Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Or you could also trade Kessel in the future for cap space, which makes sense considering what the Penguins strengths are in the organization.

Something Pens fans are going to have to come to terms with is that one day they will wake up and Kessel could be traded out of the blue.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Kruger is not a 3C.

On a lot of teams he is. 14 minutes per game on the Hawks isn't chump change and if you'll insist that he is an ace (and overpaid) 4th line C, then it doesn't change that Vegas will have an easier time dealing one og those others competing for 3C.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kevin McGran @kevin_mcgran 1m1 minute ago
Leafs sign McElhinney and Sparks

Chris Johnston @reporterchris 3s3 seconds ago
Curtis McElhinney's two-year extension with #leafs carries an $850,000 AAV.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The issue with Vegas trading for Kruger is that they'll now have Shipyachov, Eakin, Haula, Karlsson, Kruger, Lindberg and Bellemare as centers on their team. Something has to give there, but I'm putting my money on Eakin if the Penguins are trading for a center from Vegas.

I have to assume the 'Hawks are getting back 1 center in this Kruger deal, with Chicago adding some picks for sure.

You also forgot to mention Tomas Nosek, who is not bad at all, plus their top two picks in the draft (Glass and Suzuki). The depth is impressive at C for the Knights.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I agree. Alzner is a good comparable for Dumoulin.

I think we might be able to get Dumoulin to take a little less than that on a shorter deal. Or the exact same deal.

Alzner was also a UFA when he signed this deal, when Dumoulin is a RFA. That by default means that Dumoulin won't get the same contract.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
The issue with Vegas trading for Kruger is that they'll now have Shipyachov, Eakin, Haula, Karlsson, Kruger, Lindberg and Bellemare as centers on their team. Something has to give there, but I'm putting my money on Eakin if the Penguins are trading for a center from Vegas.

Yeah I'd like Haula, but Eakin definitely seems more likely. I don't really know what I think about Karlsson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have to assume the 'Hawks are getting back 1 center in this Kruger deal, with Chicago adding some picks for sure.

You also forgot to mention Tomas Nosek, who is not bad at all, plus their top two picks in the draft (Glass and Suzuki). The depth is impressive at C for the Knights.

No, from the way it sounds, it's a purely cap dump move. I think they're trading him so they can bring the band back together, guys like Sharp and Campbell.

Yeah I'd like Haula, but Eakin definitely seems more likely. I don't really know what I think about Karlsson.

Karlsson probably isn't good enough to be the 3C here next year if I had to guess. He's a good 4C that you hope develops further. But there are definitely worse options, I wouldn't be mad if JR brought him in to be the 3C. Like I said with Sheahan and Girgensons, it doesn't really matter who the 3C is when you'll have Kessel on your line.

Anything worthwhile here?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If it's Niemi, then Jarry will definitely win that battle in camp.

Which is fine, because Niemi will easily clear waivers and be good for W-B/S.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

I'd rather give them slightly more for Haula.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If it's Niemi, then Jarry will definitely win that battle in camp.

Which is fine, because Niemi will easily clear waivers and be good for W-B/S.

I don't think it's a matter of Jarry winning the battle. They'll want him playing more than he would be in the NHL.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Yep. It's going to be Bring Back the Boring in Dallas.

Their GM seems to work to make their day un-boring though. Allegedly in on Radulov too.

I still say it would be supreme asset management by JR to for instance get Faksa + for Kessel and then sign Radulov for less of a cap-hit than Phil. After all - Dallas apparently are in dire need of a top RW.

Would be funny with Kessel + Hitch though :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad