GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Sweet GDT. Gotta win this game, hopefully Isles continue to play well, a nice little streak would be amazing. I'm REALLY hoping Poulin is in net for this one, he deserves it.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
They're expecting Omunchkin back for this game, so they definitely have their work cut out for them. Still, this game should be quite winnable, so long as they show up and Cappy doesn't do anything mind-numbingly stupid to punt the game away. (Unfortunately we can never take such things for granted.)

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Bvon - Wow. Snow holding the two ladies, just killing it!

If they can repeat what they did last game then they should be able to beat Washington, but Boston doesn't have Ovi. This will be a real challenge for the defense. Maybe Capuano will play Carkner and Donovan against their top line. :help:

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I will be in attendance for this one, so beyond pumped!

Isles could give themselves a nice little boost with this one! LGI!!!

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Given the league's past favoritism towards the Rags and against the Isles, I'm guessing that had it been the other way around Hollweg would have gotten five games max, and that would only be if he actually managed to decapitate Simon.

And Simon would still have gotten 15 games for bleeding on Hollweg.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
The whole simon thing was so overblown. It looked bad but all he did was put his stick in hollwegs chest and from there it went upward in trajectory.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
The whole simon thing was so overblown. It looked bad but all he did was put his stick in hollwegs chest and from there it went upward in trajectory.

And it happened in response to a dirty hit by Hollweg that had actually left Simon with a concussion. But Hollweg was a Ranger and Simon an Islander, so of course Simon had the book thrown at him. But with Colon and Buttman running the show, what else did anyone expect. Now we have Shanahan, who has proven to be no better. (Still can't think of any scatalogical reference for him, even though he seems to be more full of **** than either of the others).

And speaking of Shanahan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRF5EpPNwU. So, um, that obscene gesture made by Wisniewski a couple of seasons ago, uh...

Of course... Wiz was an Islander insulting a Ranger - can't have that, now can we. Meanwhile Shanahan was a Red Wing at the time (another preferred group, likely even more so than the Rags) insulting a Carolina Hurricanes fan. :dunce:

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
He caps have played well sans Ovy. Now looks like Ovy will be back for this game and if he is, at home, I expect their fans to be jumpin...

Thus, we have to come out strong, pepper Holtby and limit their time of possession. Hey,if I can beat them in NHL14 lol

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
Awesome GDT!

Looking forward to this one. The team looked good against the Bruins (like watching a completely different defensive unit!) so we need to keep the ball rolling.

Hoping for Poulin to keep the start, but I'm not holding my breath.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island

85c1d1f04d6c88919bd0a3ad0c49.jpeg

His stick never went to Hollwegs chest...It clearly went to his face. Simon is a POS and should have been thrown out the league for the things he did.

Last edited:

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
Wait, what is Poulin the new Lundqvist?

Some of you guys trolling for Poulin to take over the #1 job. You guys are :laugh:

For the 20th year in a row I will be at an Isles @ Caps game. I swear all the games at the phone booth are tight either going to OT or "gimmick" contest. Usually the Caps win though. I believe in my 19 previous years attending the Isles probably have lost 75% to 80% of the games. Tonight a new tradition wearing the Stan Fischler jersey in the "gang of four" years cuz hey why not right?

Go Isles!

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Opportunity is here for a big win, we need this to start creating some space behind us in the standings. It's obvious we'll never catch up to Pittsburgh, but we can try and hold on to this #2 spot for the season but we need to start now. These next 4 games are huge, with 3 of them being against divisional rivals who are right up our ass in the standings.

Keep playing like we did the past two games and I have no doubt we can win, LETS GO ISLES :yo:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
sweet GDT! thanks to all the guys that are contributing! :handclap:

tight team defence, please. Ovy freaking scares me. i just hope that he had sex with about 5 women last night, in a drunken stupor, and is completely exhausted for tonight.

let Nabby start. let Poulin soak it all in, and keep his confidence high.

bring Mayfield on the road trip. maybe Pedan will become inspired, and get with the program. we NEED some crease police. Hammer is the only one. Carkner is, but he's unreliable and slow.

4-2 Isles....

BaileyToOkposo

Feb 2, 2009
Long Island

Some of you guys trolling for Poulin to take over the #1 job. You guys are :laugh:

For the 20th year in a row I will be at an Isles @ Caps game. I swear all the games at the phone booth are tight either going to OT or "gimmick" contest. Usually the Caps win though. I believe in my 19 previous years attending the Isles probably have lost 75% to 80% of the games. Tonight a new tradition wearing the Stan Fischler jersey in the "gang of four" years cuz hey why not right?

Go Isles!

No but we would like to see him get a shot at least, ya know since nabby sucks.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Wow. I literally just sat here staring at that first picture for 15 minutes. One of maybe 3 times these boards has ever made laugh out loud at work. Usually I can fight it... Amazing work.

Isles - 13
Caps - 12

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Go Isles!

If you see me in my Tonelli jersey--- feel free to say hello-- sitting in 227

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad