Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, we have been here before and he usually gets hurt and when he comes back he reverts back to his old ways. But this time I'm not so sure that will happen...

I am glad you have confidence in him. We need some skilled D-men up in SJ.

As someone who watches him regularly. What is his upside? At worst would he just be a bottom pairing D-man?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well, we have been here before and he usually gets hurt and when he comes back he reverts back to his old ways. But this time I'm not so sure that will happen...

Well, I'm happy if he's playing well for Worcester. I just can't get remotely excited about him. If he ends up being a great top-4 D for Worcester, I'm happy at this point. :)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well, I'm happy if he's playing well for Worcester. I just can't get remotely excited about him. If he ends up being a great top-4 D for Worcester, I'm happy at this point. :)

It would be great if he ends up as a cheap, younger version of Hannan/Stuart at this point though.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Stuart's playing that badly.

You won't hear an argument about that from me. Plus I don't really think Stuart gave us a hometown discount of any type for signing with us. But I thought there was some mutual understanding between them about not trading Stuart.

That being said, I guess he would have been given an NMC/NTC in that case. Plus since you mentioned it, Stuart to the Avs may actually work for them. They could use a veteran D-man. Just don't know what we could get from them that would help us.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
You won't hear an argument about that from me. Plus I don't really think Stuart gave us a hometown discount of any type for signing with us. But I thought there was some mutual understanding between them about not trading Stuart.

That being said, I guess he would have been given an NMC/NTC in that case. Plus since you mentioned it, Stuart to the Avs may actually work for them. They could use a veteran D-man. Just don't know what we could get from them that would help us.

That's easy...future considerations. That gives SJ an empty NHL contract slot for this season.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

With DW being a player's GM and all that, I'm sure they have some unwritten agreement. He knows about his family problems and would probably only trade him to Anaheim or LA.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That's easy...future considerations. That gives SJ an empty NHL contract slot for this season.

Works for me. :laugh:

With DW being a player's GM and all that, I'm sure they have some unwritten agreement. He knows about his family problems and would probably only trade him to Anaheim or LA.

Anaheim's got some serious injuries to their blue-line...

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Is he finally good at clearing the puck out?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Stuart's playing that badly.

I actually wouldn't be shocked of Stuart refused to report somewhere, from the sounds of things when he came back. I would be pretty shocked if they traded him.

That said, we overpaid him, no hometown discount, a seriously embarrassing and confusing deal. It's like I want to sell you this product, I know for a fact you are the only buyer in the world as I myself have said so publically, but I expect you to pay too much anyway.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I actually wouldn't be shocked of Stuart refused to report somewhere, from the sounds of things when he came back. I would be pretty shocked if they traded him.

That said, we overpaid him, no hometown discount, a seriously embarrassing and confusing deal. It's like I want to sell you this product, I know for a fact you are the only buyer in the world as I myself have said so publically, but I expect you to pay too much anyway.

At the time, it didn't look to be that bad. Although low 3mil is what everybody was looking for then, 3.6mil for what was supposed to be a for sure solid top-4 DFD who could at least skate better than Murray and supposedly pass better wasn't an awful deal.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So does anyone stand out in the minors this season?

To add to 210, the players who have stood out to me most aside from Tarasov and Hamilton are Doherty, Hayes and when he's in the lineup I still like Viedensky, but that could just be my bias talking.

Also, if Schwab (and Thomas) can refine Grosenick's game a little bit he could turn out to be an NHL caliber goaltender, I wasn't so sure that was the case when SJ signed him.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
To add to 210, the players who have stood out to me most aside from Tarasov and Hamilton are Doherty, Hayes and when he's in the lineup I still like Viedensky, but that could just be my bias talking.

Also, if Schwab (and Thomas) can refine Grosenick's game a little bit he could turn out to be an NHL caliber goaltender, I wasn't so sure that was the case when SJ signed him.

I see Grosenick following the same path as Stalock (minus the major injury, I hope)

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
With some maturing, Tarasov could be a pretty decent pickup. DraftBuzz hockey has prospect notes available for the December 8th, 2013 game against Manchester.

Daniil Tarasov was quite the undrafted free agent pickup as he is supremely skilled. Only problem is Daniil is a jeckyll and hyde type of player. He assisted on the only Sharks goal with a nice pass off an agile and crafty move and rifled a dirty backhand shot for a shootout goal. Yet, in overtime Daniil took a roughing penalty (shoving a player onto his hurt goalie on the ice) and as soon as he got out of the box shot a delay of game puck out of play. If he can tone down his inconsistent plays IE lost pucks, unbridled emotion, and round his game out he has a shot.

http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com/#!ahl/c1hrn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad