2015 IIHF World Championship: May 1-17 in Czech Republic (Eichel, Ennis)

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Eichel was taken off his PP unit.

He has struggled and looked a bit lost today.

I don't know that that was a benching.

He was just on the ice and was the one who drew the penalty to set up Brock Nelson for a partial breakaway.

He could have even been temporarily hurt from the hit. He seemed to take his normal shift after that particular PP.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
One day, he's hailed as a superstar and forecast as even better than McDavid...

The next day, he's accused of giving up and flopping....

Is the rollercoaster with Eichel going to be so mercurial after each game that he either impresses or doesn't?

He's a kid. He'll have good games and bad games, just like every other athlete does. He was average in the opener against Finland too before gradually coming on with each subsequent game. He's exceeded most expectations in this tournament so far so if he looked "off" this game, I'm not worried.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Guys, let's take a step back and realize the obvious ploy here.

Holland reached out to Todd Richards before the game and TOLD Richards to make sure Eichel doesn't have a good game and to give premium ice time to Larkin instead. He also crushed up sleeping tablets and put them in Eichel's gatorade!

It's an eastern conference wide conspiracy to keep Mike Babcock away from the Sabres! Damn that sneaky Ken Holland!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Team USA Downs Switzerland 3-1 in Quarterfinals
By USA Hockey

Ben Smith (Avon, Conn./San Jose Sharks) and Charlie Coyle (East Weymouth, Mass./Minnesota Wild) scored goals :57 seconds apart midway through the second period and Jake Gardiner (Minnetonka, Minn./Toronto Maple Leafs) added an insurance goal in the third period to help the U.S. Men’s National Team defeat Switzerland, 3-1, in quarterfinal play here today at the 2015 IIHF Men’s World Championship.

The U.S. will move to Prague tomorrow and play the winner of the Russia/Sweden quarterfinal in semifinal action on Saturday (May 16). The game time will be determined after all quarterfinal games are complete.

“I thought overall we had a really solid effort,†said Todd Richards, head coach of the 2015 U.S. Men’s National Team. “We fell behind 1-0 after the first period, but I thought we played a pretty good period. Our goaltender made some good saves early in the second period and when we got that first goal, I thought things started to change. This team continues to find a way to win and I’m really proud of the group.â€

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Game Recap - IIHF World Championships - Quarterfinals - United States Downs Switzerland 3-1 - USAHockey.com - Thursday, May 14.

Ostravia, Czech Republic - Ben Smith (Avon, Connecticut/San Jose Sharks) and Charlie Coyle (East Weymouth, Massachusetts/Minnesota Wild) scored goals :57 seconds apart midway through the second period and Jake Gardiner (Minnetonka, Minnesota/Toronto Maple Leafs) added an insurance goal in the third period to help the United States Men’s National Team defeat Switzerland 3-1 in Quarterfinal play here today at the 2015 IIHF Men’s World Championships.

The United States will move to Prague tomorrow and play Russia in one of the Semifinals on Saturday, May 16. The game will take place at 7:15 pm local time (1:15 pm ET) and will be aired LIVE on NBC LIVE Extra Feed at NBCSports.com. The game will be shown via Same-Day Tape Delay on NBCSN at 11:00 pm ET. (LaxSabre - If your are in Canada - the game will be televised LIVE on TSN - TSN3 - TSN4 - TSN5. LIVE coverage begins - 1:00 pm ET.)

(LaxSabre - Unfortunately NBCSN has LIVE sports programing all day Saturday up until 11:00 pm ET so they can't televise the game LIVE or via Same-Day Tape Delay until then. Not good but at least its on LIVE online and theres a Same-Day Tape Delay showing for people - like me - who won't be able to watch the LIVE online feed.)

Rest Of The Game Recap - http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/514833?referrer_id=1093254

Boxscore-Game Summary - United States 3 Switzerland 1 - http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0075/8423/Quarterfinals_Box_score.pdf

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
No LIVE coverage of the Canada-Czech Republic Semifinal - Saturday, May 16 - 9:15 am ET - here in the United States either on NBCSN or online via the LIVE Extra Feed.
NBCSN is televising a soccer match at the time while NBC can't show the TSN coverage online here in the United States.
(Weird they can show the other three quarterfinals which had TSN coverage on NBCSN but can't do the same online.)

No Tape Delay showing on NBCSN either - not even after the Tape Delay showing of the United States-Russia Semifinal which is scheduled for 11:00 pm ET on Saturday.
Looks like they must show a replay of Cycling - "Tour of California - Stage 7 - Ontario to Mt. Baldy." at 1:00 am ET.

If your are in Canada - the game will be televised LIVE on TSN1-TSN3-TSN 4-TSN5 with coverage starting at 9:00 am ET.
You can also watch the game LIVE online at TSN.ca and via the TSNGO app.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
NBC has a ton of channels.

I'm disappointed that they didn't spin the live game off to another channel like MSNBC or the like.

They're going to be flexing that muscle for the last day of the English Premier League, too. I think the promo said they'd be airing games on 10 (!) channels.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
They're going to be flexing that muscle for the last day of the English Premier League, too. I think the promo said they'd be airing games on 10 (!) channels.

Yea the final day of EPL they have all the games played simultaneously to prevent rigging games. Never heard of it referred to as "Championship Sunday" though, that's an NBCSN thing.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
One day, he's hailed as a superstar and forecast as even better than McDavid...

The next day, he's accused of giving up and flopping....

Is the rollercoaster with Eichel going to be so mercurial after each game that he either impresses or doesn't?

He's a kid. He'll have good games and bad games, just like every other athlete does. He was average in the opener against Finland too before gradually coming on with each subsequent game. He's exceeded most expectations in this tournament so far so if he looked "off" this game, I'm not worried.

Don't be so angry about people making accurate observations. If he has a stinker on Saturday, am I allowed to observe that out loud? Do I have to apologize first and cite the scouting consensus on his entire season to date? People make small observations about each small sample, it happens just like bad games happen. You'll get through it, just like Eichel will.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
No LIVE coverage of the Canada-Czech Republic Semifinal - Saturday, May 16 - 9:15 am ET - here in the United States either on NBCSN or online via the LIVE Extra Feed.
NBCSN is televising a soccer match at the time while NBC can't show the TSN coverage online here in the United States.
(Weird they can show the other three quarterfinals which had TSN coverage on NBCSN but can't do the same online.)

Update - The Canada-Czech Republic game will be available LIVE online here in the United States via the LIVE Extra Feed at NBCSports.com
Coverage starts at 9:00 am ET - opening face-off is either 9:15 am ET or 9:30 am ET.
Not sure if we are getting the TSN feed with their announcers or TSN or World feed with the NBCSN announcers.
Well it doesn't matter what feed or announcers - at least we here in the United States will be able to watch Tyler Ennis and Canada.

Last edited:

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Nice!

God that channel blows

I'm surprised CBC didnt show more first and second round games. In prior years, it seemed they had much more hockey on this time of year.

The new Sportsnet Deal changed all that I believe. TSN owns the rights to the tournament in Canada now. CBC/Sportsnet split the Playoff Coverage though.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Update - The Canada-Czech Republic game will be available LIVE online here in the United States via the LIVE Extra Feed at NBCSports.com
Coverage starts at 9:00 am ET - opening face-off is either 9:15 am ET or 9:30 am ET.
Not sure if we are getting the TSN feed with their announcers or TSN or World feed with the NBCSN announcers.
Well it doesn't matter what feed or announcers - at least we here in the United States will be able to watch Tyler Ennis and Canada.

Programming alert: I just saw on DirecTV program guide that the US-Russia game will be televised on NBCSN at 11PM ET/8PM PT - seems like a taped coverage but at least for those of us wanting to watch the game on TV, we will now be able to see every game Eichel plays since the Gold medal game is also due to be broadcast.

Previously, NBCSN wasn't televising any of the semifinals.

Karate Johnson*

Jackie Eichel gods American to the gold while Connor MehcDavid watches on tape delay... Book it to the bank.

The money bank.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Jackie Eichel gods American to the gold while Connor MehcDavid watches on tape delay... Book it to the bank.

The money bank.

Miracle on ice 2. Could you imagine Usa actually winning against such heavy favorites with this young team? But here in reality I think this is the end in the Semi's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad