Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Why January, is that the peak before a soft sell?
By January it should be apparent if they are a top team in the west or not. Maybe you're right and they sell, but maybe I'm right and Bowler finds a way to add some help instead. They could trade Nesbitt for something decent in january if Bowler wants to get really goofy. If not, he's had success finding decent vets for mid round picks to provide depth.

I like the team as it is. Go ahead and crap on me for it if you like, but I think it's probably better than last years team out of camp. Other clubs in the league are probably better this season so that might not be enough, but maybe it is.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Actually last year prior to the season starting Spits had 125 goals for returning, this coming season if Windsor goes with 3 OA forwards they return with 210 goals for
Last year they wound up scoring 320 goals,15 more then the previous season.
Here so far are the top 5 teams regarding goals scored returning
1- Saginaw-215
2-Sudbury- 210
3- Windsor-210
4- Owen Sound-201
5- Ottawa- 199
Should note Costanzo was 5th last year
In goals against 3.03 and save percentage. 901
He also was the youngest goalie of the top 6 in the league.
Will be interesting if Windsor goes after a top 4D,as I am fine with Dionicio, Christoforo and DeAngilis, and Woodall right now is the best of 7 rookies at camp on the blueline.
I hope teams underestimate Windsor could be an interesting season imo.
I doubt very much Jack Nesbitt is dealt this season.
Finally with Shane Wright not coming back
this year,it is the 3rd straight year Spits have lost a player early to graduation ,2 years ago it was Jean Luc Foudy,l to the AHL(Colarado),last season Wyatt Johnston to Dallas,most consecutive of any team in the entire league.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Worth noting - Smith is not heading to camp because of his knee injury. Windsor Star reports he's out for a couple of weeks as of now.

this year,it is the 3rd straight year Spits have lost a player early to graduation ,2 years ago it was Jean Luc Foudy,l to the AHL(Colarado),last season Wyatt Johnston to Dallas,most consecutive of any team in the entire league.

To be fair, Wright was the least likely out of the three to be back.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Worth noting - Smith is not heading to camp because of his knee injury. Windsor Star reports he's out for a couple of weeks as of now.

Agreed ,though doesn't change the 3 years in a row mention

I see Euro dman Josef Eichler has been cleared to travel after contracting Mono
Spits are arranging travel details for him to arrive here.

Reactions: OHLTG

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Actually last year prior to the season starting Spits had 125 goals for returning, this coming season if Windsor goes with 3 OA forwards they return with 210 goals for
1- Saginaw-215
2-Sudbury- 210
3- Windsor-210
4- Owen Sound-201
5- Ottawa- 199
Will be interesting if Windsor goes after a top 4D,as I am fine with Dionicio, Christoforo and DeAngilis, and Woodall right now is the best of 7 rookies at camp on the blueline.
When you post this "goals returning stat", do you do so because you find it to be an "interesting" stat or a "meaningful" stat in terms of it translating into success for the upcoming season? Maybe you can post your list from last season. I'd like to see where the Petes ranked.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
1- Saginaw-215
2-Sudbury- 210
3- Windsor-210
4- Owen Sound-201
5- Ottawa- 199

I just did the math, but with Owen Sound you did not include Declan Waddick, who scored 28 goals with Niagara last year, Owen Sound is at 229,

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Agreed ,though doesn't change the 3 years in a row mention

I see Euro dman Josef Eichler has been cleared to travel after contracting Mono
Spits are arranging travel details for him to arrive here.
only reason they even got shane wright was due to him not coming back this year, they knew what they were getting into before the trade.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
When you post this "goals returning stat", do you do so because you find it to be an "interesting" stat or a "meaningful" stat in terms of it translating into success for the upcoming season? Maybe you can post your list from last season. I'd like to see where the Petes ranked.
Well, you knew there wasn’t going to be a ranking for returning playoff goals.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

He did the West and the top 3/4 of the list were all pretty scattered for their final standings. However, the bottom 1/4 was almost dead on save for London, who found another gear. For me, "returning goals" is interesting but I also know that there's a lot that can happen btwn now and even December, let alone March.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So apparently the OHL website felt there was a need to redesign Media Notes so it won't fit/work on your phone anymore! Or maybe I'm just old, either way what a cluster muck!!!

It's appearing pretty normal on my phone but I know the site, as a whole, has been a weird mess since they revamped it. Almost anything pre-July is either gone or takes forever to find.

Reactions: dirty12

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Well, you knew there wasn’t going to be a ranking for returning playoff goals.
I'm pretty sure Abraham, Maillet, Christopoulos, Deangelis, and Peer were all part of the team that won the Western Conference Championship the year before, so there's plenty of returning playoff performers for the Spitfires. Who did we beat in the western finals that year again? I can't remember, they weren't very good anyway whoever they were. Just a bunch of scrubs with a hot goalie and yappy fans. 😘

• Haha
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
In other news read last night that Spits 7th round pick from this year's draft Easton Pace-(Center) USA has committed to Colorado College where he will play in 2026.
He was here at rookie orientation after the draft but was the only no show of the 11 plus 3 U18 draft picks at this year's camp.
3 drafted players including Pace,and 2 from last year Joseph Delaurentis and Evan Sofikitis did not appear at this year's camp,all USA born players.
2 are college committed Pace and Delaurentis (Sacred Heart), Sofikitis is not yet.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Eichler finally arrives tomorrow as per Star. Not likely to see any preseason action due to conditioning. Cristoforo has a hip bothering him. Hoping that disappears sooner than later. With players at nhl camps this weekend not likely to show us too much. Smith maybe back to start regular season . Davis and Christopoulis expected back in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad