Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I don't think he is that type of player. He found his spot on a bad team and is benefiting. The exact type of player who gets lost in a new system with only a month left in the season.

Absolutely. Where would Patrick Eaves fit here? Is his productivity this year a result of good luck or has he really improved to the point where he is an offensive threat?

I am all for an improvement to our bottom six but not at the price that Eaves would command. There have been many players that have passed through waivers already this year that would improve our bottom 6

I say this, if we can't make a huge deal for a top-6 impact forward, then Dorion shouldn't do anything. Even Lazar, as much as he hasn't been good at all this year, the playoffs could be just the spot for a young, gritty forward to make an impact. No need to trade him right now either his value is way too low.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
Dunno if I heard this correctly, but the Sens were out attempted 36-6 at 5v5 last night, 16-1 when Ceci was on the ice?

Geez did Boucher park the bus much?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Dunno if I heard this correctly, but the Sens were out attempted 36-6 at 5v5 last night, 16-1 when Ceci was on the ice?

Where did you hear/see that?

36 chances on 30 sog seems weird .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

So... what exactly are you proposing?

I mean, aside from the fact those numbers don't seem to be accurate (it was 64-34 Corsi attempts, and 30-16 Scoring chances, and 34-6 corsi events 4-2 scoring chances events with Ceci on) they don't seem to be part of a proposal.

In the end, I'm pretty sure last nights game shouldn't be used to judge this team's needs in terms of trades, as we were missing an entire top 6 line with Ryan, Hoffman, and Stone all out and were barely playing the 4th line at all.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
A Smith-Pageau-Eaves 3rd line would be pretty nice. But I have a feeling someone is going to over pay for Eaves, and will regret it..

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not sure what talking about NJ's scoring chances last night have to do with trade proposals...

Back to trade talk! I think at this point we can add a few teams to the "sellers" category. Finally there might be teams and players we can talk about that are not Colorado and Duchene/Landeskog.

I think we can add Vancouver, Carolina, Dallas, and New Jersey to the sellers category.

Teams that may join that list soon (I think) are Detroit, Philly, Buffalo and Winnipeg.

Any players from those teams that tickle your fancy?

Dream world for me would be Skinner, but Carolina fans would likely tell most people asking about him to GTFO.

I'd prefer Sharp to Eaves if the Sens are looking at Dallas.

I hope Dorion calls Vancouver. Their GM is a doofus. Might be able to snag a player on the cheap!

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I think cheap rental is the way to go with the expansion draft coming up. A big move would be more suited to the offseason.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
So... what exactly are you proposing?

I mean, aside from the fact those numbers don't seem to be accurate (it was 64-34 Corsi attempts, and 30-16 Scoring chances, and 34-6 corsi events 4-2 scoring chances events with Ceci on) they don't seem to be part of a proposal.

In the end, I'm pretty sure last nights game shouldn't be used to judge this team's needs in terms of trades, as we were missing an entire top 6 line with Ryan, Hoffman, and Stone all out and were barely playing the 4th line at all.

Yeah I'm just stating Boucher parked the bus, I'll give that one to score-effects and coaching. This team needs a top 6 forward to replace Ryan and a top 4 D to slot Ceci into the bottom pairing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure what talking about NJ's scoring chances last night have to do with trade proposals...

Back to trade talk! I think at this point we can add a few teams to the "sellers" category. Finally there might be teams and players we can talk about that are not Colorado and Duchene/Landeskog.

I think we can add Vancouver, Carolina, Dallas, and New Jersey to the sellers category.

Teams that may join that list soon (I think) are Detroit, Philly, Buffalo and Winnipeg.

Any players from those teams that tickle your fancy?

Dream world for me would be Skinner, but Carolina fans would likely tell most people asking about him to GTFO.

I'd prefer Sharp to Eaves if the Sens are looking at Dallas.

I hope Dorion calls Vancouver. Their GM is a doofus. Might be able to snag a player on the cheap!

My guess is Skinner would cost one of White or Brown, plus some additional incentive for them to bother with making the move.

If we were to acquire Skinner without giving up a roster player, we could have some pretty nice lines;

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Skinner-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Dzingel-Lazar/Kelly-Wingels

Or,

Hoffman-Turris-Dzingel
Skinner-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Pyatt-Lazar/Kelly-Wingels

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I always liked Skinner, great player. I'd give Brown and a 1st for him and I'm pretty sure it might not be enough. That being said I want no part of Eaves and I'll be really disappointed if we get him. The guy shows up out of nowhere this season and it's the first time in nearly 10 years IIRC that he gets over 20 goals. That just screams to me that he will absolutely be trash here when he's not getting the opportunities he has in Dallas. As for Sharp, I read he's pretty banged up this year and I'd pass. I'd really try Hanzal and Duclair but the advanced stat guru must be asking a lot. Too bad we don't have Wiercioch anymore

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
The do anything to make the playoffs at the trade deadline quote from Melnyk is slightly terrifying considering we have a rookie GM and a nutjob owner.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My realistic wishlist right now is:

1. Partick Berglund
2. Jannick Hansen
3. Alex Burrows
4. Radim Vrbata
5. Thomas Vanek
6. Patrick Eaves

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Carolina isnt a seller. Dont know why that would be brought up

They are last in the conference, and while that certainly doesn`t mean they are looking to move top guys like Skinner, guys like Stalberg, Stepniak, McClemment and Hainsey could be available. They certainly won`t be buying to push for a playoff spot anyways. They either stand pat, or off-load UFA and soon to be UFA.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
With the number of forwards Tampa and Detroit have to protect I'd be calling about the availability of guys like Tatar and Palat. Tatar might be a nice guy to pick up as he's having a mediocre season and is restricted after the season.

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
Personally I'd like Hansen on this team. Problem is the expansion draft. Right now let's say we protect: Smith, Pageau, Dzingel, Stone, Hoffman, Brassard, Turris, Wideman, Ceci, Karlsson. That'd leave Methot, Lazar, Borowiecki, Hammond, Claesson, Ryan, Pyatt, Kelly, Neil, Wingles and MacArthur exposed. Vegas takes Methot and we replace him with Chabot.

If we trade assets for Hansen Vancouver would want more because he's not a UFA but we could just lose him to expansion.

All that to say, Dorion is likely only looking at pure rentals. Leaving Burrows, Vrbata and Berglund as the best options IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad