Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Been trying to think of a way to put my thoughts into words this morning. I just don't don't want to root for a team that' this mentally weak. Like they just completely lack the killer instinct you need to finish off a team when you have them on the ropes.

Win or lose on Saturday, you NEED to make changes this core to send a message and try and get some fresh voices in that locker room. Cause it really doesn't seem like this team takes losing personally enough, and that's a problem.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Not sure where I should be posting this? Is winning or loosing Game 7. Better for the Bruins going forward.

Part of me feels It is time to start re-tooling the Bruins is at the very least. This is, what is required for them to be a true contender.

This would start with re-evaluating the organization from management down to the roster.
I fear if they win a playoff round the present path and philosophy will continue.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Not sure where I should be posting this? Is winning or loosing Game 7. Better for the Bruins going forward.

Part of me feels It is time to start re-tooling the Bruins is at the very least. This is, what is required for them to be a true contender.

This would start with re-evaluating the organization from management down to the roster.
I fear if they win a playoff round the present path and philosophy will continue.
If they win, the Bruins can depend on the new core moving forward. If they lose, they won't be able to.

Win = retool
Loss = rebuild

Reactions: bbfan419 and bme44

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Been trying to think of a way to put my thoughts into words this morning. I just don't don't want to root for a team that' this mentally weak. Like they just completely lack the killer instinct you need to finish off a team when you have them on the ropes.

Win or lose on Saturday, you NEED to make changes this core to send a message and try and get some fresh voices in that locker room. Cause it really doesn't seem like this team takes losing personally enough, and that's a problem.
McAvoy + Pastrnak + Lysell to the Avs for Makar + MacKinnon.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
They needed elite centers at the start of the season. They still need elite centers. I have no idea how they got to 109 points with their center core, but at least now it should be blatantly obvious that they aren't a serious team with Zacha and Coyle as their top-2 centers.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Zillah

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
No more screwing around with Merkulov...give the dude a real chance

Out -
Jake
JVR
Lauko
Maroon
Heinen

In -
Merkulov
Poitras
Scoring winger

Out - Grz
Shattenkirk
Forbort

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think Bruins could use those type players but that's not the way to do it.

There is no other way to do it for players of that calibre. Suddenly the core is defined by Tkachuk's that fans would fall in love with. As soon as you start trying to trade three dimes for a quarter (you rationalize it for yourself that you gave .30 for .25) but to the opposing team they can get dimes easier than quarters and want 1 for 1.

If you still believe in this core after game 7, I'm with you. I'm all about finding a 1-2 line C and supporting this core.

Or

They choke again and you start looking at those two like how you looked at Seguin and Thornton. Boston has done it before and Sweeney and co. are at the end of their leash.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
There is no other way to do it for players of that calibre. Suddenly the core is defined by Tkachuk's that fans would fall in love with.
You trade McAvoy for Brady Tkachuk you basically are Ottawa only in Boston.I think McAvoy is a horse on backend and now with Lohrei starting to emerge to run the powerplay in future they are looking good longterm on backend.There has to be other ways to find grit up front that can score

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
McAvoy made a mistake that lost the game but hes still logging close to 30 mins per game as a horse and moving the puck pretty well.

The guys to go who are letting us down are all signed to team friendly deals next year IDK what you do with them. I think part of the problem has been that wee give out NMCs like candy and noone has to actually fear a trade its easy to block them.

Reactions: dangermike

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lindholm is the obvious guy to trade if hes willing to waive you can still get back a good player and Lohrei appears to be ready. Him, Gryz, Forbort, and Ullmark out is close to 20 mil in cap space. Move Zacha too. Plenty of value to get some decent returns tons of cap space and you aren't being moronic like trading Macavoy or Pasternak would be we'd hardly notice any of them were gone.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
in what world would Colorado ever do this
@bbfan419 :naughty:

You trade McAvoy for Brady Tkachuk you basically are Ottawa only in Boston.I think McAvoy is a horse on backend and now with Lohrei starting to emerge to run the powerplay in future they are looking good longterm on backend.There has to be other ways to find grit up front that can score
Id make that trade all day and then use cap space to help replace McAvoy. If the bruins had Tkachuk in their line-up right now, they'd be in Florida.

Two very elite players but Brady brings what the bruins badly needs, someone who can go out and lead the charge offensively. Someone who's not taking any crap because he's just so dam strong and talented. love McAvoy and what he brings just wish he actually had a one -timer from the point. I'd love them both but if I had to choose between the two I'd take Brady moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: capecodder

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Win or lose tomorrow night, I’m not advocating big changes. This was supposed to be a bridge year, so I’m looking at building on, not just subtracting. There’s still plenty of talent here to build around.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad