GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Per Staple: "Capuano cited Nabokov's record vs. Caps -- 12-1-3 all time, 3-0-3 with #Isles."

OMG what an idiot! What is Cappy thinking?!?! :sarcasm:

Yeah I was certainly on the "Poulin has earned a second straight start" bandwagon....But in my defense, I had no idea Nabby had a 12-1-3 Alltime record against the Caps.

At least Cappy has a legit reason for starting Nabby, he's dominated the Caps. Whatever....Lets Roll!!!

Go Isles!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Per Staple: "Capuano cited Nabokov's record vs. Caps -- 12-1-3 all time, 3-0-3 with #Isles."

OMG what an idiot! What is Cappy thinking?!?! :sarcasm:

Yes, because what happened in the past must continue in perpetuation for ever and ever, amen.

Nabby hasn't looked very good over his last few starts but because he has traditionally played well against the Caps (and bear in mind, that's a career spanning record, but we all know that the Caps have been icing the exact same team for the last 13 years, right?) I suppose tonight is an automatic win.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Yes, because what happened in the past must continue in perpetuation for ever and ever, amen.

Nabby hasn't looked very good over his last few starts but because he has traditionally played well against the Caps (and bear in mind, that's a career spanning record, but we all know that the Caps have been icing the exact same team for the last 13 years, right?) I suppose tonight is an automatic win.

you realize its a guarantee tonight is going to overtime too, right??!? :sarcasm:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was hoping that Ovie wouldn't make it back into the lineup, he kills us (like he does to a lot of teams). I hope he's rusty after missing 2 games.

The Isles need to go out and play the same way they did against Boston and Ottawa. Forecheck them to death and continue to pepper the goalie with shots. I really like our chances if they can continue their solid play.

Also, great job bvon on the GDT. Impressive work.

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009
With a GDT like this how could we possibly lose.

Id like to see JT keep his goal scoring going. It'd also be nice to see a multi point game out of him.

If our 1st line outperforms their first line and Nabby doesn't play terrible I think we win this game.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Who the hell knows LOL, we can beat the likes of Pitt and Boston and then lose to the Philly and Buffalo's of the league. We seem to play up or down to the competition-hence all the 1 goal difference games. You know the Caps will be banging so hopefully that fires the boys up.

LGI !!!!! :handclap:

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
caps-isles games are always fun, close games. the only drubbing i can remember is when hillen took an ovechkin slapshot to the face and the isles lost 7-2, a game i was at :(

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I was hoping that Ovie wouldn't make it back into the lineup, he kills us (like he does to a lot of teams). I hope he's rusty after missing 2 games.

The Isles need to go out and play the same way they did against Boston and Ottawa. Forecheck them to death and continue to pepper the goalie with shots. I really like our chances if they can continue their solid play.

Also, great job bvon on the GDT. Impressive work.

I'm hoping that Hamonic continues his trend of eliminating superstar Russians.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
I'll say this, after seeing Nabokov's stats against the Capitals, I can see why Cappy is playing him and won't argue it. But, sometimes it should be about previous performance on ice and earning it. Poulin earned another start, if it wasn't for the lifetime stats Nabby has against the Capitals, I'd hope Poulin would've started.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I may be mistaken but doesn't martinek match up extremely well against ovechkin?

I just remember over the years he was good against Ovie.. Could be completely wrong though haha.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
At this point, you can argue playing either goalie.

If the isles won, it's a moot point.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
At this point, you can argue playing either goalie.

If the isles won, it's a moot point.

Would have been a better post if you wrote "mute" point. Love when people say that.

I'd like to see Poulin get more starts, but not necessarily the bulk of the starts. I'd think 20-25 games at minimum, unless things go really sideways.

caps-isles games are always fun, close games. the only drubbing i can remember is when hillen took an ovechkin slapshot to the face and the isles lost 7-2, a game i was at :(

That was tough to watch. Poor Hillen. Damn.

Butch here, I am hoping a big Islander win tonight!

Hi Butch. If Harmonic plays a solid game and Ockposo continues his steady play, maybe Markner doesn't get exposed, Clutterberg gets a big goal - the Isles have a chance!

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010

Missing the point I guess...

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hi Butch. If Harmonic plays a solid game and Ockposo continues his steady play, maybe Markner doesn't get exposed, Clutterberg gets a big goal - the Isles have a chance!

boy!, doggone! that was some really great analysis!

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI

While i understand your take, in hockey, these things seems to always follow trends, no matter how ridiculous it is. Guys kill the Islanders for their entire careers, certain Isles own other teams. Its just weird but some guys feel more comfortable against other teams/in other arenas. Once you start to dominate a team, personally, i think that confidence is with you.

Mikkel

Aug 9, 2009
Amazing GDT. Wow.

Tonight would be a great time to win for a multitude of reasons, so I'm completely expecting a loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad