GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Vanek reminds me of that 7 footer in the paint that controls the area offensively on the PP. He can certainly finish in every which way, but he's also a good distributor. The dude owns that area of the ice and it frees JT up.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
That Vanek re-direction off the JT shot/pass was gorgeous. Can't believe Holtby stopped that.

BTW, Frans gets another point but how about Okposo? That's now 18 points in 15 games. He's only 6 points shy of his total in 48 games last year. He's almost a guarantee to reach that in half the games(9 more, plus the rest of this game).

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Love the chemistry between Vanek and JT.

they are figuring it out and that is gonna be awesome

Hard to believe this is only game-4 of playing together. Can't imagine what the chemistry will look like come April. If it becomes as good as I think it could be, I have no idea why Vanek would want to leave assuming Wang coughs up the asking price.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Love the chemistry between Vanek and JT.

they are figuring it out and that is gonna be awesome

KO benefits the most when Johnny and Vanek finally link up completely. He's got a slow release though, but he's got all day to either take the shot or feed one of them to get a scoring chance.

JT and Vanek both have high hockey sense, they're likely to become a dynamic pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad