to show the tweet immediately without having to click a link stick that 18 digit number in between the tweet tags accessible from the tool bar
like [twe_t]907543864038379520[/twe_t]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad