Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think that's just straight up SF/SA differential so it doesn't take into account missed or blocked shots or score effects. If that's the case it's pretty hard to read anything at all into those numbers.

I knew the former but I was unsure of the latter. It occurred to me that the W-Sharks play a lot trailing, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I knew the former but I was unsure of the latter. It occurred to me that the W-Sharks play a lot trailing, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I think score close SF/SA could be a decent indication of possession but I don't know much about the RTSS in the AHL.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I didn't watch the game last night, was going to watch it this morning but considering the outcome I think I'll pass.

Was Acolatse a "healthy" scratch or is he still nursing that knee injury?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I didn't watch the game last night, was going to watch it this morning but considering the outcome I think I'll pass.

Was Acolatse a "healthy" scratch or is he still nursing that knee injury?

It's got to be the knee because while he hasn't been as good as I was expecting this season he's most certainly not playing badly enough to be scratched.

dmband

Feb 15, 2010
Boston, Ma
What a bunch of idiots. 2 worst teams in the conference. 3 fights 4 minutes in. Bonneau and pelech hugging each other in the penalty box. Organization needs to get a frickin clue

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Once Worcester finally started playing hockey they actually looked quite good.

I'm beginning to wonder how long it'll be before Grosenick starts getting more starts, he's been really good.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What if Sommer is trying to get fired so he's acting incompetent and playing it straight but no one will fire him cuz of the loyalty thing. I'm just screwing around because it feels like a comedy.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Once Worcester finally started playing hockey they actually looked quite good.

I'm beginning to wonder how long it'll be before Grosenick starts getting more starts, he's been really good.

I'm expecting him to get the start today...or maybe more correctly, I would expect a competent head coach to give him the start today.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm expecting him to get the start today...or maybe more correctly, I would expect a competent head coach to give him the start today.

It sucks that Sateri seems to have taken a big step backwards, it's not good news for him as I know the org had (has) high hopes for him - I did too.

Hopefully he'll be getting some one on one time with Schwab.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
It sucks that Sateri seems to have taken a big step backwards, it's not good news for him as I know the org had (has) high hopes for him - I did too.

Hopefully he'll be getting some one on one time with Schwab.

Every season Sateri's Save% and GAA have gotten progressively worse. I know that a goalie's record isn't a great way to determine his quality of play, but he's 33-51-4 and perhaps most troubling very seldom steals games in a way that Stalock and Greiss used to. Grosenick has three wins this season and one could argue that he's stolen two of them (and the third was a shutout).

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Worcester suddenly finds themselves on a bit of a streak - thanks to the shootout.

I'm really glad that the Kitsyn goal didn't end up being the winner and was really impressed with how Grosenick bounced back after letting that one get past him.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Worcester suddenly finds themselves on a bit of a streak - thanks to the shootout.

I'm really glad that the Kitsyn goal didn't end up being the winner and was really impressed with how Grosenick bounced back after letting that one get past him.

As I mentioned on twitter, one has to guess Grosenick has (at least as this point) passed Sateri on the depth chart.

druncan

Mar 8, 2006
the city
Only 1800 at the Bulls game tonight. I'm getting kind of concerned about this season...

Has it been discussed having the team play in the Warriors arena if/when that gets built, or maybe the venue the Giants want to build in Lot A? Both would probably be better suited for a small hockey team and would be easier to get to than the Cow Palace, public transportation-wise. I'd imagine the Warriors arena would be tough considering both seasons are simultaneous, though; however, I'm sure the Giants wouldn't mind having a tenant.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I've was impressed with Doherty.

Too bad Abeltshauser had to sit. I know the coaches aren't very competent, but I don't think it bodes well anytime a player is healthy-scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad