2016 NBA Offseason thread - Free Agency,Trades,Hires,etc

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How do people stay fans of Minny teams. It's bloody depressing and I'm a fan of only one franchise (Twins).

- KG retired
- Vikings look like superbowl contenders? Injure half their offense
- Twins have sucked for the last 5 years
- Wild are decent so far, especially after landing Bruce

KG has barely played the last two years, so to be fair they weren't going to see him play much this year regardless.

Besides, they got to see apex KG.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I'd feel pretty excited as a Wolves fan right now.

GG Vikings fans though.

Meanwhile not a happy camper in Bucks fan land with the Middleton news. Hoping for a big year from Jabari.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
loved KG in minnesota, hated him the second he got to boston and started going after guys half his size. he is the OG "fake tough guy." he's a legend but i have zero respect for the guy

as for wheelchair all i have to say is good riddance

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Very sad that Garnett is done. His personality was completely unnecessary to me, but I loved him as a player.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Tough call...you don't actually feel like you earned it on the one hand, but on the other it's a NBA Championship ring and he was on that team for a lot of years.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
loved KG in minnesota, hated him the second he got to boston and started going after guys half his size. he is the OG "fake tough guy." he's a legend but i have zero respect for the guy

as for wheelchair all i have to say is good riddance

that guy was a jerk in MN too

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Oh please - you guys really think he started his " fake tough guy " act when he started playing for the Celtics. :shakehead

he didn't chirp at euro guards and go after little guys before he got to boston. unless you count the time he talked smack to anthony peeler and kissed peeler's elbow soon after

he became a complete POS the second he joined that team.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
that's pretty naive to believe that once he put on another jersey all of a sudden he went 180. it started in MN

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
that's pretty naive to believe that once he put on another jersey all of a sudden he went 180. it started in MN

clips?

the only time i remember him being a POS in minny was when he tried going after matt freakin bonner

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Just because he doesn't behave like classy Timmy doesn't mean he's a POS.

Are Pierce and Dirk the only ones left that were born in the 70s? I honestly can't name anybody else.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Just because he doesn't behave like classy Timmy doesn't mean he's a POS.

Are Pierce and Dirk the only ones left that were born in the 70s? I honestly can't name anybody else.

going after guys half your size makes you a POS

carter, ginobilli, world peace, brand, terry, birdman, prigioni were all born in the 70s

if you're counting FA's too there's guys like dre miller, pargo, nazr mohammed, ray allen if you consider him active

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Nerlens Noel, like the rest of us, is confused by the make up of the Sixers roster.

Nerlens Noel says Sixers must make a trade, Colangelo says they can wait

Waiting to see if Embiid can stay healthy isn't the worst idea because of his history but I think they should have moved one of the other two out.

Even if they start Simmons at PG (Brett Brown has mentioned that before) that front court still has Saric/Noel/Okafor/Embiid..... like what was the point of drafting Okafor when you already had Noel, nevermind Embiid was still rehabbing at that point (yea 2015 was full of bad news for him but the point remains)

Would have been better off picking Hezonja or trading down & picking Johnson or Winslow.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
clips?

the only time i remember him being a POS in minny was when he tried going after matt freakin bonner

He slapped Duncan in the back of the head while Timmy was trying to pull Robinson away from the argument with Joe Smith. He also pushed Parker which led to him and Duncan being kicked out of the game, though Duncan's was later rescinded.

How many times was he involved in incidents with his own teammates like when he punched that one guy?

Was he worse in Boston than in MN, you bet, but like I said acting like he didn't already have these traits before Boston is being naive.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
who does noel think he is? let him become a GM and then call the shots... until then, zip it and play consistent ball.
Oh come off your high horse. He's just saying what every other person, probably including other players in that locker room, is thinking.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The main thing I took from that Noel article is that Brand is still in the league.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Doc and Pierce are calling the current Clippers a super team as good as the Warriors. :shakehead They've never been past the second round of the playoffs.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Doc and Pierce are calling the current Clippers a super team as good as the Warriors. :shakehead They've never been past the second round of the playoffs.

Oh come off your high horse. They're just saying what every other person, probably including other players in that locker room, is thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad