Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Then why send Nieto down at all right now?

I wasn't trying to argue why, just posting the numbers that show it is a bit cheaper to do the switch.

But, I don't think Nieto has a place right now regardless. He is not or at least should not be IMO a fourth line option. I think, like posted above, they were just waiting to evaluate Burns. I don't see him coming back up without an injury problem until near the end of the season regardless of any other shuttles that go on, so now is as good a time as any.

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma

Further confirming your sharks page point, opponents went 2-0-4 in same six. Net we picked up one point on the field.

31 goals in 16 games is a non starter and as much as I want the coaching staff out that is on Will and Thomas before him

A so win is better than a so loss and they worked hard at home this weekend. Tiny steps I guess

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I wasn't trying to argue why, just posting the numbers that show it is a bit cheaper to do the switch.

But, I don't think Nieto has a place right now regardless. He is not or at least should not be IMO a fourth line option. I think, like posted above, they were just waiting to evaluate Burns. I don't see him coming back up without an injury problem until near the end of the season regardless of any other shuttles that go on, so now is as good a time as any.

I'd agree with this, though I think he might be back in SJ sooner rather then later.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I'm hoping it's that, because reading DP's tweeting without that context ("#SJSharks reassigned Matt Nieto to WOR to get him some game action.") means that no one bothered to look at a pocket schedule for Worcester.

Well, 1 game in Worcester is better than no games in SJ. :laugh:

3 games in 4 nights coming up, it's an extra body (I hope).

Isn't Brown already the extra body (4th line of Sheppard - Desjardins - McCarthy)?
Unless the Desjardins scratch was something more?

EDIT: Missed your previous post. Looks like the same line of thinking.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Well, 1 game in Worcester is better than no games in SJ. :laugh:

Isn't Brown already the extra body (4th line of Sheppard - Desjardins - McCarthy)?
Unless the Desjardins scratch was something more?

Brown or McCarthy, yes, but they can carry 23 players on their roster and there's probably some bumps and bruises going on so why not have an extra player around.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Brown or McCarthy, yes, but they can carry 23 players on their roster and there's probably some bumps and bruises going on so why not have an extra player around.

I still can't believe this team has Brown, McCarthy, and Pelech all on the roster. :facepalm:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I still can't believe this team has Brown, McCarthy, and Pelech all on the roster. :facepalm:

You're looking at our new 4th line! Because... grit!

bX9rk4o_zps537c2136.gif

:facepalm:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
As long as two of them are in the press box I don't have a problem with it.

Are you kidding? All three are going to play against the Kings. Havlat will probably sit because he's not gritty enough for the Kings, so Desjardins will probably play in the top-9, and Hertl's not enough of a vet, so Sheppard will play top-6.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Yah I agree, he belongs in Worcester and it will be good for him (and Worcester) but Pelech is terrible :\ I'd rather call Hamilton back up if Desjardins is out.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Must be nice to worry about one person on the 4th line, when Worcester has 3 3rd lines and a 4th (just saying in a non-bitter/scarastic way)
:D:sarcasm:

If Tarasov can get healthy you could actually have a legit 1st line with Nieto/Kearns (or Hamilton)/Tarasov.

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma
If Tarasov can get healthy you could actually have a legit 1st line with Nieto/Kearns (or Hamilton)/Tarasov.

what makes Nieto a first line AHL player at this point in his career? He has 4 goals and 12 points in 30 pro games. Plus there is still nobody to get him or Tarasov the puck.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
what makes Nieto a first line AHL player at this point in his career? He has 4 goals and 12 points in 30 pro games. Plus there is still nobody to get him or Tarasov the puck.

I'm not nearly as pessimistic about all things Worcester as most, though I don't blame those who are at all as there aren't many reasons to be optimistic.

Watching Nieto play for the past couple of years, he has the talent and skillset to develop into a top 6 NHLer so I don't see why he wouldn't find success in the AHL. He wasn't re-assigned to Worcester based strictly on his play, there's just no room for him in SJ's top 9 right now as he's not going to displace Kennedy, Wingels or Havlat and it's a waste of his talents to skate him on the 4th line.

Kearns and Hamilton are both capable set up guys if put with the right players.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Are you kidding? All three are going to play against the Kings. Havlat will probably sit because he's not gritty enough for the Kings, so Desjardins will probably play in the top-9, and Hertl's not enough of a vet, so Sheppard will play top-6.

havlat's first game was against LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad