Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
if tkachuk doesn't have the balls to drop em with an actual fighter, he shouldn't go around elbowing star players on nothing plays

like honestly, how do you excuse this? i guess it might be hard to see since you're so busy ******ing him

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah that one is dirty

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's a bit dirty but man is it hilarious seeing the almost 8 year veteran in Doughty's mind go from poised to rabid animal the moment the name "Tkachuk" is uttered anywhere around him.

I have a feeling little Matthew is another Marchand in the making.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Love the way this kid plays hockey. Greasy AF and competes for every inch of ice. You can tell he's built his game specifically for the NHL, great on the boards, great in tight, drives the net like a madman.

Does all this while pissing off the other teams top players, drawing penalties as good as anybody in the league, and having terrific possession numbers. So much fun to watch, quickly becoming my favourite Flame. He's just going to get better too. Gonna crack 70pts at least a couple of seasons.

The fact the Canucks and Oilers passed on him is just the cool whip atop the slew foot sundae.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Hilarious that Kings fans have their panties in such a knot about Tkachuk's "dirty play"

Meanwhile, they have Dustin Brown and Doughty clowning it up every game. Not one of you remembers Brown's elbows, slewfoots, and generally being a total dirtbag for the last decade? Doughty's mic'd up segment didn't have you questioning his character a bit? Yaaaa ok.

You do realize Dustin Brown has played almost 1000 nhl games over 10+ season and has been suspended one time. Since everyone else calls him a dirty player then he must be.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
1xhy8q.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from tvp2003 @ CP

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
He's a bit dirty but man is it hilarious seeing the almost 8 year veteran in Doughty's mind go from poised to rabid animal the moment the name "Tkachuk" is uttered anywhere around him.

I have a feeling little Matthew is another Marchand in the making.

marchand is a good comparison in terms of peak impact. i think marchand has a better motor and relies more on quickness, whereas mt is bigger (obviously) and plays more of a stationary game along the boards and on top of the goalie in the offensive zone. they're both greasy as hell (and as skilled as they are greasy) and good in defense and transition. marchand has a better shot than tkachuk now, but mt seems to be shooting the puck more this season, hopefully he'll develop some of marchand's goal scoring ability.

also like the perry comparison, though perry seems to play with more elusiveness than tkachuk.

mainly it's fun to see tkachuk play so well and inject some venom into the pacific division with his shenanigans. glad to see that the flames are relevant again for now

Reactions: Wish You Were Here

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This did crack me up last night.

z0OVGBs.png

It's stuff like this that makes him so good at being a pest, the little things, "oh, guys piling on me? I won't grab them, let me get ahold of Quick and piss them off even more".

Reactions: btimbit

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
It's stuff like this that makes him so good at being a pest, the little things, "oh, guys piling on me? I won't grab them, let me get ahold of Quick and piss them off even more".
Haha yep, he knows how to agitate the hell out of other players.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Tkachuk is a proven champion playing on the top line with a other established scorer. He scores the dirty goals with ease, and scores with flair. He was a 50 point scorer in his NHL rookie season. He is the perfect complement to McDavid.

If the Oilers had drafted Tkachuk 4th overall in 2016 and placed him alongside McDavid, I think they would've won the Stanley Cup last year. (Don't get me wrong. I am a massive fan of Puljujarvi. But give Tkachuk a chance last year, and the Oilers win)

I don't want to sideline the intent of this thread (whatever it might be), but to the bolded. My original quote stands. Stop kidding yourself. You aren't doing your argument any favors.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
its so dumb, Quick started everything by whacking tkachuk, people act like tkachuk started everything and he got the penalty too. dont want to get touched, dont start stuff.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I find it amusing that the Flames wanted Bennett over Draisatl, and yet the later pick is clearly better. Then the Oilers took JP over Bennett, and the later one is looking better.

There is balance in the Force.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I find it amusing that the Flames wanted Bennett over Draisatl, and yet the later pick is clearly better. Then the Oilers took JP over Bennett, and the later one is looking better.

There is balance in the Force.

At least wait until the end of the season to start that horse and pony show back up. Drai has looked like he's stuck in molasses so far this season, and that's playing with McD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->