Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
And I just provided you examples of two players on two separate teams who had their best player fighting. So you last statement is completely false. Simple as that.
Iginla was a power forward that fought. Doughty is not. Use common sense. It's like saying Erik Karlsson should stand up for himself and fight because Jamie Benn does. Two completely different players.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Do you honestly think that your player is going to get away with chirping all the time?

Great sample size by the way. One star player fighting and got his hand injured. That really helped your argument. What about Iginla back then? Jamie Benn? Those guys have fought numerous times, and it appears that they were just fine.

I brought up Doughty trying to sell calls because all he does is whine. And when he gets in a closed area such as the bench or the penalty box, he just chirps and chirps and chirps. It's hilarious. The guy won't even stand up for himself. He's pathetic. There's a reason why he gets hit frequently by different Flames players.

Look at the names you brought up, those guys are heavy and aren't to be messed with. Doughty isn't exactly an intimidating fighter so he sticks to chirping. Horrible comparisons.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why are people saying it's not possible for him to develop into a power forward? He's only 19 and could easily put on another 25lbs before he hits his peak. At 230 and 6'2'' with great skating and drive to the net, he could be a great power forward. He's the same height as his dad, but just needs to fill out his frame.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If you don't have the balls to man up, don't run your mouth.

if tkachuk doesn't have the balls to drop em with an actual fighter, he shouldn't go around elbowing star players on nothing plays

like honestly, how do you excuse this? i guess it might be hard to see since you're so busy fellating him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Most likely a more constant Correy perry although i do not think he ever puts up 50 goals like perry did. Should have a few 60 point seasons(low 60's) and hover around 50-55 points for the rest. Guys going to be a staple on our second line for the next 10+ years
huh... how did you come up with a more constant version of corey perry? Perry is very durable for the style he plays and the beating he takes, and hes constantly be around the 30 goal mark and 60 point mark... I think tkachuk will be constantly 25-30 goal range and 55-60 point range... idk if hell have the high marks that perry had tho.

I agree with the perry comparison, at least in the style he plays the game... he trolls, he scores... he plays on top of the goalie, he even acts like he doesn't know why people hate him after he runs into the goalie and what not.

He also has a lil kesler in him, in the way he kinda smiles when stuff is going on and always seems to stick his chin out... isn't afraid to go after the star players(I think perry spent far too much time fighting scrubs and what not), but kesler for the most part wont waste his time with scrubs/plugs if hes going to fight or get engaged with a player on opposing team its going to be an even take out for both sides, and I think tkachuk is much better at making sure hes going after players of equal value(something I wish perry did better throughout his career)

I love matt tkachuk, he is basically a prototypical style ducks player... its unfortunate we couldn't find a way to grab him(also a big bennet/monahan fan)... and its not only because he is basically public enemy #1 amongst king fans. Id go as far as to call him my favorite non duck player(or at least that's never played in a ducks uniform, either him or vlasic )

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
So happy that he fell to the Flames in the draft. Fantastic player in a lot of areas.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol, back when? You should check out the Phoenix series from 2012, or the 2010 Vancouver series. Doughty has always been like this. He talks a lot of **** and jaws with everyone.

I think it's hilarious and entertaining.

Yea I wish more players would just beat him up for his child like behavior.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If players don't beat up Perry for his child like behavior I doubt they would beat up Doughty.
Have you watched a ducks game before? Perry literally is the most beat up player in the league. The reason why star players wont touch perry is because they know perry will go right back at them, if you touch doughty hes going to look for the nearest ref and then throw a tantrum while hes protected.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Have you watched a ducks game before? Perry literally is the most beat up player in the league. The reason why star players wont touch perry is because they know perry will go right back at them, if you touch doughty hes going to look for the nearest ref and then throw a tantrum while hes protected.

Cross checking and then hiding behind the refs isn't what I call getting beaten.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Tkachuk is a rat, that would love to have on my team.

I hope people start calling out Dustin Brown diving, taking runs at guys etc, agin this year, because if they are means he is doing his job and the Kings will have a good season.

Hate guys like Tkachuk and Corey Perry but only because they play for another team, if they were on the Kings would love them. I am not a hypocrite about it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
if tkachuk doesn't have the balls to drop em with an actual fighter, he shouldn't go around elbowing star players on nothing plays

like honestly, how do you excuse this? i guess it might be hard to see since you're so busy ******ing him
oh my god a player got their elbow up, you'd think he took someones head off with the way you cry about it

Reactions: GlobalThreat

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

like honestly, how do you excuse this? i guess it might be hard to see since you're so busy ******ing him

Looks like Tkachuk just missed a hit. In doing so his arm comes up. He barely makes contact with elbow. It's actually the forearm that makes contact and not the elbow. It's common for player to push with their arms during a hit, when they miss, their arms will come up in the air.

Edit: An 18 year old Tkachuk also fought McNabb last season. He has a record of stepping up. He's a big offensive player, he shouldn't be trading 5 minutes off with every goon who has a problem with him.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Hilarious that Kings fans have their panties in such a knot about Tkachuk's "dirty play"

Meanwhile, they have Dustin Brown and Doughty clowning it up every game. Not one of you remembers Brown's elbows, slewfoots, and generally being a total dirtbag for the last decade? Doughty's mic'd up segment didn't have you questioning his character a bit? Yaaaa ok.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Doughty is allowed to chirp all he wants. He doesn't have to fight anyone.

Star players shouldn't have to fight just anyone - nobody thinks Doughty should fight Tanner Glass or Troy Brouwer.

Matthew Tkachuk is one of the best young players in hockey. He gets ridiculously tough assignments for a 19 year old, and he's a huge part of on one of the three or four best possession lines in all of hockey.

It doesn't matter if Doughty loses, it doesn't matter if they just bear hug and go to the ice. Doughty could take Tkachuk down like Bennett v Shore earlier in the night. Whatever floats his boat.

When you have a 45-second performance in the penalty box and then nothing comes of it after? I'd like to speak to the chef, he served up some weak sauce.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Doughty is allowed to chirp all he wants. He doesn't have to fight anyone.

Star players shouldn't have to fight just anyone - nobody thinks Doughty should fight Tanner Glass or Troy Brouwer.

Matthew Tkachuk is one of the best young players in hockey. He gets ridiculously tough assignments for a 19 year old, and he's a huge part of on one of the three or four best possession lines in all of hockey.

It doesn't matter if Doughty loses, it doesn't matter if they just bear hug and go to the ice. Doughty could take Tkachuk down like Bennett v Shore earlier in the night. Whatever floats his boat.

When you have a 45-second performance in the penalty box and then nothing comes of it after? I'd like to speak to the chef, he served up some weak sauce.

He took a really hard shot after the penalty... haha

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Our captain and best dman drops the gloves from time to time :dunno: . When the situation arises, it's a huge momentum boost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad