2016 NBA Offseason thread - Free Agency,Trades,Hires,etc

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
And I'm telling you he plays nothing like that, and I saw the kid play for years. Of the SFs in the NBA, Durant is the one that makes little if any sense as a comparison. If you want to compare him to a Warrior, Green is the only one that makes sense, Å arić isn't as good defensively, but he plays point forward, he can slash, spot up, crash the boards and be relentless on both ends of the court. He is also an emotional leader and a guy that will go through a wall head first if the coach tells him to, an epitome of a Philly style athlete.

Alright, so that's 1 more PF in Philly then. Jesus.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If I based my opinions on NBA2K17, the T-Wolves would be the 5th best team in the league. ;) :laugh:

Thibs will make a huge difference. He was a great coach in Chicago, but ForPax needed a scapegoat and Roses decline didn't help his case.

Flip Saunders also died right before the season last year, which impacted a lot of the young players as he was a big mentor for them. Plus Towns is going to improve on an unreal rookie year, Wiggins/LaVine are more seasoned and Dunn is the ROY favorite. Not to mention Muhammed/Rubio/Dieng/Pekovic etc

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Thibs will make a huge difference. He was a great coach in Chicago, but ForPax needed a scapegoat and Roses decline didn't help his case.

Flip Saunders also died right before the season last year, which impacted a lot of the young players as he was a big mentor for them. Plus Towns is going to improve on an unreal rookie year, Wiggins/LaVine are more seasoned and Dunn is the ROY favorite. Not to mention Muhammed/Rubio/Dieng/Pekovic etc
I forgot Kris Dunn went 1st overall.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, I don't agree with that one bit. They won't get in the top echelon of teams until they get an upgrade on him.
When you put it like that, of course they need an upgrade. But as the team stands, they're a million times better when he's on the floor than when he's not.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Players vote lmao

Last time that survey was correct was 2008, when they miraculously managed to pick Kevin Durant as ROY. But hey: :shakehead:laugh:

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rubio is a good player and the Wolves are a much better team when he's out there. He just makes things a lot easier for the others when he's running the offense and he's very good defensively. The shooting though, I just can't overlook that part. I like PGs who can shoot and in Rubio's case it's not like he's just a below average shooter, I think he's one of the worst in NBA history based on the numbers. With KAT likely getting a lot of attention inside and Wiggins still developing a consistent outside game, they're going to need all the shooting they can get.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Here's last year's survey where the rookies predicted Okafor AND STANLEY JOHNSON to have the best seasons lmao: http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2015-16-nba-rookie-survey/ (Towns won as the #1 pick)

Here's 2014-15 where they overwhelmingly went with Jabari Parker over Wiggins and Doug McDermott tied with him: http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2014-15-nba-rookie-survey/ (Wiggins won as #1 pick)

2013-14 maybe they were correct? Nah. Though this year was a crapshoot: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/john_schuhmann/08/26/2013-14-nba-rookie-survey/

2012-13? Wrong. 2010-2011? Wrong. 2009-10? Wrong.

But yeah, let's base it off that.

Sweet ninja edit, Wrigley.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Why would Dunn be the favorite? IMO it's Ingram who will get big minutes from day 1.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That doesn't matter. We're talking concencus. Ingram can't be. He wasn't the #1 pick. ;)

Well I'd probably have it:

1. Ingram
2. Simmons
3. Dunn

Ingram and Simmons should see more minutes than Dunn. Dunn has to share minutes while the other 2 will play alot. Especially Ingram.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
When you put it like that, of course they need an upgrade. But as the team stands, they're a million times better when he's on the floor than when he's not.

Because the guy that comes in for him isn't all that good. And I think we are having a misunderstanding, my point was that they can't be a top end team with a PG like Rubio.

Rubio is a good player and the Wolves are a much better team when he's out there. He just makes things a lot easier for the others when he's running the offense and he's very good defensively. The shooting though, I just can't overlook that part. I like PGs who can shoot and in Rubio's case it's not like he's just a below average shooter, I think he's one of the worst in NBA history based on the numbers. With KAT likely getting a lot of attention inside and Wiggins still developing a consistent outside game, they're going to need all the shooting they can get.

My thoughts exactly.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Dunn is the favorite. Whoever is drafted first is the favorite for RotY according to you.
The favourite according to a rookie survey that has been correct once in like 8 years. He's gonna be fighting for minutes with Rubio, whereas Simmons and Ingram will be handed the keys. The first overall pick is pretty much always the consensus favourite, hence why betting odds have it Simmons, Ingram, then Dunn for example.

But you keep thumping the highly credible rookie survey which is so correct all the time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Because the guy that comes in for him isn't all that good. And I think we are having a misunderstanding, my point was that they can't be a top end team with a PG like Rubio.
Yeah I get it. Not sure who they can even get that won't cost big assets, assuming Dunn doesn't become elite in his own right.

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
...The first overall pick is pretty much always the consensus favourite, hence why betting odds have it Simmons, Ingram, then Dunn for example. ...
If you want to base your opinion on draft position and what others such as the odds makers think, that's fine. I think for myself, form my own opinions, and Dunn will be the best rookie. Dunn is a 22 year old man, Simmons has a poor jump shot, and Ingram doesn't have an NBA body. The Canucks will never win a Stanley Cup.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
If you want to base your opinion on draft position and what others such as the odds makers think, that's fine. I think for myself, form my own opinions, and Dunn will be the best rookie. Dunn is a 22 year old man, Simmons has a poor jump shot, and Ingram doesn't have an NBA body. The Canucks will never win a Stanley Cup.
There's a difference between "In my opinion, Dunn will be the best rookie" and "Dunn is the favourite lol @ u for thinking otherwise".

I think I'll avoid talking championships with the Cubs fan. Don't want to upset you.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Where do you guys think Rubio ends up? I don't think he lasts the year in Minny.

Nets are one sneak option since they want to win as many games as possible. But you never know with injuries, a team could lose their starting PG and get desperate fast.

Why would Dunn be the favorite? IMO it's Ingram who will get big minutes from day 1.

He will end up replacing Rubio in the starting lineup by Christmas and being on the floor with Towns/Wiggins/LaVine will really help his numbers.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Where do you guys think Rubio ends up? I don't think he lasts the year in Minny.

Right now nothing concerning the Timberwolves is set in stone. We just have to wait and see how Thibs handles the team, maybe he sees what Rubio might do for his defence (as of now he is still the only competent defender on the team) and decides to keep him, maybe Dunn really shines and replaces him in the course of the season but I actually think thats unlikely. Say what you will about Dunn but right now he has very similar strenghts (defence and playmaking) and weaknesses (shooting) as Rubio. So of course anything can happen but I wont make any predictions before I see how Thibs runs the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad