Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Aha, random main board poster called the Bishop to LA trade 30 minutes before the main media guys did. Based on his friend being the guy that booked Bishops flight to Minny.

I saw that. Pretty cool. He said he wasn't lying. Flight booked and paid for by LA

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
So I read on here some speculation on White perhaps not signing. Staying in Boston College until he graduates and going UFA. Watching the Rangers game it occurs to me that they have a couple Bostonians on the team who made similar moves, in Hayes and Vesey.

So what would you guys think about a move for Nash, allways in talks as needing to be moved for cap space, to support our damaged top 6, maybe for White, +1st + Lazar

We are supposedly willing to spend, this would be spending. If it's too much we could package MaCarthur in and get off the hook for the rest of his contract and Rangers LTIR him out.

I honestly think the Rangers don't want to move Nash and buy out a defenseman instead but could we get them to bite?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
So I read on here some speculation on White perhaps not signing. Staying in Boston College until he graduates and going UFA. Watching the Rangers game it occurs to me that they have a couple Bostonians on the team who made similar moves, in Hayes and Vesey.

So what would you guys think about a move for Nash, allways in talks as needing to be moved for cap space, to support our damaged top 6, maybe for White, +1st + Lazar

We are supposedly willing to spend, this would be spending. If it's too much we could package MaCarthur in and get off the hook for the rest of his contract and Rangers LTIR him out.

I honestly think the Rangers don't want to move Nash and buy out a defenseman instead but could we get them to bite?

If thats the price for Nash, I'd rather throw in Ceci to get Duchene. The younger, cheaper and better player.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Meh who cares about the price. It's a pick from each draft for the next three years. Minnesota drafts well. Theybwill have other picks and other drafts. Grand scheme? Small price

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
It's Hanzal to Minnesota for a 1st, 2nd, conditional 2nd

God I'm glad we didn't pay that lol

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
I think Duchene is a great talent, but I don't think he fixes our issues. He's a boost over Brass and Turris but still soft and we need a battler with size and skill. Stone and Smith are the only players on our roster who do that. Nash is older but plays in that style.

I see us getting killed in the playoffs if we manage to survive that far with current injuries. And I don't see Duchene changing that. I take Landeskog over him at the same price tbh. Not because he's a better player, but because he's whats missing on our team. We have soft skill players in abundance.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think Duchene is a great talent, but I don't think he fixes our issues. He's a boost over Brass and Turris but still soft and we need a battler with size and skill. Stone and Smith are the only players on our roster who do that. Nash is older but plays in that style.

I see us getting killed in the playoffs if we manage to survive that far with current injuries. And I don't see Duchene changing that. I take Landeskog over him at the same price tbh. Not because he's a better player, but because he's whats missing on our team. We have soft skill players in abundance.

I'd be fine with another skilled center but it has to be better than Duchene... and it's unlikely that player would be available.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Landeskog to the Sens would be awesome and subtle imo.

There seems to be less talk about him.

Landeskog-Turris-Dzingel
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Ryan

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's Hanzal to Minnesota for a 1st, 2nd, conditional 2nd

God I'm glad we didn't pay that lol

That's literally nothing for a team like Minny, if we were in their position I'd have easily paid that much, and more if needed.

26th in an extremely weak draft + ~56th overall in 2018 is nothing for the best 3rd line center in the league. The best shutdown center, IMO, in the league.

The Sens shouldn't have been in on him because we aren't in a position to contend and give away any draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad