Line Combos: 2017-2018 Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Free Agency + Draft for trades are coming but what would you guys like to see next season?

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Stalberg - Pageau - White
Dzingel/Burrows - Smith - Pyatt

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Phaneuf - Wideman
Harpur
Boro.

Anderson
Dreidger

Let Condon walk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Free Agency + Draft for trades are coming but what would you guys like to see next season?

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Stalberg - Pageau - White
Dzingel/Burrows - Smith - Pyatt

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Phaneuf - Wideman
Harpur
Boro.

Anderson
Dreidger

Let Condon walk.

The forwards have likely not improved. The defence has lost its best defensive Dman. The goaltending is capable. Result: Bubble team again.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
We're right back where we were 2-3 years ago on paper.

It took us half a decade to assemble a legit top6 dcore and overnight it's once again a glaring weakness.

Methot was one of the most important players on our team, a veteran, a leader and he was literally born and raised in Ottawa.

We aren't going to be able to replace him anytime soon. I'm not happy about this at all. I know it's not fair, but I can't stand the thought of seeing Phaneuf in a Sens jersey this year. Chances are if he had agreed to waive his no move clause Vegas wouldn't have taken either of them and our top4 would still be intact with the most promising bottom pairing we've had in years...

shawnh91

May 1, 2012
We're right back where we were 2-3 years ago on paper.

It took us half a decade to assemble a legit top6 dcore and overnight it's once again a glaring weakness.

Methot was one of the most important players on our team, a veteran, a leader and he was literally born and raised in Ottawa.

We aren't going to be able to replace him anytime soon. I'm not happy about this at all. I know it's not fair, but I can't stand the thought of seeing Phaneuf in a Sens jersey this year. Chances are if he had agreed to waive his no move clause Vegas wouldn't have taken either of them and our top4 would still be intact with the most promising bottom pairing we've had in years...

You're being quite dramatic. Either that or you haven't done your research on Chabot and have the slightest idea just how good he will likely be for us. It's not going to be that far down the road. If you think we are back 2-3 years then I want what you're smoking.

Important? Sure, but not a franchise type player. Veteran? Yup, and also approaching the wrong side of 30. A leader? This team has shown to be led by committee. "literally born and raised in Ottawa?" Who cares lmao.... Fair enough but it's really meaningless lol. Sure, cute story he was born and raised here and was a great dman for us but he is most certainly replaceable. Our greatest franchise player isn't even from Canada. Who cares if he is from Ottawa lmao. I love Methot as much as the next guy but on any other team he is a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman. He was fortunate to have inflated numbers through Karlsson and Karl will do the exact same for the next guy. The future top pair of this team is Chabot and Karlsson. Chabot could make a VERY strong impact on this team as soon as next year.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Stalberg - Pyatt - Burrows
Paul, White

Kulikov - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Chabot - Claesson
Harpur, Wideman, Borowiecki

Anderson
Mrazek/Mason

Contender with a trade deadline acquisition or two.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Off-season

- Trade Ceci for a good young forward on an ELC
- Trade for Jason Demers from FLA (rumour is they're trying to cut salary so maybe Englund and/or 2017 1st)
- Sign Thornton to a 2 year $13M deal

Lineup at the beginning of the year
Hoffman - Thornton - Stone
MacArthur- Turris - Ryan
Dzingel - Brassard - Burrows
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
XXX - Young player from Ceci trade

Demers - Karlsson
Claesson - Phaneuf
Boro - Wideman

Line up at the end of the year going into the playoffs
MacArthur- Turris - Ryan
Dzingel - Brassard - White
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Burrows

Demers - Karlsson
Chabot - Phaneuf
Claesson - Boro/Wideman

EDIT - I should add that the cap hit for this roster is about $72.5M with the salary being slightly less.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think Jaros is going to come into camp and impress. Possible darkhorse IMO. Been playing in the top tier league in Sweden for the last 2 years.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well here's a lineup I made - Cap Hit cap hit of 72 million based on a 75 million cap
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Stalberg (2.5m) -Smith-Burrows
White-Pageau (3.5m)-Dzingel

Brendan Smith (4m)-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Chabot
extra: Boro, Wideman

Goalies:
Anderson
Condon (900k)
(Hammond bought out, 350k penalty)

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Well here's a lineup I made - Cap Hit cap hit of 72 million based on a 75 million cap
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan

Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Chabot

Goalies:
Anderson
Condon (900k)

No chance we get Condon for that price, imo. He'll probably make bank with the season he just had with us. 7th in the league with 5 shutouts and atleast 20 games fewer played than him. Though I agree we'll definitely need another back-up (Dreidger/Hammond...lol).

Maybe if he can't become a starter somewhere else I'd offer him 2-2.5 mill for the next year or two, then we can decide what to do with him when Andy retires. He saved our hides this season and he'd be a great plan B if god forbid Andy misses time again.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No chance we get Condon for that price, imo. He'll probably make bank with the season he just had with us. 7th in the league with 5 shutouts and atleast 20 games fewer played than him. Though I agree we'll definitely need another back-up (Dreidger/Hammond...lol).

Maybe if he can't become a starter somewhere else I'd offer him 2-2.5 mill for the next year or two, then we can decide what to do with him when Andy retires. He saved our hides this season and he'd be a great plan B if god forbid Andy misses time again.

Hmmmm yeah its possible, I just felt the goalie market isn't anything crazy so I thought he would be a backup somewhere again making backup salary. If not him, yeah you could choose to just keep Hammond, Leighton, or McBackup or something. Driedger may not be a horrible choice either. Brendan Smith may get more too, but overall with the 3 mill wiggle room I think I was just trying to ballpark some salaries.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan

Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Chabot

Goalies:
Anderson
Condon (900k)

Give Stalberg .5 less and add that to Condon.
I would try to get Smith for a little less as well say 3-3.5
I think we trade Wideman for a pick/prospect ; recover a few $ and to make room for Harpur/Jaros
Chabot should be on the left side... Move Freddy over

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I would start the season with this assuming Brassard and Karlsson are playing. I would give White Brassard's minutes at the start of the season until he is healthy and then send him for seasoning in Belleville.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Pageau - Ryan
Stalberg - Brass - Dzingel
Burrows - Smith - Pyatt

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman
Boro.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I feel like Condon would be looking for 2M, would give him 1.5M on 2 years.

Not sure he'd take that though, but if he did, I'd agree with the Hammond buyout idea.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Off-season

- Trade Ceci for a good young forward on an ELC
- Trade for Jason Demers from FLA (rumour is they're trying to cut salary so maybe Englund and/or 2017 1st)
- Sign Thornton to a 2 year $13M deal

Lineup at the beginning of the year
MacArthur- Turris - Ryan
Dzingel - Brassard - Burrows
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt

Demers - Karlsson
Claesson - Phaneuf
Boro - Wideman

Line up at the end of the year going into the playoffs
MacArthur- Turris - Ryan
Dzingel - Brassard - White
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Burrows

Demers - Karlsson
Chabot - Phaneuf
Claesson - Boro/Wideman

EDIT - I should add that the cap hit for this roster is about $72.5M with the salary being slightly less.

If we were going to move Ceci for a young forward on an elc, we would have Drouin on the roster.
I don't see anyone else out there who I'd move Ceci out for.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
If we were going to move Ceci for a young forward on an elc, we would have Drouin on the roster.
I don't see anyone else out there who I'd move Ceci out for
The only argument I can make with Drouin is timing. He is now getting paid and having him on the team beyond the two years (Karlsson's new contract) would have really hurt.

In my scenario the only reason you move Ceci is for cap reasons due to the Thornton contract. The Thorton deal doesn't need to happen but this felt like an opportunity because of where he is in his career and our contract situation moving forward. Would he come here? I have no idea but it doesn't hurt to try and he would definitely improve our top 6.

Ideally you move the Burrows contract but is there any chance we could even give that one away? I doubt it. SHAKES FIST!!

In terms of who would we trade for? I would look to teams like Arizona, Calgary, Florida etc. I would just worry that some of these teams are metrics/statistics focused teams and Ceci's are well.....they aren't good.

Last edited:

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Sign FA Dmitry Kulikov
Had a down year with BUF last season and struggled to stay healthy (2g3a 47gp). Still fairly young, can be signed on a cheaper one year "prove yourself" contract (2-3m/1y). lets see what Karlsson can make out of him

OTT: Cody Ceci, CGY 2nd rd pick, Nick Paul
COL: Gabriel Landeskog

Resign: JGP, Dzingel, Stalberg, Pyatt, Condon

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Landeskog - Pageau - Ryan
Stalberg - BrassGod - Burrows
Macarthur - Smith - Dzingel
Pyatt

Kulikov - Karlsson
Claesson - Phaneuf
Boro/Harpur - Wideman
Kevin

Anderson
Condon

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sign FA Dmitry Kulikov
Had a down year with BUF last season and struggled to stay healthy (2g3a 47gp). Still fairly young, can be signed on a cheaper one year "prove yourself" contract (2-3m/1y). lets see what Karlsson can make out of him

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Landeskog - Pageau - Ryan
Stalberg - BrassGod - Burrows
Macarthur - Smith - Dzingel
Pyatt

Kulikov - Karlsson
Claesson - Phaneuf
Boro/Harpur - Wideman
Kevin

Anderson
Condon
I like that team but thats alot of money on LW,I think Lando would be a good fit.But if we were to make a deal like that, we would likely have to move out a one of Hoffman or Macarther.
Which would then allow us to replace Ceci with a much more capable 2nd pairing RHD in Stone

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sign FA Dmitry Kulikov

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Landeskog - Pageau (3.5m) - Ryan
Stalberg (2m) - BrassGod - Burrows
Macarthur - Smith - Dzingel (1.5m)
Pyatt (1m)

Kulikov (2m- decrease from 4.3m) - Karlsson
Claesson - Phaneuf
Boro/Harpur - Wideman
Kevin

Anderson
Condon 1.5m

Well this team is priced out at 74 million of a 75 million dollar cap, and that was using the lowest numbers and with the Hammond buyout. So I think you would need to drop either Stalberg or Pyatt, can't bring back both. Also, under the assumption Kulikov could be had for that pay decrease.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I like that team but thats alot of money on LW,I think Lando would be a good fit.But if we were to make a deal like that we would likely have to move out a one of Hoffman or Macarther.Which would then allow us to replace Ceci with a much more capable 2nd pairing RHD in Stone

Dont have the link, but apparently MacArthur is questionable for the beginning of next season. Somthing aboit his previous concussions. But yes i agree with the second pairing, Chabots really gonna need to prove to us that hes that real deal and gain GBs trust. Prove that the juniors MVP aint no fluke. Stone would be nice but hed come at an expensive price even more than kulikov.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dont have the link, but apparently MacArthur is questionable for the beginning of next season. Somthing aboit his previous concussions. But yes i agree with the second pairing, Chabots really gonna need to prove to us that hes that real deal and gain GBs trust. Prove that the juniors MVP aint no fluke. Stone would be nice but hed come at an expensive price even more than kulikov.
If Mac is gone ,then by all means we can do that.My only real issue would be on the right side,having moved out the teams 2nd best RHD .That would have us either playing one of the LHD on the offside,or us needing to find another RHD .

I mentioned Stone because while his ticket may be high from the start .Ceci is due for raise the following summer.Maybe we can get Stone at around 1 ml a season more than what we would be paying Ceci ,on his next deal.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Karlsson will be just getting ready as the season starts. I would not expect him to be rostered until late October at the earliest. That leaves a hole on the RD and at the No1 spot.

I'd wonder if Ceci is promoted to RD1 for that time, or if Phaneuf steps across to fill it. Either way, it stresses the line up, including who is playing with who.

Claesson - Ceci
Chabot - Phaneuf
Borowiecki - Wideman
Harpur

We need a Stone type of player on the RD, especially with Karlsson out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad