Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
True. Worst thing is trade value when the other team knows you have to move one is always less. Jodoin would fetch the least. I also think Bowler has already had discussions with each one and asked how they would feel if moved especially to a contender if it is a sell off.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
True. Worst thing is trade value when the other team knows you have to move one is always less. Jodoin would fetch the least. I also think Bowler has already had discussions with each one and asked how they would feel if moved especially to a contender if it is a sell off.
Holds the least trade value and brings the least value to the team. Hold the other three and maximize assets at the deadline.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Holds the least trade value and brings the least value to the team. Hold the other three and maximize assets at the deadline.
I find it interesting I can't see how having value in the OHL. People preach doing best by the player. Where would he go if not the OHL? Another week he wouldn't be eligible to play USports this semester.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Hopefully that puts it rest now lol.
It was obvious to most from the end of the Spits season this is where it would end up.
I liked the agressiveness BB showed at the deadline, just didn't work out. Could be lots of reasons why....I won't speculate, enough was said as to why.
But if BB can be as aggressive in trying to flip it around Windsor could be in good shape real quick.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Hopefully that puts it rest now lol.
It was obvious to most from the end of the Spits season this is where it would end up.
I liked the agressiveness BB showed at the deadline, just didn't work out. Could be lots of reasons why....I won't speculate, enough was said as to why.
But if BB can be as aggressive in trying to flip it around Windsor could be in good shape real quick.

I think there was a glimmer of hope given the circumstances but most knew that the AHL was the most likely destination. Wright wasn't some flashy kid but he put up two points per game, played a stronger defensive game than anticipated, and was a solid character off of the ice (from what I saw). It would have been swell to see him come back, up his value, and get traded for a boatload of assets, but that wasn't necessarily realistic.

With that said, Bowler's shown the willingness to go all-in so, while it may take time, going into a sell-mode could be just as interesting.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I think there was a glimmer of hope given the circumstances but most knew that the AHL was the most likely destination. Wright wasn't some flashy kid but he put up two points per game, played a stronger defensive game than anticipated, and was a solid character off of the ice (from what I saw). It would have been swell to see him come back, up his value, and get traded for a boatload of assets, but that wasn't necessarily realistic.

With that said, Bowler's shown the willingness to go all-in so, while it may take time, going into a sell-mode could be just as interesting.
Overpriced inquiry.
Hopefully Bowler learns now..

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption-Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

In regards to Wright there shouldn't have been any hope it was a red herring and something created through dreams.

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Of course some had a glimmer.....but they weren't realistic.
Yes he was good all over the ice n not flashy ( as was totally expected? Including defensively )

Bowler is interesting from the outside.
One year it's.... we want consistent success and won't go all in ( paraphrasing) and it worked out in a weak year n the ran to the finals.

The next year goes all in contrary to the message the previous year adding 2 of the most coveted Fs and others giving away alot of assets ( not judging but it went against the previous years message given to fans)
So let's see if they will sell big to flip it quick.
If he does, like I said I feel the can contend soon.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Reactions: rve24

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Weird rule but makes sense for an exceptional player. Had it been between ohl and nhl I don’t think he’d make the nhl because Seattle’s trying to win now and wright isn’t good enough for the first 2 lines

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Of course some had a glimmer.....but they weren't realistic.
Yes he was good all over the ice n not flashy ( as was totally expected? Including defensively )

Bowler is interesting from the outside.
One year it's.... we want consistent success and won't go all in ( paraphrasing) and it worked out in a weak year n the ran to the finals.

The next year goes all in contrary to the message the previous year adding 2 of the most coveted Fs and others giving away alot of assets ( not judging but it went against the previous years message given to fans)
So let's see if they will sell big to flip it quick.
If he does, like I said I feel the can contend soon.
You guys will sell all that is valuable that won’t be here in a year or two can almost guarantee it. No reason to keep quality OA’s and 19 year olds when you’re not doing anything special this season. I’d build around greenrree and christoforo as the 2 main pieces.

Reactions: KyGuy9

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

You are much too young to be using the word "swell" as an adverb. But I like it! Well done! I hope the compliment doesn't make your head swell. Don't worry, I'll show myself out.
Just wanted to break the news on Wright, no surprise.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
The surprising thing with Wrightis not the exemption, it is the fact they asked for it before camp even started. Not showing the kid much hope to make the team this year.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
You guys will sell all that is valuable that won’t be here in a year or two can almost guarantee it. No reason to keep quality OA’s and 19 year olds when you’re not doing anything special this season. I’d build around greenrree and christoforo as the 2 main pieces.
Bill Bowler has shown zero interest in selling at any point since he's taken over so don't be surprised when you're wrong. He has said all along he plans to compete every year, and has done just that. I don't see why this year is any different. They don't have picks to trade for upgrades at the deadline, but they'll still have an excellent team.

With even modest improvement guys like Spellacy, Greentree and Castle will make Windsor's top 9 forwards as good as any in the league, and their goaltender is well above average. Christoforo, Deangelis and Dionicio are three excellent players, so even the weakest area of the team is far from weak. Sure their depth on defence is a question mark, but find me a team in the OHL you can't say that about.

It's the same thing every year, "Oh, Windsor is going to be a middling team and sell their veterans!" and then we're whipping asses and taking names again. True story!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bill Bowler has shown zero interest in selling at any point since he's taken over so don't be surprised when you're wrong. He has said all along he plans to compete every year, and has done just that. I don't see why this year is any different. They don't have picks to trade for upgrades at the deadline, but they'll still have an excellent team.

With even modest improvement guys like Spellacy, Greentree and Castle will make Windsor's top 9 forwards as good as any in the league, and their goaltender is well above average. Christoforo, Deangelis and Dionicio are three excellent players, so even the weakest area of the team is far from weak. Sure their depth on defence is a question mark, but find me a team in the OHL you can't say that about.

It's the same thing every year, "Oh, Windsor is going to be a middling team and sell their veterans!" and then we're whipping asses and taking names again. True story!
Optimistic I think

Reactions: frontsfan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: