GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
boy!, doggone! that was some really great analysis!

it wasn't meant so much as "analysis" - more like "audition"

would be a great story: "redbull to replace Butchie"

I'd have all HF posters appear as guests on the show for honest, hard core, opinions and analysis.

#voteredbull2k14

:)

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
it wasn't meant so much as "analysis" - more like "audition"

would be a great story: "redbull to replace Butchie"

I'd have all HF posters appear as guests on the show for honest, hard core, opinions and analysis.

#voteredbull2k14

:)

Uh oh. Gunning for Butchie's job?

I think redbull = Mike Milbury :nod:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Yeah I was certainly on the "Poulin has earned a second straight start" bandwagon....But in my defense, I had no idea Nabby had a 12-1-3 Alltime record against the Caps.

At least Cappy has a legit reason for starting Nabby, he's dominated the Caps. Whatever....Lets Roll!!!

Go Isles!

Agreed, if a goalie has success against certain teams, why not roll with it. Also, I was worried about Poulin getting buried by the Capitals and his confidence being crushed. Let Poulin play the next game.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
if you got laid the last time you wore soiled underwear, would you continue to crap your pants every friday night?

So Nabakov won 12 games and lost 1 against the Capitals.

To answer your question (and use your terrible analogy), if I **** myself 12 times and got laid each time but once.... sure why not?!

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
Nice GDT! This is a pretty big game against a decent team. Maybe the top line can put on a show for us tonight. Sadly, I have more confidence in the Isles beating the Caps then I do beating the Flyers.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Nabby will probably play against Columbus as well on the trip, given how well he played against them in the home opener. Poulin likely against Carolina. That leaves Montreal open for discussion on who plays goal Sunday. I'd give it to Poulin, see what he can do in his native province.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Nabby will probably play against Columbus as well on the trip, given how well he played against them in the home opener. Poulin likely against Carolina. That leaves Montreal open for discussion on who plays goal Sunday. I'd give it to Poulin, see what he can do in his native province.

It all depends on how Poulin does against Carolina. He's a backup, he needs to prove himself every start he gets to earn more playing time.

Just on a personal note, I hope Poulin gets the start in Montreal. Would probably be a big thrill for him and I'm sure it'll cost his wallet for all the tickets he'll need for family and friends.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Ovi is one of those players that I hate playing against. But he does that to everyone. Hope JT gets a couple tonight. I feel he always plays good vs the caps.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I know its extremely early, but it would be nice to start opening a gap between us and the rest of the division. We seem to play to the level of opponents thus far, hopefully these past couple games push us past that, I am expecting 6 points out of this road trip.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Forgot Grabovski is on the caps now. Never comfortable when he plays us for some reason.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I got a Troy Brouwer bobble head upon entry. Who the **** is that? Isn't that the guy from Stand By Me who got killed by the train?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad