Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WTAG-twitter_normal.jpg
SharksAHLinGame 5:41pm via Web 5-0 Worcester...not kidding...wow 1400 left in 2nd

8756af4d56511e266b1f4c845d33ea95_normal.jpeg
210Darryl 5:41pm via Twitter for Android It's the first time the #WorSharks have scored 5 goals in a game since 3/23/13

Chased Portland's starter too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
SharksAHLinGame 6:38pm via Web
Sharks lead now 7-2.... Hamilton scores his 2nd of game!

Nieto scored the 6th goal.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I watched most of the 3rd yesterday and watched the rest this morning and I can see what you mean, Portland was horrible!

I really liked Doherty's game. He made smart, quick decisions with the puck and his skating / foot work have improved quite a bit.

The Hamilton line was great and like you said, Stalberg looked like he had a very strong game. I'd still like to see Abeltshauser come in for Petrecki but I can understand not messing with a winning line up.

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I watched most of the 3rd yesterday and watched the rest this morning and I can see what you mean, Portland was horrible!

I really liked Doherty's game. He made smart, quick decisions with the puck and his skating / foot work have improved quite a bit.

The Hamilton line was great and like you said, Stalberg looked like he had a very strong game. I'd still like to see Abelthauser come in for Petrecki but I can understand not messing with a winning line up.

The Nieto/Hamilton/Tarasov line was great, but they aren't anywhere near as good as Portland made them look. The Pirates all but gave up when it was 2-0 in the first period. That line will be very good for as long as it stays together, but because of Portland just "hanging out" we really can't take anything from the game. Tonight (vs Providence) and Sunday (@ Manchester) will give us a much better idea.

Stalberg had a really good first 45 minutes or so but then was trying so hard to get a goal he made a couple dumb mistakes.

I'm expecting the same lineup going tonight, with Grosenick going in place of Sateri.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Well, Nieto was recalled - that didn't take long!

And it looks like Pelech is back to Worcester.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So much for the same lineup tonight :laugh:

I really thought they'd let Nieto play the 3 in 3 before bringing him back. I know the SJ coaches are pretty unhappy with a couple of their players and I guess the didn't want to wait.

I really wanted to see what he could do against a strong Providence lineup but I have to say I'm pretty happy about this.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That was an entertaining game vs. the P. Bruins. Worcester played well and probably deserved a better outcome but giving up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd is never good.

It's also a bit questionable that Sommer went back to Sateri with how well Grosenick had been playing as Sateri looked a bit fatigued as the game went on and then in the shootout.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
That was an entertaining game vs. the P. Bruins. Worcester played well and probably deserved a better outcome but giving up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd is never good.

It's also a bit questionable that Sommer went back to Sateri with how well Grosenick had been playing as Sateri looked a bit fatigued as the game went on and then in the shootout.

I think Sateri should have had at least one of the PBruins goals and the one that slid in five-hole in the shootout...I'll reserve final judgment until I watch the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad