Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman is a pretty consistent 30ish goal scorer at this point. Not sure why he has to improve. Trading him because he doesn't improve from being a 30 goal scorer would be asinine.

Agreed we need his production. His overall game has improved again this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Please just hold your horses. He never scored 30. This season he is on pace of lowest scoring year in his NHL carear. He hase only one thing to show on the ice, which is hard shot. Hard but very innacurate. One Ryan like finger injury and he is done. If someone gives Dorion something significant for him, take it and run.

Hoffman is a good player. I am glad we have him , and his unreal release.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
For someone with the best shot, hands, and speed of any other forward on the team- I've never seen so much hate.

Best shot - Well Ok
Best hands - this is funny, cause Ryan and Stone are miles ahead of him.
Speed - Dzingel is much faster. And i think Pyatt beats him aswell.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman is very valuable.

If you are looking at Hoffman individually, then he is flat out a first line player.

But if you look at Hoffman in the context of the Senators... you need a bit more from him. If we had big 2 way forwards then Hoffman wouldnt even be in these talks.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ok whatever. Turn one of his 30 assists in 2015 to a goal, boom 30 goals. Poster even said ish. Not worth arguing about.

I wasn't responding to a poster that said 30 ish. I replied to you and 27 and 29 doesn't make you a 30 goal guy. it's a milestone that you hit when you hit it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What do you guys think Melnyk will say if the Sens miss the playoffs again?

1. MacArthur even though he wasn't available all last year either.
2. Untimely injuries.
3. Trade asking prices too high, not willing to give up future superstars
4. Not having our #1 Goalie for a long stretch

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I would not be worried at all.

He's a UFA in 2.25 and only has 29 playoff games to his name.

Maybe EK does not care about his legacy... but to go down as one of the best ever he needs to go on some cup runs

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I think he would be ok with that as you can build around Chabot and White maybe as soon as next year but you trade one of both and that is when he might be upset.

Does anyone else think that we're maybe overvaluing these two mid first round picks?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
He's a UFA in 2.25 and only has 29 playoff games to his name.

Maybe EK does not care about his legacy... but to go down as one of the best ever he needs to go on some cup runs

Sure but in 2 years is when many have made the claim will be Ottawa time with White/Chabot/Brown etc really having a year under there belt ready to truly compete.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I wasn't responding to a poster that said 30 ish. I replied to you and 27 and 29 doesn't make you a 30 goal guy. it's a milestone that you hit when you hit it.

Sure, but it's close enough that you can associate the threat of a 30 goal scorer with Hoffman.

Wonder what all the talk with Hoffman in the trades suddenly is about, he's rounded out his game this season and has shown play making skills as well. He's by no means perfect or a Mark Stone, but not as one-dimensional as some believe.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Sure but in 2 years is when many have made the claim will be Ottawa time with White/Chabot/Brown etc really having a year under there belt ready to truly compete.

Well the team better hope so... it be a decade of EK by then without much to show for it

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Does anyone else think that we're maybe overvaluing these two mid first round picks?

Yes.

What I'm feeling is White is Patrice Bergeron 2.0 and Chabot is like Canadian Karlsson.

Realistically, I see White like Mike Fisher and Chabot like Kevin Shattenkirk. They have higher ceilings than either of those two however.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
For someone with the best shot, hands, and speed of any other forward on the team- I've never seen so much hate.

There's been a handful of negative comments about Hoffman all year long and you've never seen so much hate?

Lazar has been **** on repeatedly. Ceci and Borowiecki are getting a ton of hate.

But I guess you people wouldn't see it that way. He hasn't scored 30. It's a fact. He likely never will without significant changes in the rules.

What is this now? No facts allowed because they're too negative. Only alternative facts about Hoffman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad