Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I think the earliest he can play in Worcester is after his season is over next year in the WHL.

Which probably won't be for a long while... Everett is one of the best teams in the WHL right now (2nd in win%) so they could make a decent playoff run. If they go a couple rounds he probably won't play in the AHL unless Worcester makes the playoffs (and odds are he wouldn't play in that case)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Which probably won't be for a long while... Everett is one of the best teams in the WHL right now (2nd in win%) so they could make a decent playoff run. If they go a couple rounds he probably won't play in the AHL unless Worcester makes the playoffs (and odds are he wouldn't play in that case)

Talk about a huge turnaround; all I knew was that they were terrible last year. Do you know how big of a role Mueller has taken in this change up?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Talk about a huge turnaround; all I knew was that they were terrible last year. Do you know how big of a role Mueller has taken in this change up?

I don't. The only reason I knew Everett was doing well was I was looking something else up a couple days ago and noticed. With all the AHL/NHL/NCAA teams around me I don't pay much attention to juniors.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How has Sena Acolatse been this year? His numbers look fairly decent.

Also, how close would you guys think he is ready for a few games in SJ?

He's injured, probably has been for the entire season though he was able to play through it for a while.

Because of that injury (knee I believe) his mobility took a hit and that's a big part of his game, he hasn't been up to his usual level of play.

He's not ready to play in the NHL, he's likely behind Tennyson (who also hasn't been so good this season) and Doherty on the depth chart right now.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
He's injured, probably has been for the entire season though he was able to play through it for a while.

Because of that injury (knee I believe) his mobility took a hit and that's a big part of his game, he hasn't been up to his usual level of play.

He's not ready to play in the NHL, he's likely behind Tennyson (who also hasn't been so good this season) and Doherty on the depth chart right now.

Thanks for the info.

Its so disappointing that none of our D is ready for the transition. We are supposed to have real good 'D' depth but none of our players (Tennyson, Acolatse, Petrecki, Doherty) are ready for the bigs.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for the info.

Its so disappointing that none of our D is ready for the transition. We are supposed to have real good 'D' depth but none of our players (Tennyson, Acolatse, Petrecki, Doherty) are ready for the bigs.

I've talked about it often, the Sharks do have depth at defense in their system but I don't consider it good as none of their prospects that are closest to the NHL project to be much more then 5/6 d-men, though one or two have an outside shot at being a #4 d-men.

I'm not sure what's going on with Tennyson this season but he's taken a pretty good sized step backwards in his development, though he's been much, much better over the past 6-8 games.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think it's as simple as he was trying too hard...

Maybe, but he wasn't so good through training camp / pre-season either. Whatever it is / was seems to have sorted itself out which is good.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
How's the team doing right now? Seems like they're turning it around in general. Is it just luck on their side or are they actually playing well

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Maybe, but he wasn't so good through training camp / pre-season either. Whatever it is / was seems to have sorted itself out which is good.

That is good to hear. He was noticeable in the one pre-season game that I watched him play for the Sharks. In fact, he looked better than Irwin.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How's the team doing right now? Seems like they're turning it around in general. Is it just luck on their side or are they actually playing well

I agree with 210, the skaters are playing better but the goaltending has been the biggest difference.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Balg2FRIQAAqBsK.jpg:large

JamesLivy 12:05pm via Twitter for iPhone Holiday clips! @EJHayes25 on bass, @matt_nieto on drums, @dasser23 on keyboard @BrodieReid guitar, I'm violin! pic.twitter.com/mpl4TkGIHK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad