Salary Cap: 2017-18 Roster Building Thread VI | Contract/FA charts in Post #1 | CAP SET at $75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
am i the only one love seeing our toughest test, TBL get weaker from dumb moves made by their GM? lol Girardi...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pretty much. I'm still skeptical that he'll be allowed to walk, but if it happens, I will be happy.

It's less about Kunitz being on the roster (I think he's fine as a 4th liner getting minimal minutes while playing a physical game), and more about this organization's infatuation with his legend, and the subsequent misuse of the guy by the coaching staff.

Kunitz was so misused, that I'm more looking fwd to him signing with another team, than any trade or signing the Pens make today.

JR had no problem moving on from the media legends the casual fans were tricked into thinking were vital to this team's success... Adams, Glass, Scuds... so I'm hoping he holds true to that philosophy.

All that said, Kunitz had that it factor to step up in big moments. I remember going to war with the board in 2009 over him only having one goal during their cup run and people hated him even then. However, I pointed out tons of little plays and assists he had that were extremely important. Few people knew back then that he was the one that made the beautiful chip off the half boards that sprung Talbot for the cup winner...

That's the stuff I'll always appreciate about him. The underrated plays he made people didn't notice, that were actually huge in retrospect. But it's time for new blood and other guys to get a chance to show what they can do.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
So:
Daley out
Kunitz out
Bonino out
Hainsey out (Toronto acc to Friedmann)

Hanzal to Dallas

Ive no idea whats going to happen here..

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
kunitz was awesome up until the 2014 Olympics. how could anyone complain about him pre 2014?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
am i the only one love seeing our toughest test, TBL get weaker from dumb moves made by their GM? lol Girardi...

The Lightning, alongside us, will be in the top teams in the East. Girardi on their bottom pairing won't hurt them much.

Their D is ridiculous.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
That's the stuff I'll always appreciate about him. The underrated plays he made people didn't notice, that were actually huge in retrospect. But it's time for new blood and other guys to get a chance to show what they can do.

This! Kunitz was one of my favourite players because of those little things and being an absolute pest in front of the net. I've also been critical of him the last couple of years because he isnt the player that he used to be. Used effectively now, he can still contribute ala 3/4th liner but when he keeps getting moved up to the top 2 lines, he just cant play those minutes to the level there.

Still will be forever grateful this year for the ECF game 7 OT winner :yo:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The Lightning, alongside us, will be in the top teams in the East. Girardi on their bottom pairing won't hurt them much.

Their D is ridiculous.

at 4 MIL? i think he'll get top 4 mins. don't pay someone 4 MIL to be a bottom pair dman, that defense is weak after Hedman,stralman and Dotchin.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
No one knows what the pens are going to do today. Remember, trust in JR. He brought us two CUPS. Not bad for an old washed-out senile GM!!! TRUST in JR.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
at 4 MIL? i think he'll get top 4 mins. don't pay someone 4 MIL to be a bottom pair dman, that defense is weak after Hedman,stralman and Dotchin.

Hedman - Stralman
Girardi - Sergachev/Dotchin
Coburn - Sustr

Is great depth. That bottom four are interchangeable.

I would guess Sergachev plays 9 then is sent to Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad