Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
Peter Sivak has been called up to Worcester from SF. He's been fun to watch this year, netting 33 goals. I hope he can make some noise up there, but if he doesn't, I'll gladly take him back for the first round of the playoffs :nod:

http://sfbulls.com/news/sivak-gets-first-ahl-call-up/

EDIT: Is Worcester still in the playoff hunt? Only 5 points out of the 8th spot with 4 games in hand. If they miss, can the Bulls get Heemskerk, Tarasov and maybe even Viedensky back?

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Peter Sivak has been called up to Worcester from SF. He's been fun to watch this year, netting 33 goals. I hope he can make some noise up there, but if he doesn't, I'll gladly take him back for the first round of the playoffs :nod:

http://sfbulls.com/news/sivak-gets-first-ahl-call-up/

EDIT: Is Worcester still in the playoff hunt? Only 5 points out of the 8th spot with 4 games in hand. If they miss, can the Bulls get Heemskerk, Tarasov and maybe even Viedensky back?

Heemskerk will be back in SF as soon as Stalock gets back to Worcester. I'd put the chances of Tarasov or Viedensky going to SF when Worcester's season is over at close to zero.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
This trade makes no sense to me on any level...

Me either. what the hell. Hasn't Groulx been excellent for you guys? Why the heck would we want Joslin back, especially if he remains Vancouvers property...

This is a great time for a "What is this, i don't even..."

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Me either. what the hell. Hasn't Groulx been excellent for you guys? Why the heck would we want Joslin back, especially if he remains Vancouvers property...

This is a great time for a "What is this, i don't even..."

He hasn't been that important to this team, though he's been fine when he plays. He's there for offense (and vet leadership I guess) and they're getting that from Tennyson, Acolatse, Urban when he's in the lineup, and now Comrie.

I mentioned it to 210 but this could be one of those moves that's doing one of the players a "favor"...or maybe not, but it is a strange move considering no rights were actually moved.

Edit: Was just chatting w/ someone on twitter and this move may have been made to get Sivak on the roster as there is a 'Vet' limit on AHL rosters - Groulx is a 'vet'. I'm hoping when 210 gets the chance he'll let us know one way or the other.

OK - Final edit...apparently Joslin might be a vet as well so?? Anyhow, 210 had this to say so I guess we'll hear more tomorrow:
"Between periods heard some really positive things about the Joslin acquisition...more tomorrow on Sharkspage #WorSharks"

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
What exactly is "reserve" in the echl?

Think of it as the "replacement" for the 3-day IR list. :sarcasm:

The latest CBA allows up to ~3 players to have their services "retained" (salary paid, just can't be on playing).

Clowe was on reserve the entire time he was with Bulls.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
It was a great but strange game against Stockton tonight. The Bulls crashed the net and there was a delayed penalty. No one celebrated, the refs had a meeting, the Bulls were awarded a goal, and everyone was confused. :laugh: Stockton tied it up with 0.1 seconds left in the game. Nelson couldn't squeeze the puck and it trickled over the line in slow motion. :shakehead Unfortunately we lost the shootout, but it was a great back and forth game. I don't seem to mind the shootout as much in the ECHL. I'd still prefer ties, but they forgo the dry scrape and get going right away. Even though it's best of 5 rounds, it get's finished much more quickly.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Sivak scores his first AHL goal. Awesome! I want to see a picture of Sivak in a Worcester jersey.

If one doesn't pop up tonight I'll try to take one tomorrow.

Watching Sivak my guess is he doesn't have NHL talent, but he can without a doubt compete at the AHL level. Unless something really odd happens he probably won't be going back to San Francisco unless/until the WorSharks are eliminated from playoff contention.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
If one doesn't pop up tonight I'll try to take one tomorrow.

Watching Sivak my guess is he doesn't have NHL talent, but he can without a doubt compete at the AHL level. Unless something really odd happens he probably won't be going back to San Francisco unless/until the WorSharks are eliminated from playoff contention.

Awesome/bummer. Sivak was tons of fun to watch in SF, but we really need his scoring ability going into the playoffs.

In other news, the Bulls did a live jersey auction after the game. Captain Langdon's jersey sold for a whopping three THOUSAND dollars :amazed:

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
So I went to my first ECHL game last weekend in Stockton and I went to my first Bulls game tonight. Sucks that they lost but it was entertaining none the less. I actually thought the Bulls played a much more entertaining game than the Thunder. The one goal they did score was a beauty. Definitely looking forward to being able to go to a bunch of games :)

Obviously Stockton Arena was the nicer building though. Anyone have suggestions for seating in the Cow Palace? I was in section 15 row B tonight. They were good seats but I feel like there are better ones available. And man was it empty in there. Had some ********** swearing up a storm in front of a bunch of kids right there too.

Also what was with the announcer? He sounded constantly confused by the things he was saying. Weird inflections in his voice all the time.

Last edited:

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
So I went to my first ECHL game last weekend in Stockton and I went to my first Bulls game tonight. Sucks that they lost but it was entertaining none the less. I actually thought the Bulls played a much more entertaining game than the Thunder. The one goal they did score was a beauty. Definitely looking forward to being able to go to a bunch of games :)

Obviously Stockton Arena was the nicer building though. Anyone have suggestions for seating in the Cow Palace? I was in section 15 row B tonight. They were good seats but I feel like there are better ones available. And man was it empty in there. Had some ********** swearing up a storm in front of a bunch of kids right there too.

Also what was with the announcer? He sounded constantly confused by the things he was saying. Weird inflections in his voice all the time.

The problem with the Cow Palace is that the seats go out and away from the ice instead of up. My seats are in section 21, top row. I think they're the best seats in the house because you're up above the glass. I'd suggest getting the cheapest tickets at will call and just sitting wherever you want. It's also pretty fun watching some of the game from the Red Hook ice lounge behind the goal.

And the announcer totally blows. I think most people hate him. We need an announcer like the one they have in Stockton. That guy has a great announcer voice.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
San Francisco playoff dates (round 1):

The Bulls will visit the first-place Alaska Aces in Games 1 and 2 on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6. The Bulls will then host their first-ever playoff games at the Cow Palace in Games 3 and 4 on Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 12. Both games begin at 7:15 pm. If necessary, the Bulls will host Game 4 on Saturday, April 13, also at 7:15 pm. If the series stretches to a Game 6 or 7, they will be held in Alaska on Tuesday, April 16 and Wednesday April 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino