Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I don't want to sideline the intent of this thread (whatever it might be), but to the bolded. My original quote stands. Stop kidding yourself. You aren't doing your argument any favors.

I was speaking to the value of Tkachuk. I believe the Oilers would have won the Stanley Cup if they drafted Tkachuk 4th overall in 2016 and placed him alongside McDavid.

In terms of comparing Tkachuk and Draisaitl, Tkachuk just brings more to the table than Draisaitl for all the reasons mentioned above. You can choose to argue my earlier points if you like, or you can continue to ignore them.

Reactions: GlobalThreat

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Really love the way the kid plays the game. Think he becomes a 1st line power forward somewhere in between Perry and Marchand

Those are two good comparisons. I think he can be a Claude Lemieux of his era, in the sense that he is an agitator who can play an important part of Stanley Cup-contending teams. Lemieux won 4 Stanley Cups and that is no coincidence. His style of play is conducive to winning. Tkachuk will be the same. I still can't believe Tkachuk went 6th overall. He should've gone 3rd overall in his draft.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If Doughty fights him, people will **** on him and say that Tkachuk played him. If Doughty doesn't fight him, people will call him a coward. There's no good way to handle a rat like Tkachuk. Tkachuk's game is the hockey equivalent of being an ******* and then saying "I was just trolling!" when called out.

no one will shit on doughty if he mans up and fights tkachuk. people would actually respect him a lot more

it's embarrassing and somewhat odd that a 10 year vet like doughty is so scared of a 19 year old

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
A better more on-the-line version of Kadri is my comparison for current players. Atleast when its all said and done

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
At least wait until the end of the season to start that horse and pony show back up. Drai has looked like he's stuck in molasses so far this season, and that's playing with McD

Whoops, that came out completely wrong. I meant to say the Flames wanted Bennett over Drai, and now Drai is clearly the better player.

The Oilers wanted JP, and Tkachuk is looking to be the more solid pick.

There, now the Force is balanced!

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Iginla was a power forward that fought. Doughty is not. Use common sense. It's like saying Erik Karlsson should stand up for himself and fight because Jamie Benn does. Two completely different players.
Doughty mouths off like he's a tough guy, Karlsson doesn't, that's the difference. Doughty is the defenseman version of Burrows. A wimp with a big mouth!

If he would stick to playing the game his talent affords him instead of chirping, then running and hiding guys like 19 year old Tkachuk wouldn't pick on him.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Matthew Tkachuk is a good player and very good at his job and this thread proves it), there are some things he can learn and will, he is jut 19 years old. As good as Matthew Tkachuk is, Brady Tkachuk is even better than Matthew(this is according to Matthew himself, He is faster, stronger and has a edge to him that Matthew does not have.)

This is pretty funny(the bolded part.)

At some family events we would get the boxing gloves on and get going,” Matthew said. “And we’d end up going pretty hard. I got him with one and he gave me that look. He’s the type of guy that you can push far, but if you push him over the edge, he’s got that stare and he’s coming to get you.”

And yes, Brady has been pushed over the edge.

“One time he was picking on me so much, I flipped a switch,” Brady said. “My grandma was there and she had to call in (ex-St. Louis Blues center) Phil McRae – he was living with us at the time – and he had to break it up.”

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/brady-tkachuk-growing-out-of-family-shadow

On Drew Doughty, quit being a whiny little baby, if you are tough as you talk, than just challenge Matthew Tkachuk to a fight, if not just shut your mouth. Doughty looks like an 80 year old man in this picture. LOL

kKtfhZi.jpg

Last edited:

GlobalThreat

Oct 12, 2017
He lives rent free in Doughty's head, and he knows it. He's 19, 6'2" 205lbs, had 48 points, 105 PIM'S and +14 in his rookie year. Yeah, I'd take him on my team.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Doughty mouths off like he's a tough guy, Karlsson doesn't, that's the difference. Doughty is the defenseman version of Burrows. A wimp with a big mouth!

If he would stick to playing the game his talent affords him instead of chirping, then running and hiding guys like 19 year old Tkachuk wouldn't pick on him.
Doughty can chirp all he want's. He's been doing it since 2008, and I don't see anyone stopping him. Doughty is a winner, Tkachuk is not.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Good post. Thanks! Couldn't agree more. I wish I could like this post 2x.

Wait you dont like his act? Its odd. Its kind of like yours, but actually a bit better. You should study this if you want to up your game. Its like watching a new generation destroy the old guard. Its the natural order.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I'm just stating facts bud. Doughty is a proven winner at the highest level. Tkachuk hasn't won ****.
Memorial Cup where he played a major role.
And as I said, he is in his second NHL year... Plenty of time to be a winner in the NHL as well.

Stupid comparison [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Memorial Cup where he played a major role.
And as I said, he is in his second NHL year... Plenty of time to be a winner in the NHL as well.

Stupid comparison [mod].
Just like how you guys compared Doughty to Iginla/Benn.

[mod]

Drew+Doughty+2012+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Game+X8X0wXws83Ol.jpg

463090c0-38db-11e6-b0ea-c3261ed8bd5f_542227874.jpg

About what? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Heart Eater

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm just stating facts bud. Doughty is a proven winner at the highest level. Tkachuk hasn't won ****.

Winning in hockey is a team effort not an individual. Give me an example of 1 player that is a "winner" that won a stanley cup on his own. I don't understand how you are saying proven winner, congrats he was on a team that won, yes he was a big part but he is not the sole reason the Kings won any of their stanley cups. If you are talking about the Olympics....he is canadian, if I was on that team I would be a winner.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Winning in hockey is a team effort not an individual. Give me an example of 1 player that is a "winner" that won a stanley cup on his own. I don't understand how you are saying proven winner, congrats he was on a team that won, yes he was a big part but he is not the sole reason the Kings won any of their stanley cups. If you are talking about the Olympics....he is canadian, if I was on that team I would be a winner.
According to your logic Mike Richards isn't a winner? :laugh:

original.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad