2015 IIHF World Championship: May 1-17 in Czech Republic (Eichel, Ennis)

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Richards was under no obligation to play Eichel if he felt Eichel was not doing well. But rather than short shifting him when he seemed out of sorts. He could have at least changed up line combinations first. There was serious times that Eichel, Nelson and Lewis weren't in sync.

Either way once the US team got down in the third it was inevitable. They were a glorified College all-star team with a few vets and young gun NHLers. Once the Russian NHL superstars that got sent home early took the lead, they're started to remember how to play. The young team made a few bad choices and the ruskies pounced.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Richards was under no obligation to play Eichel if he felt Eichel was not doing well. But rather than short shifting him. He could have at least changed up line combinations first. There was serious times that Eichel, Nelson and Lewis weren't in sync.

Richards was very static with lines.

He was. But I would say in his defense it worked pretty well most of the tournament.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I haven't imagined anything. Nelson and Lewis are Eichel's ES and PP line mates. They played their regular PP shifts with Arcobello at center instead of Eichel. Weird how last game his wingers were able to play on the PP but Eichel wasn't. He must have been extra tired.

I'm not sure if they got mid change, but I noticed the same thing.

Arcobello centered Lewis and Nelson for the first PP in the first period.

But for the early 2nd period PP, Eichel was back out there with Lewis and Nelson.

I don't think it's anything worth noting, as it's not like Eichel really got benched. Maybe he was having equipment issues or Eichel had got caught mid-change the previous shift.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm not sure if they got mid change, but I noticed the same thing.

Arcobello centered Lewis and Nelson for the first PP in the first period.

But for the early 2nd period PP, Eichel was back out there with Lewis and Nelson.

I don't think it's anything worth noting, as it's not like Eichel really got benched. Maybe he was having equipment issues or Eichel had got caught mid-change the previous shift.

Its really not a big deal. He got plenty of ice time overall

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
The record :laugh:

The record states he didn't play on the PP the last few PP the US got but his line mates did. By any normal definition thats called sitting.

yup.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The American youts draw another tough one tomorrow playing the hosts.

A random question. If we win, will this be the first time North America has 2 of the 3 medals?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

PRAGUE - Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich./St. John’s) made 26 saves, but the U.S. Men’s National Team fell to Russia, 4-0, tonight in semifinal action at the 2015 International Ice Hockey Federation Men’s World Championship.

Team USA will face the Czech Republic tomorrow (May 17) in the bronze-medal game. Puck drop is set for 10:15 a.m. ET at O2 Arena in Prague and the game will be streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra.

"The final score wound up 4-0, but it really felt like a 1-0 game," said Todd Richards, head coach of the 2015 U.S. Men's National Team. "I'm proud of our guys and the way they played. It was a heck of a hockey game between two very good teams. Unfortunately for us, we came out on the short end."

Last edited:

LGBuffalo

Jan 9, 2011
E PA

PRAGUE - Connor Hellebuyck (Commerce, Mich./St. John’s) made 26 saves, but the U.S. Men’s National Team fell to Russia, 4-0, tonight in semifinal action at the 2015 International Ice Hockey Federation Men’s World Championship.

Team USA will face the Czech Republic tomorrow (May 17) in the bronze-medal game. Puck drop is set for 10:15 a.m. ET at O2 Arena in Prague and the game will be streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra.

"The final score wound up 4-0, but it really felt like a 1-0 game," said Todd Richards, head coach of the 2015 U.S. Men's National Team. "I'm proud of our guys and the way they played. It was a heck of a hockey game between two very good teams. Unfortunately for us, we came out on the short end."

I've been looking but can't find any information. Is there going to be a tape delay showing of the game sometime on NBCSN that anyone knows of? Thanks!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I've been looking but can't find any information. Is there going to be a tape delay showing of the game sometime on NBCSN that anyone knows of? Thanks!

PRAGUE -- The 2015 U.S. Men's National Team will look to rebound today against the Czech Republic in the bronze-medal game of the 2015 IIHF Men's World Championship. Opening faceoff is set for 4:15 p.m. (10:15 a.m. ET) with a live stream in the U.S. available via NBC Sports Live Extra. There is no television coverage of today's game in the U.S., either live or delayed.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Since the bronze-medal game precedes the gold-medal game on NBCSN, I suspect that they'll show highlights of the US-Czech game during intermissions of the Canada-Russia game.

Bps21*

Wins battle behind the net, creates own passing lane with his skating, puts puck on the stick of man waiting in front.

We will be seeing that at this level for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad