2015 IIHF World Championship: May 1-17 in Czech Republic (Eichel, Ennis)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Tyler Ennis has become a damn good player, he is turning into a star in this league.

Only watched the 2nd period, but he was super dangerous. Love the way he looks in the high slot on the PP, ala Vanek, when he has players capable of feeding him.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I just saw on DirecTV program guide that the US-Russia game will be televised on NBCSN at 11PM ET/8PM PT - seems like a taped coverage but at least for those of us wanting to watch the game on TV, we will now be able to see every game Eichel plays since the Gold Medal game is also due to be broadcast. Previously, NBCSN wasn't televising any of the semifinals.

LaxSabre - Yeah I posted that info yesterday - its included in the Game Recap of the United States Quarterfinal win over Switzerland.

Update - However there is good news (and for you even since you have DirecTV) - if you have DirecTV or DISH you can watch the United States-Russia Semifinal LIVE on TV! - thats if you get one of these Comcast Sports Channels. Looks like you could have watch this mornings Canada-Czech Republic Semifinal game too. (I see Z-Man mention this earlier - if your a Comcast subscriber - as you would get your local or the nearest Comcast Sports Channel - you are able to watch both of the semifinal games LIVE too.)

Comcast SportsNet in the United States will televise LIVE both semifinals of the 2015 IIHF Men's World Championship from O2 Arena today. Faceoff for the Canada-Czech Republic game is set for 9:15 am ET, while the United States Russia contest will begin at 1:15 pm ET.

DirecTV/Dish Network channel numbers (where applicable) - CSN New England - DirecTV 630. CSN Mid-Atlantic - DirecTV 642/Dish 424. CSN Chicago - DirecTV 665/Dish 429. CSN Bay Area - DirecTV 696/Dish 419. CSN Northwest - DirecTV 698. CSN Philadelphia. (LaxSabre - Guess its not available on DirecTV or Dish?).

Ugh, wish I would have known about this! I would have made plans to go to my Aunts (who has DISH and has these extra channels) to watch - unfortunately noone is now home. Oh well guess its twitter for me while watching Lightning-Rangers on TV.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Jackie Eichel gods American to the gold while Connor MehcDavid watches on tape delay... Book it to the bank. The money bank.

The Gold Medal game will be LIVE on NBCSN on Sunday afternoon so he will be able to watch the game in the United States. Unless hes already back home in Canada - then he can watch it LIVE on TSN. (Edit - Nevermind - I see your counting the fact that there is a seven second or so delay via the TV.)

Thanks Deevo for that link.

Last edited:

Karate Johnson*

Good looking out LaxSabre. I will gladly watch on a 60in TV instead of a 4 inch iPhone with a cracked screen

Karate Johnson*

We need Arcobello to channel his kompeetfrom the Sharks game in April

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I just saw that crease violation call against the Czech Republic. Is international hockey like the late 90's NHL? You can't have a skate in the crease or it's automatically no goal.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I just saw that crease violation call against the Czech Republic. Is international hockey like the late 90's NHL? You can't have a skate in the crease or it's automatically no goal.

It goes a step further.

If at any point in time a skate enters the crease, the play is blown dead and the faceoff is taken outside the offensive zone.

Hence why Hendricks nearly blew out his groin on that one play....stopping himself before he got to the crease.

Bps21*

So...you should always try to knock your opponents helmet off. Best case...a powerplay. Worst case...he leaves the ice and you are free for a few seconds.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Eichel playing D against Malkin reminds me suddenly that I'm seeing an undrafted kid against a top-3 center in the NHL. Crazy.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I understand why they just called in the crease on Eichel - falling into the crease-almost hitting the goalie-interference like play - was directly involved in the scoring chance. The one on Malkin earlier in the period where he just skating through - there wasn't even a shot on net - that one shouldn't be called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad