Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
tbh i might try to acquire Duchene so that maybe we can later flip Hoffman if he doesnt enter a new gear.

Hoffman is one of the best scorers in the game but he can be easily isolated, hence he isn't a sure first 1st liner and is sometimes on 3rd line.

Duchene becomes our insurance option on LW

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
tbh i might try to acquire Duchene so that maybe we can later flip Hoffman if he doesnt enter a new gear.

Hoffman is one of the best scorers in the game but he can be easily isolated, hence he isn't a sure first 1st liner and is sometimes on 3rd line.

Duchene becomes our insurance option on LW

Seems counter productive if we acquire Duchene and then flip Hoffman.

Stone-Duchene-Turris-Hoffman can be an excellent top 4 forwards. Add Karlsson in the mix and it's contender worthy.

I wouldn't mess with that if Dorion manages to make it happen.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Seems counter productive if we acquire Duchene and then flip Hoffman.

Stone-Duchene-Turris-Hoffman can be an excellent top 4 forwards. Add Karlsson in the mix and it's contender worthy.

I wouldn't mess with that if Dorion manages to make it happen.

obviously not right away, we keep them all and see how we do but if we falter then we move Hoffman(if he doesn't improve) since we have a stronger, better all-around option in Duchene.

But look at the top 4 u mentioned again, 3 of the 4 are not overly strong at all.

Stone

Duchene

Turris/Hoffman

that is one of the reasons MTL has been **** for so long lol

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
obviously not right away, we keep them all and see how we do but if we falter then we move Hoffman(if he doesn't improve) since we have a stronger, better all-around option in Duchene.

But look at the top 4 u mentioned again, 3 of the 4 are not overly strong at all.

Stone

Duchene

Turris/Hoffman

In that scenario, if Stone and Duchene could put up 65 points, Turris and Hoffman with 50-55, and Brassard/Ryan with 40-50, along with EK at 70-85, that's a pretty strong offensive core.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hoffman is a pretty consistent 30ish goal scorer at this point. Not sure why he has to improve. Trading him because he doesn't improve from being a 30 goal scorer would be asinine.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Hoffman is a pretty consistent 30ish goal scorer at this point. Not sure why he has to improve. Trading him because he doesn't improve from being a 30 goal scorer would be asinine.

Please just hold your horses. He never scored 30. This season he is on pace of lowest scoring year in his NHL carear. He hase only one thing to show on the ice, which is hard shot. Hard but very innacurate. One Ryan like finger injury and he is done. If someone gives Dorion something significant for him, take it and run.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Please just hold your horses. He never scored 30. This season he is on pace of lowest scoring year in his NHL carear. He hase only one thing to show on the ice, which is hard shot. Hard but very innacurate. One Ryan like finger injury and he is done. If someone gives Dorion something significant for him, take it and run.

27 and 29, close enough to be called a 30-goaler.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
27 and 29, close enough to be called a 30-goaler.

no a 30 goal scorer is a guy that has scored 30 goals. A consistent 30 goal scorer is someone that has done it multiple times. Hoffman has done neither.

IMO Hoffman is not a player you can win with. He can shoot and he can score but he doesn't do much else often enough to be anything more than a soft one dimensional player. Hard to move one of your top goal scorers but in Hoffnan's case I'd make an exception

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Cmon man, everyone on the team has had their scoring go down since Boucher came in. Not really fair to just single out Hoffman for the result of a new system.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
no a 30 goal scorer is a guy that has scored 30 goals. A consistent 30 goal scorer is someone that has done it multiple times. Hoffman has done neither.

IMO Hoffman is not a player you can win with. He can shoot and he can score but he doesn't do much else often enough to be anything more than a soft one dimensional player. Hard to move one of your top goal scorers but in Hoffnan's case I'd make an exception

Hoffman is a poor man's Kessel. I agree very one dimensional. I don't know why Bouchers putting him on a checking line. Put him up with our playmakers

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

His paces over the years;

2014-15: 28 goals and 50 pts per 82 games
2015-16: 30.5 goals and 62 pts per 82 games
2016-17: 30 goals and 61.5 pts per 82 games.

Yep, his pace is sooo bad this year compared to before.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I said 30ish, and he's clearly demonstrated to be that. Scoring goals is hard, you don't trade away one of the better goal scorer in the league because you want him to score more.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Ok whatever. Turn one of his 30 assists in 2015 to a goal, boom 30 goals. Poster even said ish. Not worth arguing about.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Stone

Duchene

Turris/Hoffman

Nah, the main reason is because they had no offensive depth.

When they reached the ECF they had Pacioretty, and... *crickets*... Their top scorer that year was Patches with 60 points LOL. 2nd was Subban with 53 points. We are a far cry from that.

Now they have Pacioretty, Radulov and an inconsistent Galchenyuk (who seems like a better version of Zbad).

This is ridiculous and full of fallacy.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
I said 30ish, and he's clearly demonstrated to be that. Scoring goals is hard, you don't trade away one of the better goal scorer in the league because you want him to score more.

Now you go even deeper. One of the best scorers in the league ?
I really hope our GM dont overvalue players like you do, or we done for decade. Artemi Panarin is one of the best. I would trade Hoffman not cause i want him to score more, but cause i want better player.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
For someone who has never actually scored 30 goals - I've never seen the number 30 thrown around so much.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
In that scenario, if Stone and Duchene could put up 65 points, Turris and Hoffman with 50-55, and Brassard/Ryan with 40-50, along with EK at 70-85, that's a pretty strong offensive core.

Don't forget Chabot.

The reason why we may overcome the lack of number 1 C is because of EK's generational offense. And that could very well improve with Chabot dominating from 2nd pairing too.

What is the obsession with Hanzal?

Sure he's a big body but what does he actually do that everyone wants him so badly?

He's not a point producer.

We are 30th in TOI possession in offensive zone. Hanzal is a great possession player. He is also great in all 3 zones and is a solid playmaker. He also is very good vs physical and big teams. He is like Pageau but bigger and more skilled, imo. The only knock is his injury problems or else id be advocating to get him constantly.

30 goal but quite one-dimensional. Not a great playmaker, puck possession player, 2 way guy, or a guy who can hold his own physically. Hoffman has to be one more of the latter in order for him to be a constant top line threat. If he just has his speed and 30 goals, then we might as well cash in big time and acquire an all-around 25 goal big 2 way guy.

The games that Hoffman is unstoppable in, he isn't just a great scorer, he is an excellent puck possession guy too. He has a great ability to hold onto the puck. I always thought that if he was consistent in that part of his game, he'd start scoring 70 points and 35 goals. He plays like Patty Kane when he's on but those moments are far and in-between the norm. IMO i attribute that to lack of NHL experience and confidence. He's been in the NHL for some time now so if he still falters to reach that new height in another season or 2, id actually consider trading him, especially if we have Duchene.

Hoffman is a poor man's Kessel. I agree very one dimensional. I don't know why Bouchers putting him on a checking line. Put him up with our playmakers

Because he and our playmakers are not strong puck possessionally, or strong physically, so if one player gets shut down the whole line struggles.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

I feel like hoffman has rounded out his game a bit more this season i also disagree that the only thing he has is his shot. Hes dynamic and brings a element of pure skill that none of our other forwards have. I would bet hoffman has created more chances by himself than any other forward besides stone. He doesnt play like anyone else on the team. He's selfish and above all wants to score goals. You need a bit of that

Hoffman is a tool that add another dimension to our team. Some teams might have dmen that keep up with every other player on our team but hoffman burns them. His talent is unique and gives us advantages against some teams

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad