You asked for it, here is your All Purpose San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Brad Richards is a better player than Mike Richards. If you don't think Mike Richards is declining, you seriously need to watch a game.

I think that's pretty fair.

But yeah, the Kings couldn't have won without superclutch fourth line deadweight. Without him, they wouldn't have won. Just like without Burish the Hawks wouldn't have won, am I right ON4?

Implication being that Burish:Chicago 2010 is Richards:LA 2012/2014?

Richards certainly had some very good games in the 2014 playoffs. If you consider those just outliers, or luck, then of course you won't value Richards very much. If instead you take those games at face value, then you will value Richards more.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I've heard he doesn't give a damn about his conditioning and it's finally catching up to him. Supposing he actually did go through with his conditioning seriously, he could return to form but I wouldn't hold my breath

Wouldn't surprise me.

Implication being that Burish:Chicago 2010 is Richards:LA 2012/2014?

Richards certainly had some very good games in the 2014 playoffs. If you consider those just outliers, or luck, then of course you won't value Richards very much. If instead you take those games at face value, then you will value Richards more.

Perhaps Burish was an extreme example, but yes, 2014 Mike Richards was a 4th liner and the Kings would have easily won without him.

Mike Brown also had "good" games this spring. That doesn't make me believe the series would have gone any other way without him. But I forgot, you also take Mike Brown's good games at face value.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Mike Richards has never really taken care of himself in the off season from what I've read. It's part of the reason his body is breaking down combined with his style of play. If you play 6'3 230 but are only 5'11 and 190, you need to dedicate yourself to staying in top shape all year long. That's why I think Pavelski has a few more strong years in him. He's keeps himself in excellent shape all year.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Don't really have much to add other than I'm getting really excited for Hockey Season. Being in September means the season starts in little over a month and it's time to get into that Hockey mode again. Not really sure how the Sharks will be this year, but Hockey is hockey and a new season is good for everyone.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I just want to watch Hockey again...it's not easy when no other sport interests you. :(

ypc.gif

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
With the great center depth Sharks have, would this 3-way trade be of interest?

SJ
Johansson/Brouwer (depending on if they want a younger, costcontrolled player with speed/playmaking as his best assets or a more physical RH two-way forward, who gives you 20+ goals)
Jurco
Caps 2nd

Det
Green

Caps
Thornton
Kindl?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
With the great center depth Sharks have, would this 3-way trade be of interest?

SJ
Johansson/Brouwer (depending on if they want a younger, costcontrolled player with speed/playmaking as his best assets or a more physical RH two-way forward, who gives you 20+ goals)
Jurco
Caps 2nd

Det
Green

Caps
Thornton
Kindl?

Not to me.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
Personally, I think a healthy Rinne and Lehtonen are above Quick too.

I was going to add healthy Rinne. IMO, Rinne, Rask and Lundqvist are the Vezina group. When they are on their game and healthy, you can add Bob, Varlamov, Smith and Bishop to the follow up group.

Quick is up there but he gives up too much of the upper half of the net when he goes side to side. In style he is most comparable to Rask who is also aggressive.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Care to explain why? Could something be added/interchanged?

Just not my type of return for Jumbo. If the Sharks trade him, they need to gear the return towards futures. Johansson and Brouwer are more transitional pieces. Jurco is arguably the same way although less proven and possibly more potential. The Sharks would need to trade Thornton for a good 1st round pick or that level of a young prospect. They'll focus more on quality than quantity.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Just not my type of return for Jumbo. If the Sharks trade him, they need to gear the return towards futures. Johansson and Brouwer are more transitional pieces. Jurco is arguably the same way although less proven and possibly more potential. The Sharks would need to trade Thornton for a good 1st round pick or that level of a young prospect. They'll focus more on quality than quantity.

Yeah, I would want a young player who fits in a need (top-6 winger, top-4 defenseman)

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland

Yeah, I would want a young player who fits in a need (top-6 winger, top-4 defenseman)

Marcus Johansson is 23 and Tomas Jurco is 21. IMO that isn't very old. Both are (or potentially will be) top-6 wingers.

Would you prefer
Caps 1st 2015
Tomas Jurco
Connor Carrick(RHD)/Nate Schmidt(LHD) (potential top-4 D-men)

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Marcus Johansson is 23 and Tomas Jurco is 21. IMO that isn't very old. Both are (or potentially will be) top-6 wingers.

Would you prefer
Caps 1st 2015
Tomas Jurco

Ok, they are young, but probably not the best return the Sharks could get for Jumbo. It's not an awful offer, but not something I'd move Jumbo for. If it was Orlov, I would be very excited however :)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Would you prefer
Caps 1st 2015
Tomas Jurco

Jurco's not a top end talent, imo. Neither is Johansson. That's what I mean by transitional pieces. Those are guys you put in your lineup until you get THE guy. I like the 2015 1st involved but neither Jurco nor the d-men you listed strike me as blue-chip kind of prospects that the Sharks need to look for if they're going to move Jumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln