Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The Lightning, alongside us, will be in the top teams in the East. Girardi on their bottom pairing won't hurt them much.

Their D is ridiculous.

Uhh what? Nothing against Hedman and Strallman... but Coburn and Girardi both making 3.7m+... And right now those two are half of their top 4. :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Uhh what? Nothing against Hedman and Strallman... but Coburn and Girardi both making 3.7m+... And right now those two are half of their top 4. :laugh:

Sergachev and Dotchin

Sustr is decent too.

If they removed Coburn they'd be better though. They have good depth at the position.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So weird that no UFA's have been directly linked to us like we're seeing with other teams.

I've seriously go no clue who we'll sign....niemi I guess was the only one.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
at 4 MIL? i think he'll get top 4 mins. don't pay someone 4 MIL to be a bottom pair dman, that defense is weak after Hedman,stralman and Dotchin.

I think the 4 mil figure includes his buyout money. Still, glad Tampa wants him.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
No one knows what the pens are going to do today. Remember, trust in JR. He brought us two CUPS. Not bad for an old washed-out senile GM!!! TRUST in JR.

Threepeat sounds better than back to back though has more of rings to it ;)

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Final prediction- we trade for Eric Staal, sign Brian Campbell, Anti Niemi, and Cullen comes back.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
According to Bob Sharks have a backup plan in Camilleri if Marleau does not re sign.

Maybe Marleau is having a good look around?

I dunno but I'd kill to have that guy as our 3C / 1LW / 2LW at a reasonable price on a 2 year deal. Or even a 3 year deal with the idea you might have to buy out / eat the third year if he slows down a lot (but so what if it means 1-2 more Cups??). He's still quite productive for a guy who is 37. Can skate, score, pass, PK, play any of the above positions when needed, and is a solid faceoff guy, not to mention, who deserves a Cup more than him? How cool would that be?

IMO Marleau is about as perfect a fit as you can find in an uncertain cap situation going forward.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Seguin
Spezza
Janmark
Faksa
Shore
Hanzal

Granted Seguin can play wing and Spezza just turned 34. Janmark makes 700k one year left and then RFA and Faksa is an RFA now.

Wouldn't say no to Shore.

Even if Seguin plays wing that's

Spezza - Hanzal - Shore - Faksa - Janmark?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hedman - Stralman
Girardi - Sergachev/Dotchin
Coburn - Sustr

Is great depth. That bottom four are interchangeable.

I would guess Sergachev plays 9 then is sent to Junior.

3 of those dmen suck(Sustr,Girardi,Coburn). I don't see great depth at all.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If Sergachev can't beat out Girardi (I think Girardi is a RD btw), then yikes..

Sergachev is a kid, I would expect him to beat out a seasoned pro like Girardi but he is a nice player to have for potential call-ups.

Not forgetting Dotchin and Koekkoek

We could do with a prospect pool like that on D.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sergachev and Dotchin

Sustr is decent too.

If they removed Coburn they'd be better though. They have good depth at the position.

Sustr according to TB fans is a #7D for them. Dotchin is appealing... but I don't think he's much other than what Cole was with Letang a few years ago - an NHLer but not a top 4 guy. As for Sergachev... I'd be surprised if he hit the 40 game mark that he needs to hit to wipe the 2nd that MTL owes TB.

BADoglick

Jun 12, 2012
Since Buffalo just moved Foligno and acquired a defenseman, and they have Botteril who presumably would be willing to work with us on something, I was wondering....would a trade like this make sense for both teams?

Girgensons
McCabe

For

Pouliot
Wilson

Wilson had a solid postseason, and was a talented scorer in the AHL. Maybe Botterill still likes his upside. And maybe he's also willing to give Pouliot another chance; the Sabres have more leeway to insert unproven players in their lineup and ride through his down nights than we are.

McCabe started out solid but fell off as the year went on. Maybe they don't see as much potential, but we could use someone more established than Poo but still has upside. Girgensons is someone they may have soured on but could be an answer at 4c.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
This just dawned on me. What about Sissons? If Nashville signs Bones, they will already have Johansen and Jankrok. Maybe we are waiting for that shoe to drop?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
So weird that no UFA's have been directly linked to us like we're seeing with other teams.

I've seriously go no clue who we'll sign....niemi I guess was the only one.

There's 31 teams in the league... only what... 6-8 have had players linked to them? Not really worried about it. Besides... most of the players we'd be kicking tires on would likely be the lower end guys... I don't see McKenzie tweeting about that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad