Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Per garrioch they're looking at rentals to help out.

If rentals cost us top picks I'm skeptical. They'd have to modify their game (potentially) to fit Boucher's system. That buy-in could be difficult for someone like a Sharp for a couple of months only.

If we are going to spend high picks (remember our second last year was Dahlen) then we'd best be getting a longer term return (Duchene level) who we can work with.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Worst case is they deal him for a 1st in 2018 or 2019 and a prospect... gain 6.0 in cap space to play with

He's still under contract for another two years

If the Avs refuse Ceci/White and a 1st round now and end up just getting a 1st round pick can't see many fans being that happy.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
If the Avs refuse Ceci/White and a 1st round now and end up just getting a 1st round pick can't see many fans being that happy.

I can't see many Avs fans being happy with White/Ceci and a 1st... all three is solid but 2/3 assets is meh for them

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wouldn't it be a bit funny if in a scouts first year as GM, he leaves the scouting staff with almost no picks at the draft?

Not complaining, but it is a bit funny considering Dorion's past.

We probably have to move a 3rd to get a decent rental. Leaves us with our 1st+4th+6th. Maybe if we go after a rental, the other team throws us a bone and gives us their 7th in the deal so our scouts have something to do on draft day.

By decent rental, I'm talking about the Parenteau's of the world, not the Hanzal's, obviously if we go for a big dawg it is gonna cost us our 1st+.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Sometimes the best trade is the ones you don't make

Agree.

As excited as I am about the prospect of Duchene in Ottawa I know it's not the smartest move. The best teams are the ones that have stockpiled picks and young talent.

If we're at White, Ceci, 1st for Duchene, I wonder if we could add Lazar (+) to get Barrie or something. Or maybe facilitate a cap dump of some sort (Sodeberg).

I just hope we don't trade Chlapik, Dahlen or Hogberg.

NNYSens

Aug 28, 2014
I think everyone is under estimating Ceci's most valuable attribute to the team, that is being Mark Stone's bestie.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think everyone is under estimating Ceci's most valuable attribute to the team, that is being Mark Stone's bestie.

This team excels in ripping best friends apart. It is one of the things this management team is most efficient at.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Wouldn't it be a bit funny if in a scouts first year as GM, he leaves the scouting staff with almost no picks at the draft?

Not complaining, but it is a bit funny considering Dorion's past.

We probably have to move a 3rd to get a decent rental. Leaves us with our 1st+4th+6th. Maybe if we go after a rental, the other team throws us a bone and gives us their 7th in the deal so our scouts have something to do on draft day.

By decent rental, I'm talking about the Parenteau's of the world, not the Hanzal's, obviously if we go for a big dawg it is gonna cost us our 1st+.

Lazar and a 4th for PA would be perfect then maybe a 1st/Paul and another prospect for Sharp.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Would you not keep him as the Centre and move Brassard to the Wing?

Dzingel - Duchene - Hoffman (that's a fast group)
Brassard - Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Ryan
Pyatt - Kelly - Wingels
Neil, Lazar

I would rather move Brassard in the deal to get Duchene.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Really hoping we don't give up a 1st + prospect for a guy like Hanzal, at that point we should bite the bullet on Duchene. Like many others have said, we are most likely going to lose someone in our top 4 D anyway, id rather get some value back for one of them.

Now something like a late pick for PA would be fine.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Per garrioch they're looking at rentals to help out.

If that's the route we're taking...I'm thinking we land Drew Stafford for a mid-late pick next year, as well as a cheap depth defenseman from a non playoff team.

Maybe something like Gagne+ a 5th in 2018 for Postma and Stafford from the Jets.

Cheap, doesn't mortgage the future, and gives us good depth heading into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm also assuming a Stafford, Parenteau, Vrbata (may cost too much), Burrows, Hudler is what we'll be going for.

Highly doubt Dorion does anything significant.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'm also assuming a Stafford, Parenteau, Vrbata (may cost too much), Burrows, Hudler is what we'll be going for.

Highly doubt Dorion does anything significant.

Stafford and Parenteau would not cost much at all.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Nobody expected Dorion to acquire Brassard.

We'll see if he has another surprise in store for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad