May 10, 2011
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m
Matt Nieto has been reassigned to Worcester #SJSharks

:cry:

He'll be back.:)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm hoping it's that, because reading DP's tweeting without that context ("#SJSharks reassigned Matt Nieto to WOR to get him some game action.") means that no one bothered to look at a pocket schedule for Worcester.

It's just the standard response instead of stating what it really is. Cap savings.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I'm too lazy to look, but Nieto has to be making more than Pelech. So if you need bodies "just in case" I guess it makes sense to go with the cheaper guy.

Still really doesn't make a lot of sense:

Hertl - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Wingels
Kennedy - Pavelski - Havlat
Sheppard - Desjardins - Brown
McCarthy

Plus we have Irwin sitting on the shelf. We don't need Pelech, we don't need anyone. If someone goes down, unless it's Brown, I wouldn't want Pelech in the line-up over McCarthy, and I wouldn't want him in the line-up over Irwin. Why bother calling him if you are not planning to play him and already have a spare player...

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Still really doesn't make a lot of sense:

Hertl - Thornton - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Wingels
Kennedy - Pavelski - Havlat
Sheppard - Desjardins - Brown
McCarthy

Plus we have Irwin sitting on the shelf. We don't need Pelech, we don't need anyone. If someone goes down, unless it's Brown, I wouldn't want Pelech in the line-up over McCarthy, and I wouldn't want him in the line-up over Irwin. Why bother calling him if you are not planning to play him and already have a spare player...

As a reward for Pelech, maybe one of the 4th liners is banged up (I don't think Desi was a "healthy" scratch), maybe they want his size instead of Brown, maybe they want an extra body for practice.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
As a reward for Pelech, maybe one of the 4th liners is banged up (I don't think Desi was a "healthy" scratch), maybe they want his size instead of Brown, maybe they want an extra body for practice.

Probably want him in against St. Louis and L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad