GDT: #15 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 5th | 7:00PM | F/L 6-2

fishstick

Mar 4, 2013
Europe
Love the Royal Tenenbaums :yo:

Cautiously optimistic. They didn't win three in a row so far this season.

Hope Vanek can show the same output against other teams than the Bruins as well and the first line keeps up the good work :nod:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
get the W in regulation baby....with the rags loss, the canes floundering , the 2 teams in the basement that dont need to be mentioned, and the would be loss for the caps if we beat them we can create some early distance

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
any word on whether they are calling a d-man up? you would think they were in dc already or at least are at the airport now...

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
any word on whether they are calling a d-man up? you would think they were in dc already or at least are at the airport now...

Nothing yet. IPB mentions that since the furthest away they're going from home is Columbus, that a call-up could be made on pretty short notice and get to where the game is with very little hassle.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Nothing yet. IPB mentions that since the furthest away they're going from home is Columbus, that a call-up could be made on pretty short notice and get to where the game is with very little hassle.

The Soundtigers don't play until the weekend either so there should be no problem to recall someone if the need arises. I don't have a problem with what the Isles are doing.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
The Soundtigers don't play until the weekend either so there should be no problem to recall someone if the need arises. I don't have a problem with what the Isles are doing.

while i dont think it is a huge deal and mostly agree, why not have someone there in case someone pulls something in warmups? if BST are not playing a game anyways, what is the downside?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
while i dont think it is a huge deal and mostly agree, why not have someone there in case someone pulls something in warmups? if BST are not playing a game anyways, what is the downside?

That's how I see it. Why even risk it if Bridgeport isn't playing until the weekend? Even if the kid just sits in the pressbox for a few days, at least he'll get some practices with the big boys.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

That's how I see it. Why even risk it if Bridgeport isn't playing until the weekend? Even if the kid just sits in the pressbox for a few days, at least he'll get some practices with the big boys.

I agree, but I have a feeling that Wang is looking to save a little money on airfare if he can. :sarcasm:

center55

Oct 12, 2009
Yup Nabby is awful! 47-32-13 2.54 .910 As an Isander:sarcasm:

No doubt he has been a great Islander however he has not been stellar as of late here is his numbers over the last 25 games including playoffs

12-7-6 3.65 .889

Why not give Poulin a chance?

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
No doubt he has been a great Islander however he has not been stellar as of late here is his numbers over the last 25 games including playoffs

12-7-6 3.65 .889

Including the playoffs is a bit misleading. They did play the Penguins whose PP (and the Isles' PK) was devastating.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Including the playoffs is a bit misleading. They did play the Penguins whose PP (and the Isles' PK) was devastating.

Whenever I read this I start to agree, and then I get visuals of some of the goals he allowed that series. Pittsburgh or not, he let in way too many softees. We would have had trouble winning that series to begin with... Nabby made it all but impossible.

That said I still like him, and think a lot of his struggles had to do with taking a puck to the noodle. Hopefully he plays well tonight after some much needed rest.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I would have personally started poulin but I really don't think its that crazy to start Nabby. I'm not sold on poulin at all, he did play well but Boston looked flat and tired and not to mention we got a few breaks on guys missing open nets. I still think both options are pretty crappy and it's really a coin flip.

This road trip is very important and I think that's being overlooked. All 4 of these games are very winnable and considering 3 of 4 are against division teams we need to win these in regulation.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Whenever I read this I start to agree, and then I get visuals of some of the goals he allowed that series. Pittsburgh or not, he let in way too many softees. We would have had trouble winning that series to begin with... Nabby made it all but impossible.

That said I still like him, and think a lot of his struggles had to do with taking a puck to the noodle. Hopefully he plays well tonight after some much needed rest.

Agreed but his tank was empty at that point-overused (probably for good reason) last year. Love to keep him somewhat fresh if we make the playoffs this year, get a chance to see what we have in Poulin. Would hope to have Poulin start 35-40% of the starts if he plays decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad