2015 IIHF World Championship: May 1-17 in Czech Republic (Eichel, Ennis)

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Yeah I would expect both of the 2015 picks to play for Canada and USA respectively once their seasons are over completely.

Ennis might get an invite for Canada? I would be surprised if he didn't. Ristolainen on Finland's back end, etc.

It all depends if they want to play too. I would expect most of the Sabres who DO get invited would go.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Possible invitees, from my POV:

Canada -- Ennis
USA -- Bogosian
Finland -- Ristolainen
Latvia -- Girgensons (if healthy)

These guys COULD be invited, depending on how set the teams are at their positions

Russia -- Zadorov
Sweden -- Lindback (I could see it, I don't think any notable Swedish NHL goalies are missing the playoffs), Larsson

I'd think that's about it.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
It would be great to get another matchup in the international spotlight again.

I think we have a few weeks though before it starts so maybe the thread should be redone then...

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Possible invitees, from my POV:

Canada -- Ennis
USA -- Bogosian
Finland -- Ristolainen
Latvia -- Girgensons (if healthy)

These guys COULD be invited, depending on how set the teams are at their positions

Russia -- Zadorov
Sweden -- Lindback (I could see it, I don't think any notable Swedish NHL goalies are missing the playoffs), Larsson

I'd think that's about it.

Uh... Enroth

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
They usually take younger players (19-25 year olds for instance) for these tournaments, to get them acclimated to international play.

Now the entire roster isn't made up of rookies, but you get the idea.

yup but they also take veterans and only have 14 teams to do so....this isnt the olympics or world cup. Team USA had a couple of guys in their 30s last year. They even had players who weren't in the NHL.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
yup but they also take veterans and only have 14 teams to do so....this isnt the olympics or world cup. Team USA had a couple of guys in their 30s last year

Really? I guess it's up to Gionta if he does get an invite. I would guess he might want to put on the Team USA jersey one last time if he gets the opportunity.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
They usually take younger players (19-25 year olds for instance) for these tournaments, to get them acclimated to international play.

Now the entire roster isn't made up of rookies, but you get the idea.

Pretty sure they are having an "Under 23" squad made up of Americans and Canadians... no?

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Pretty sure they are having an "Under 23" squad made up of Americans and Canadians... no?

Isn't that for the World Cup of Hockey - next year?

edit: yes World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016 Beerz, this is for the World Championships next month

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Isn't that for the World Cup of Hockey - next year?

edit: yes World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016 Beerz, this is for the World Championships next month

its ok hockey if your team is not in the playoffs. I wouldn't go as far as calling it lame but it is far behind world cup/canada cup and olympics.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Who called it lame? It's fun hockey.

Well, living in Europe and watching it as a Canadian I said I wont go as far as calling it lame(I do :laugh:)because Canada does not win everyone over here doesn't get that a lot of the best players are still in the playoffs. So I have to take slack about what is wrong with Canadian hockey.

Especially when the Russians win it :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3