Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Friedman is a stupid lurch. What does that goofy slob know about hockey. Bieska looked to be suggesting they weren't upping the level.

I did not see a playoff gear from the Leafs at all. WN was trying to gear up. aM was sick. The rest were pathetic.
A far cry from Bobby Baun winning the Stanley Cup on a broken leg, let’s face it, this team is full of sissy’s and whiners…….

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Fortunately didnt have to witness that. But it just goes to show you how pathetic this franchise is with so many extreme low points.
It’s not a coincidence this team and it’s fanbase are the laughing stock of the league, how the mighty have fallen…….

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
This series is making me realize how much my outlook on this team has changed.

In 2018 and 2019, I remember feeling viscerally angry and inconsolable after every loss. I ****ing hated Debrusk, Marchand, Chara, etc with every fibre of my being and felt like the Leafs deserved to win. I loved our team with all my heart and hated theirs, and couldn't bare to see us lose.

This series, I hardly even feel upset with how it's gone. And I don't feel an ounce of ill will toward any of the Bruins players. If anything, I just respect and admire the way they play.

The entirety of my dislike is directed squarely at our players - why bother cheering for a team that clearly doesn't care enough to get it done, time and time again? Honestly, I feel like it's probably healthier this way.
Equally disconcerting is listening to the post-game interviews. Same crap about how the effort was there, they have to find a way to score, they have to stay together, their goalie is great....blah blah blah. Same bullshit every year. Where the hell is the accountability if coach Keefe and leader Rielly thinks the effort was there in the first two periods.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
You just know that isn't happening. Either a game 6 loss in front of the home crowd or a game 7 meltdown in the back half of the game has to be how this plays out
I think they're toast. They haven't had an answer for the Bruins and Swayman this whole season. Only way I see them winning is if it's 2-1 or 3-2 kind of game. If they give up 3 they're done imo.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Other guys with NMC’s have been moved. They will work with the agent to facilitate a trade for Marner. Probably a sign and trade
Trading marner is a start, and JT leaving after his contract expires will help, but you still have Rielly and Nylander on long term deals that will hurt the team for years to come……..

Reactions: seventieslord

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Our salary structure is extremely flawed. Over $40Mill spend on forwards and they can't produce in the playoffs 8 years running. Everyone advocating building from the net out was right. The question now is what to do since you can't trade any of the core 4 to get that stud goalie or defenceman.

We had Andersen, we should have held on to him to be honest. Letting him go was a huge mistake. Equally the leafs need to start drafting and developing guys. We need a complete overhaul of our drafting system. Woll seems to be a good find, but we need dmen and centers

Everyone should remember that the Leafs were down 3 games to 1 in 2013 and took it to 7.

We should also remember Boston was up 3-1 last year and lost to florida at home. Personally I think it’s over in 6.

Reactions: TMLegend

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Leafs were only good during the Stavro ownership. As soon as Corporate interests got involved it became mostly about marketability. TPP were just dumb all around and let the dummy Larry T run the Leafs. LarryT is the guy Ballard never wanted to have own the Leafs.
Conn Smyth selling the team to Ballard/Bassett/ and his son was the beginning of the end……….

Maybe he should have pulled a Costanza.
Said that weeks ago……

Reactions: aingefan

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Marner scoring to make it 3-1 has the same “too little too late” energy of scoring in Game 4 down 3-0 to Florida last year.

You have to give it to him, he tried his usual overplaying bulsh*t and Swayman was so surprised he left the goal !

But yeah, 3-1 with 10 min to go in the most flaccid game our flaccid players ever had...

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yes or no?
You have been so confident telling us how things are going the whole year literally every game.

Who wins the series. Leafs or bruins?
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Leafs win, but the bigger question is whether it would actually be a good thing for the franchise to win a round or two. A coaching change really needs to happen, and it likely won't if the Leafs come back and win this series.

Reactions: bax

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Mcdavid I believe would hit UFA. He would pull a Tavares. McDavid has the stones to be the guy to come here and try and bring the cup here
The big 3 will be pulling $37M a year already. Not even in Dubas world could a team flesh out a lineup with 4 forwards eating that much cap. They need a real goalie and a top defenseman and a couple of physical wingers.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Leafs win, but the bigger question is whether it would actually be a good thing for the franchise to win a round or two. A coaching change really needs to happen, and it likely won't if the Leafs come back and win this series.

So leafs or bruins?
Why is this hard? You have been telling us definitively for a year what was going to happen.

Leafs or bruins. Who wins?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The big 3 will be pulling $37M a year already. Not even in Dubas world could a team flesh out a lineup with 4 forwards eating that much cap. They need a real goalie and a top defenseman and a couple of physical wingers.

Maybe they make more changes, we don’t know what could happen in the future

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner isn't the problem.

Pasta looks like a poor mans Marner right now yet his team is up 3-1.

We have no goalie, no mobility, shot or passing from the backend and...I mean, Jarnkrok? Our bottom 6 is still full of power puff style play.

I'm not blaming Tre for the backend. Our trajectory lead us to this issue and it's hard to fix. Mobile D (that are actually good at their job) are premium.
Marner’s salary is a huge problem……..

Reactions: mehavecable

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Definitely possible to come back. Not likely but possible.

Marner showed some signs of life in the 3rd. Willy will only get better. Hopefully Matthews was actually just sick and not hurt.

They’re constant chokers, but they’ve still got talent and can win this.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
This team finds new lows every year to hurt and embarrass the fanbase. Bruins squad is a far cry from what it was in 2019 yet we might not even get to 6 games this time around with a much better squad. Matthews shitting his pants and leaving the game is basically a microcosm of this team's problems. 5 years later and we're somehow much worse.

They don't even have Bergeron or Chara anymore, Marchand by himself is daddy dicking us.

Ready to move on this summer and hopefully see some much needed changes. The fans deserve better.

Also Joe Bowen I don't ever wanna f***ing hear about the fans again when the team gives them that performance

True story. And you missed David Krejci who led playoffs scoring twice (one Cup win, one SCF).

I like how people think Boston is nothing special, well they are not trying fancy bulsh*t if that's what we're thinking.. They had the game firmly in hand, playing sound defensive system and no one was willing/ trying to boost his stats..

Boston has no problem winning 1:0 games. Leafs? not enough points for our stars !!!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marner is playing on a busted ankle.
No he isnt

He has no injury

He had 8 pts his last 6 reg season games. Was playing like he always does. Playoffs

Matthews and now Nylander arent injured either, they just suck and are frauds.

Matthews sucks ass lile he always does vs boston. He is a semi decent 3rd liner for his career vs boston come playoffs

Nylander has played 1 game so that is atleast excusable that he was dog ass his first game. If he doesnt put up 2 pts at least game 2 after calling marner out he should never pretend to be a leader again

Rielly has been shit, not bringing any offense and defensively has been whatever. Cant run a PP still.whicb is sad.

Tavares is a 2M player like Kampf who we pay 11M for

Marner is a known choker who doesnt have the IQ and speed to be dangerous come playoffs

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad