2015 IIHF World Championship: May 1-17 in Czech Republic (Eichel, Ennis)

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
This one looks over. The Russians are charging hard now, and the US isn't going to slip three past the Bob. He made some stellar saves for Russia in the second when they were being outplayed, and the game really turned at that point. Good tournament from a young US club.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Eichel looks better today. Still off his PP unit I noticed. Arcobello still in his place.

This is the second straight game you have imagined a benching of Eichel on the PP.

Eichel's line was on for the shift that drew that penalty, thus the 2nd PP unit started.

On that PP, the Americans held the puck in for over a minute before the Russians finally cleared. After the clearing the U.S. transitioned quickly back up the ice and Arcobello never came off the ice. Arcobello was on the ice for the entire PP due to circumstances beyond the coaching staff's or Eichel's control.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
All of the U.S. players who stayed home out of laziness should be ashamed of themselves.

Is there anything odd going on with USA hockey? Is this part of the repercussions of leaving Bobby Ryan and Jack Johnson off the Olympic team despite them being 2 of the players who would always play in the worlds? It seems clear Ryan is still miffed anyway.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This is a GREAT learning and eye opening experience for Eichel. It's only going to make him more prepared come September.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This is the second straight game you have imagined a benching of Eichel on the PP.

Eichel's line was on for the shift that drew that penalty, thus the 2nd PP unit started.

On that PP, the Americans held the puck in for over a minute before the Russians finally cleared. After the clearing the U.S. transitioned quickly back up the ice and Arcobello never came off the ice. Arcobello was on the ice for the entire PP due to circumstances beyond the coaching staff's or Eichel's control.

I haven't imagined anything. Nelson and Lewis are Eichel's ES and PP line mates. They played their regular PP shifts with Arcobello at center instead of Eichel. Weird how last game his wingers were able to play on the PP but Eichel wasn't. He must have been extra tired.

Nor do I understand why a simple observation has you so upset.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I haven't imagined anything. Nelson and Lewis are Eichel's ES and PP line mates. They played their regular PP shifts with Arcobello at center instead of Eichel. Weird how last game the wingers were able to play on the PP but Eichel wasn't. He must have been extra tired.

Arcobello started the PP without Lewis or Nelson. He was the only player that didn't come off the ice when the U.S. transitioned quickly back up the ice after a clear. That was due to circumstance. It had zero to do with Eichel.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Arcobello started the PP without Lewis or Nelson. He was the only player that didn't come off the ice when the U.S. transitioned quickly back up the ice after a clear. That was due to circumstance. It had zero to do with Eichel.

That was one of a couple PP's Eichel did not participate in over the last two games.

Which is not a big deal but pointing it out seems to have you quite bent out of shape.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Which is not a big deal but pointing it out seems to have you quite bent out of shape.

I have no clue why you are saying I am "upset" or "bent out of shape." I am sitting here chill watching baseball. I am just correcting the record.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I have no clue why you are saying I am "upset" or "bent out of shape." I am sitting here chill watching baseball. I am just correcting the record.

The record :laugh:

You claim when he sat last game its because his line was just on. But his line mates went out and took their regular PP shift. So why didn't they get a break? I guess Eichel must have been super duper tired then.

The record states he didn't play on the PP the last few PP the US got but his line mates did. By any normal definition thats called sitting.

Your excuse making for him seems unnecessary.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
The record :laugh:

You claim when he sat last game its because his line was just on. But his line mates went out and took their regular PP shift. So why didn't they get a break? I guess Eichel must have been super duper tired then.

The record states he didn't play on the PP the last few PP the US got but his line mates did. By any normal definition thats called sitting.

What "few PP"? I only saw 2. One in each of the last 2 games where he wasn't out with Lewis and Nelson.

In the game against the Swiss, Eichel drew the penalty that caused the PP as he was tripped awkwardly at the blueline. Lewis and Nelson stayed out. Eichel may have hurt his hip a bit the way he got up or he may have been benched, but it would have made no sense. He just set up Nelson for a partial breakaway and on the previous PP he was dangerous.

I think I have clearly stated what happened today already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad