2016 NBA Offseason thread - Free Agency,Trades,Hires,etc

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Has anyone noticed that the Lakers always wear their home jerseys in the preseason? Even during their lean years, they still get the preferential treatment.

Not that I'm complaining, it's just the reality.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Wade said if the Bulls had been able to trade Deng in 2010, the Big 3 would have gone to the Bulls instead of the Heat.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
MCW is only 25 and two teams have already given up on him.

Bulls are taking this no shooting backcourt stuff to another level. I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
MCW is only 25 and two teams have already given up on him.

Bulls are taking this no shooting backcourt stuff to another level. I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out.

That's what happens when you have a lights out rookie year and your numbers go down every year after. Tho the hype Sixers fans gave him after that ROY season was too much.

Wade said if the Bulls had been able to trade Deng in 2010, the Big 3 would have gone to the Bulls instead of the Heat.

Old news. Wade wanted to go back home & win a title for his hometown team (unlike CB & LBJ, he already had a ring so either way he was OK) and the other two were basically going wherever he went. Plus Rose had yet to sign his max deal.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
According to ESPN and now San Antonio Express News, Lamarcus Aldridge is on the trading block

Damn

It's possible to see the end of the Spurs' run as a winning franchise. But that probably won't happen until Pop retires. A life-long Spurs fan who had just graduated from high school this past spring has never experienced bad basketball. I'd like to see their fan base feel the rebuild mode for once.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
They wanted Ben Mclemore for MCW. Glad Sac declined.
Yeah, forget that. I'll take Ben over MCW any day of the week. I think he can have a more positive impact on the floor.

Now, there's rumours of Collison (expiring contact) and Gay (player option in 17/18) for Dragic. I would be on board with that for sure.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, forget that. I'll take Ben over MCW any day of the week. I think he can have a more positive impact on the floor.

Now, there's rumours of Collison (expiring contact) and Gay (player option in 17/18) for Dragic. I would be on board with that for sure.
Most definitely. Ty Lawson is already missing meetings and flights. Dragic would be a much more stable pg in many ways.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
According to ESPN and now San Antonio Express News, Lamarcus Aldridge is on the trading block

Damn

Just last week one of Zach Lowe's predictions was that Aldridge's name would come up in trade rumours this season. That didn't take long at all.

#9 on his list here: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17734638/30-crazy-predictions-2016-17-nba-season-zach-lowe

I could see the Heat trading Dragic if they're struggling. That would allow them to bottom out more and get a higher pick. It would also give them enough cap space to chase two max players next summer (if Bosh's salary is off the books).

However, that rumoured trade makes little sense. Dragic is a good player and he's signed long-term. I'd be surprised if they traded him for two expiring contracts, one of which is currently suspended because of a domestic violence incident. They shouldn't take on Collison no matter what. They could probably recoup at least one 1st round pick if they move Dragic.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I could see the Heat trading Dragic if they're struggling. That would allow them to bottom out more and get a higher pick. It would also give them enough cap space to chase two max players next summer (if Bosh's salary is off the books).

However, that rumoured trade makes little sense. Dragic is a good player and he's signed long-term. I'd be surprised if they traded him for two expiring contracts, one of which is currently suspended because of a domestic violence incident. They shouldn't take on Collison no matter what. They could probably recoup at least one 1st round pick if they move Dragic.
You don't want to bring in Gay to take Winslow's minutes? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad