2016 NBA Offseason thread - Free Agency,Trades,Hires,etc

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
According to ESPN and now San Antonio Express News, Lamarcus Aldridge is on the trading block

Damn

These rumours were around last year as well. The idea was he wasn't happy he wasn't the guy.

Also, the way Jackie Mc talks, she sounds like there is something else going on. She was asked if the Celtics should be thinking about him:

"No. Not after what I heard the other day I don't. Of course, you would take him on if you could because he's an automatic double-double. But there's just some things about him. There is some stuff going on maybe."

linky

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Not sure if true but :

This morning Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
These rumours were around last year as well. The idea was he wasn't happy he wasn't the guy.

Also, the way Jackie Mc talks, she sounds like there is something else going on. She was asked if the Celtics should be thinking about him:

"No. Not after what I heard the other day I don't. Of course, you would take him on if you could because he's an automatic double-double. But there's just some things about him. There is some stuff going on maybe."

linky

I would welcome him playing for the Thunder.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Not sure if true but :

This morning Jason Garrett of Arriosti Sports Therapy shared an interesting story regarding Aldridge on Mike Taylor's radio show. He said Tim and Lamarcus were working out together (doing one on one drills) and Lamarcus was exhausted. LA stopped playing and said something like "Man, I don't know how you do it". Tim said, "If you want to be playing when you're 39, you gotta work. Let's go." LaMarcus said "Nah, I'm done" and walked off the court.

Unless he threw a towel at Timmy or cussed him out, this seems pretty tame.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Marc Stein on the Dragic rumours......

The Miami Heat aren't actively trying to trade ‎point guard Goran Dragic.

We know this because if they were, it wouldn't take the Heat long to find a taker.

Around the league, though, there's a growing sense that Dragic is a name to keep tabs on for those of you (and, yes, we mean everyone) who enjoy the sport unto itself known as NBA Wheeling & Dealing, since Miami is a team rival executives are watching closely.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking ‎on the part of clubs who'd love to pilfer a front-line floor leader, but I've heard this warning more than once this month: Don't be surprised if the Heat decide to make Dragic available if they get off to a slow start with a roster that suddenly no longer features Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh.

Should Miami indeed struggle out of the gate and the whispers prove true that the Heat would be willing to engage in a more drastic rebuild, it's reasonable to assume that they'll be in the market for a first-round pick or two in a theoretical Dragic deal to replace the two they surrendered to acquire him from Phoenix at the 2015 trade deadline.

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4616/miami-not-looking-to-deal-goran-dragic-yet

Say Hey Kid

NY was his town & it always would be
Dec 10, 2007
But multiple Warriors staffers share the opinion that Green is their most important player. Nobody replicates his set of contributions. As one team official puts it: "The guys might be frustrated by his antics, but they had an opportunity to prove themselves without him in Game 5 and they played like a bunch of [cowards]."

The "problem" (if there is one) is that they need him.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
^ probably super different, because if you swap Cousins and Green I really doubt GSW loses last year

Mad Brills*

Yeah. Draymond woke lebron up (same with klay's comments after game 4), but he was the only reason why game 7 was close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->