Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Just like how you guys compared Doughty to Iginla/Benn.

[mod]

Drew+Doughty+2012+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Game+X8X0wXws83Ol.jpg

463090c0-38db-11e6-b0ea-c3261ed8bd5f_542227874.jpg

About what? :laugh:

A 19 old is taking Shits all over your team. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mitts

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Winning in hockey is a team effort not an individual. Give me an example of 1 player that is a "winner" that won a stanley cup on his own. I don't understand how you are saying proven winner, congrats he was on a team that won, yes he was a big part but he is not the sole reason the Kings won any of their stanley cups. If you are talking about the Olympics....he is canadian, if I was on that team I would be a winner.
Matt Tkachuk would never make team Canada unless it was a Kunitz-like choice.

A 19 old is ****ting all over your team.
[mod]
Shitting over what bud? They have more cups in the past 6 years than your team has in franchise history. Humble yourself. You have a few good players and you're here thumping your chest acting like you've won multiple cups. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Second yeat in the league. How the hell can you say he won't make team Canada ever? wtf
He gave away that eligibility because he probably knew he would never make it.

The man has 15 goals in 84 games in this league and you're acting like he's a premier player. Pump the breaks and humble yourself, young man.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Matt Tkachuk would never make team Canada unless it was a Kunitz-like choice.

****ting over what bud? They have more cups in the past 6 years than your team has in franchise history. Humble yourself. You have a few good players and you're here thumping your chest acting like you've won multiple cups. Are you 14 years old?

Humble myself? Because I stood up against someone saying that Tkachuck is not a winner? And that he has SHIT all over LA in the past season and this one so far.

Reactions: GlobalThreat

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
He gave away that eligibility because he probably knew he would never make it.

The man has 15 goals in 84 games in this league and you're acting like he's a premier player. Pump the breaks and humble yourself, young man.

US team. My mistake. And you cannot say he would not make an Olympic team after 1 season of playing.

Reactions: GlobalThreat

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i didn't want the canucks to take him. initially, tkachuk seemed like a guy who had learned a lot from his dad and was thriving in junior by playing smart positional and mental hockey among kids. i thought he was going to come down to earth when he went into a league full of people doing those things and his actual skills were tested.

so far i have been completely wrong about the guy. it would have been interesting to put him on a line with burrows. i doubt anyone would recall who the centre was.

GlobalThreat

Oct 12, 2017
US team. My mistake. And you cannot say he would not make an Olympic team after 1 season of playing.

He'll make the US team in international comp, there's not doubt about it. The butt hurt about him here, means that he's over the target. When people whine and complain about someone, it means they're doing something right.

Reactions: BarnumEffect

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I was speaking to the value of Tkachuk. I believe the Oilers would have won the Stanley Cup if they drafted Tkachuk 4th overall in 2016 and placed him alongside McDavid.

In terms of comparing Tkachuk and Draisaitl, Tkachuk just brings more to the table than Draisaitl for all the reasons mentioned above. You can choose to argue my earlier points if you like, or you can continue to ignore them.

Was Matthew Tkachuk going to prevent Ryan Kesler from grabbing Cam Talbot's pad? Because that's why you didn't make it to the WCF.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Was Matthew Tkachuk going to prevent Ryan Kesler from grabbing Cam Talbot's pad? Because that's why you didn't make it to the WCF.

Well, I am not an Oilers fan per se. I like the Oilers, and especially a few of their players like McDavid and Puljujarvi, but I like other teams too.

My post was to highlight how impactful Tkachuk would've been for the Oilers. Tkachuk could've been the difference between a second round exit, and winning the cup. Why? Because I believe the Oilers would've gotten past Anaheim with Tkachuk in what was already a 50-50 affair. Tkachuk tips the scales. Then Edmonton gets by Nashville and then a good chance (maybe 50-50) against Pittsburgh, the same way Ottawa almost took them out.

Tkachuk is a special player. A proven champion when you put him alongside a top scorer on the top line. I like Puljujarvi too, a lot, but only Tkachuk had a chance to impact the Oilers last post season.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
If genetics and a box of donuts has a say, he'll become a fat lard like his dad. Calgary fans pray there's no lockout again. No hockey does not bode well for the Tkachuck clan's waist line.

You can't stop him. You can only hope he can't stop himself either... from eating.

Reactions: TheStroker

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's stuff like this that makes him so good at being a pest, the little things, "oh, guys piling on me? I won't grab them, let me get ahold of Quick and piss them off even more".
Quick grabbed his leg to take him down so Tkachuk retaliated by grabbing him by the mask

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Reading posts in this thread just makes me love Tkachuk even more. It's hilarious how many people are trying to shit on him when it's clear they are all just annoyed that we have him.

If Tkachuk was on any of the other 30 teams in the NHL, that fanbase would LOVE him while the other 30 fanbases would HATE him. It just makes it even better that he's incredibly skilled so he can actually back up his s*** disturbing ways with already great production which will only get better as he gets older and gets more ice time.

Amazing, amazing player

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's annoying, his corsi is insane, and his p/60 great.

Reminds me of Kreider, but with his age, I think he ends up being a better version of Kreider. And Kreider is a first line wing, so we're taking Tkachuk being a really high-end player.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He's a future St.Louis Blue. Grew up in STL and wants to play for his home town.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
He's annoying, his corsi is insane, and his p/60 great.

Reminds me of Kreider, but with his age, I think he ends up being a better version of Kreider. And Kreider is a first line wing, so we're taking Tkachuk being a really high-end player.

I tend to agree with your posts Machinehead but there is no comparison between Kreider and Tkachuk in my opinion. Very different players.

Love Tkachuk by the way. Already loved Bennett and Gaudreau, but watching Flames now is even more fun.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I tend to agree with your posts Machinehead but there is no comparison between Kreider and Tkachuk in my opinion. Very different players.

Love Tkachuk by the way. Already loved Bennett and Gaudreau, but watching Flames now is even more fun.

Different styles, but the analytics are identical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->